How easy is it to steal these trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
You are over reading it. The law in Minnesota and probably a few other Northern states was enacted for people who left their keys in the car, not for thieves who come in and in the course of a home burglary, secured said keys and took the car.

The problem in places like Minnesota and their brutal winters is that people tend to go out and warm their vehicles up and go back inside their home or leave them running while they temporarily bolt into a store. Leaves an easy target for theft.

They call it puffing in Co. not to be confused with fluffing which my truck might like. :roflsquared:

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Funny (kinda...) how state law varys on use of deadly force. Its like this state thinks your **** is worth killing some one over, and another state is like well.. you should die first before you kill some one... Dumb

In my state (commy MA) We are only protected by law to use deadly force INSIDE our dwelling, if all other means have been exhausted. However, the law protects us as it says if you believe your life is in danger than your are clear to shoot them, IF they are unlawfully on your property, which is basicaly pointing you to another law that says they can only be unlawfuly on your property if they are notified. So with that said. If you park your car inside your garage and douchcannoe robber breaks into your garage and had a crowbar and you tell him to leave and he dosnt, you can legally kill him in MA. However, your still going to jail to face the machine - as with any state in the US.

Here is a snap shot of the way our ******** laws are written: https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartIV/TitleII/Chapter278/Section8A

"it shall be a defense that the occupant was in his dwelling at the time of the offense and that he acted in the reasonable belief that the person unlawfully in said dwelling was about to inflict great bodily injury or death upon said occupant or upon another person lawfully in said dwelling,"

If my truck is parked out side, I can wave to them from the window and offer to serve them cookies as they steal my truck.

Last edited:

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That's why I like states like texas and oklahoma. It's your property, vehicle, or place of business.

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just cripple them! Don't shoot to kill. Are they going to run to the cops and say you shot him?

Have a few registered guns...shoot him with the one that isn't :)

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Just cripple them! Don't shoot to kill. Are they going to run to the cops and say you shot him?

Have a few registered guns...shoot him with the one that isn't :)

Life does not play out like the movies or guys bull****ting around the water cooler with this talk of "cripple them". If your life is in immediate danger or lawful defense of property, center mass or nothing.

Last thing you want is two stories being told. You only want yours being told because the other guy is dead.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
^^ any time guns are brought up the subject changes, you should know this by now lol.

I however am a law abiding gun freak and will speak my mind as I like to spread knowledge regarding the topic..

I will contribute to the now off topic tho - Regardless of what state you live in you shoot someone and you're going to jail, lawful or not. The only time you're getting "off" is because its a small town, the cops know you and they know what happened was legit and they don't want to grind up the paper work, but they still have a dead body to deal with. Remember this tho 99% of the time cops don't know you, and they are showing up to do their job which is to investigate why a dude is dead on your property, can't get mad at them for doing their job, but best thing to do is arm yourself with some knowledge on how the legal system works for self defence and how easily you can get jammed up even if your in the right 100%..

i sugest EVERYONE who carries read this at least once: http://www.amazon.com/The-Law-Self-Defense-Indispensable/dp/0988867702

k, ill walk away slowly now.. :)

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
Canadian Law.

Self-defence against unprovoked assault

34. (1) Every one who is unlawfully assaulted without having provoked the assault is justified in repelling force by force if the force he uses is not intended to cause death or grievous bodily harm and is no more than is necessary to enable him to defend himself.

Extent of justification

(2) Every one who is unlawfully assaulted and who causes death or grievous bodily harm in repelling the assault is justified if
(a) he causes it under reasonable apprehension of death or grievous bodily harm from the violence with which the assault was originally made or with which the assailant pursues his purposes; and
(b) he believes, on reasonable grounds, that he cannot otherwise preserve himself from death or grievous bodily harm.

Self-defence in case of aggression

35. Every one who has without justification assaulted another but did not commence the assault with intent to cause death or grievous bodily harm, or has without justification provoked an assault on himself by another, may justify the use of force subsequent to the assault if
(a) he uses the force
(i) under reasonable apprehension of death or grievous bodily harm from the violence of the person whom he has assaulted or provoked, and
(ii) in the belief, on reasonable grounds, that it is necessary in order to preserve himself from death or grievous bodily harm;
(b) he did not, at any time before the necessity of preserving himself from death or grievous bodily harm arose, endeavour to cause death or grievous bodily harm; and
(c) he declined further conflict and quitted or retreated from it as far as it was feasible to do so before the necessity of preserving himself from death or grievous bodily harm arose.

Provocation

36. Provocation includes, for the purposes of sections 34 and 35, provocation by blows, words or gestures.

Preventing assault

37. (1) Every one is justified in using force to defend himself or any one under his protection from assault, if he uses no more force than is necessary to prevent the assault or the repetition of it.

Extent of justification

(2) Nothing in this section shall be deemed to justify the wilful infliction of any hurt or mischief that is excessive, having regard to the nature of the assault that the force used was intended to prevent.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Who cares? its conversation. unless we were all fighting then the mods should pay no mind. Or are you suggesting so because we are talking about the lawful killing of people in general?

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Canadian Law.

Self-defence against unprovoked assault

34. (1) Every one who is unlawfully assaulted without having provoked the assault is justified in repelling force by force if the force he uses is not intended to cause death or grievous bodily harm and is no more than is necessary to enable him to defend himself.

Extent of justification

(2) Every one who is unlawfully assaulted and who causes death or grievous bodily harm in repelling the assault is justified if
(a) he causes it under reasonable apprehension of death or grievous bodily harm from the violence with which the assault was originally made or with which the assailant pursues his purposes; and
(b) he believes, on reasonable grounds, that he cannot otherwise preserve himself from death or grievous bodily harm.

Self-defence in case of aggression

35. Every one who has without justification assaulted another but did not commence the assault with intent to cause death or grievous bodily harm, or has without justification provoked an assault on himself by another, may justify the use of force subsequent to the assault if
(a) he uses the force
(i) under reasonable apprehension of death or grievous bodily harm from the violence of the person whom he has assaulted or provoked, and
(ii) in the belief, on reasonable grounds, that it is necessary in order to preserve himself from death or grievous bodily harm;
(b) he did not, at any time before the necessity of preserving himself from death or grievous bodily harm arose, endeavour to cause death or grievous bodily harm; and
(c) he declined further conflict and quitted or retreated from it as far as it was feasible to do so before the necessity of preserving himself from death or grievous bodily harm arose.

Provocation

36. Provocation includes, for the purposes of sections 34 and 35, provocation by blows, words or gestures.

Preventing assault

37. (1) Every one is justified in using force to defend himself or any one under his protection from assault, if he uses no more force than is necessary to prevent the assault or the repetition of it.

Extent of justification

(2) Nothing in this section shall be deemed to justify the wilful infliction of any hurt or mischief that is excessive, having regard to the nature of the assault that the force used was intended to prevent.

You would think this all pertains to the pigs as well....but their force is ALWAYS justified...riiiiiiiiiiiiiigght.

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
Who cares? its conversation. unless we were all fighting then the mods should pay no mind. Or are you suggesting so because we are talking about the lawful killing of people in general?

I'm just puzzled what the hell gun laws have to do with how easy a truck is to steal.

The OP wanted information about anti-theft measures designed into the truck. Not lectures on gun laws and gun policy.

My views on the subject are irrelevant, but are a lot closer to yours than you probably think. If your kneejerk response is "if you object to this thread, then you must be a gun-hatin' libruhl", you're careening in the wrong direction.

Point is this: it's way off-topic. You may not care, but the mods might, and the OP probably does if he hasn't just shaken his head and abandoned the thread completely.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm just puzzled what the hell gun laws have to do with how easy a truck is to steal.

The OP wanted information about anti-theft measures designed into the truck. Not lectures on gun laws and gun policy.

My views on the subject are irrelevant, but are a lot closer to yours than you probably think. If your kneejerk response is "if you object to this thread, then you must be a gun-hatin' libruhl", you're careening in the wrong direction.

Point is this: it's way off-topic. You may not care, but the mods might, and the OP probably does if he hasn't just shaken his head and abandoned the thread completely.
As Bush once said, your either with us or against us. - comical.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

disasterpiece

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

just like the oil, intake, TB, CAI, fuel, and gear threads. OP's get a semi legit response after the first few replies. After that, **** goes sideways and hijacked.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I for one was serious about removing the shifter knob...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
As Bush once said, your either with us or against us. - comical.
Agreed.

just like the oil, intake, TB, CAI, fuel, and gear threads. OP's get a semi legit response after the first few replies. After that, **** goes sideways and hijacked.
Yup. Seems like that.

I for one was serious about removing the shifter knob...

Well, that one made sense. And it was on-topic from my perspective anyway.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
And... now we have effectively hijacked this thread with yet another off topic, topic. :roflsquared:

I get your point, but I just like to engage in conversation. Even if I end up swaying it the wrong way. Just figured after all the pages this topic is dead and we could shoot the bull. No need to be a party pooper lol

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
And... now we have effectively hijacked this thread with yet another off topic, topic. :roflsquared:

I get your point, but I just like to engage in conversation. Even if I end up swaying it the wrong way. Just figured after all the pages this topic is dead and we could shoot the bull. No need to be a party pooper lol

Not trying to poop the party...just direct it to the right room. "The Lounge" is that way ----> :)