Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jorgeburgosbaraja

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys anything helps please!!!! I have a 2019 ram Rebel 1500!! It was running fine and I took it to get it smog!! When I parked it I was told to give the shop 1 Hr came back 1 Hr later and I was told the truck wouldn’t start so I tried it and it only started with remote start but wouldn’t shift out of park like the truck didn’t recognize me pressing the brake pedal I had to get it towed home I changed the brake pedal sensor and it’s working as I can see the voltage signal with my autel scaner but the brake pedal still shows released even when I press it!! Now before I didn’t even had to hit my brake pedal to start the truck also my brake lights don’t come on when I hit the brake pedal any info or guidance would be appreciated thanks

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Maybe the relay is bad? Kind of weird after taking it for emissions test. Did they get test done? If so, it might be something they did during test but now that you have it home and replaced parts, not much to try on that end.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
was this a mechanics shop? if so i would tell them to fix it end of story.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Always a gut feeling of mine. Never want to leave my truck unattended at a service shop...unless I trust the guys beyond the blue...just me ...getting less trusting as I get older in this world.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
You have replaced the brake pedal sensor?
It tests out perfect?
Brake does not show any change, no matter position?
Brake lights do not come on, when brake is depresssed?

Move from replaced sesnor to pedal and check all current flows, depressed and released.
If that all checks out, then move from sensor, outwards, until you find the cause.

Good Luck adn let us know what it turns out to be.

BTW

Have you tried calibrating teh sensor?

Are you getting any codes?
If so, what are they?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963