Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t2dmfj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 97 dodge ram 1500 with the 5.9. I was diving down the interstate one day and started to get a misfire on multiple cylinder. Codes showed 3 cylinder misfires. Brought it home and parked it. As of today it will start but will not stay cranked. Any ideas on what could have caused this issue?

Jane S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 97 dodge ram 1500 with the 5.9. I was diving down the interstate one day and started to get a misfire on multiple cylinder. Codes showed 3 cylinder misfires. Brought it home and parked it. As of today it will start but will not stay cranked. Any ideas on what could have caused this issue?

Could be many things
cap and rotors
wires
injectors
electrical

flecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
From my research, the main culprits seem to be crank sensor, ASD relay gone bad, cam position sensor (pickup in the distributor) and a malfunctioning coil. There are tests that can be done to see if each component works, before you replace them.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca