How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Iirc you should see 9M ohm resistance across the handle leads if they are connected correctly. Also check to make sure they aren't reversed?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

vhmike73

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500 Laramie Limited
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks Chris: I'll try to score a meter tomorrow and test at least the passenger side wiring since I don't have to tear apart the door, and we're getting more (goodie! :mad:) snow again tomorrow afternoon into Monday.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So this afternoon after being released from drill, I decided to install the door handles (or at least the driver side, as that's the more difficult one, and the one I would use most), and tackled the install in my parking area (uncovered) in 35 degree weather. Mostly went well, but I think I have a broken wire for the handle as it doesn't respond at all.

Just so I'm clear: there isn't any "sleep" time needed for the truck to recognize the door handles, correct? Seems that it shouldn't need that: the keyless go was instantly working once I got that installed, so I'm guessing that once the handle is connected, you're good to go on the passive entry too (it's enabled in the BCM already). I tested the handle before I installed it on the truck (and swapped around my wires to ensure I didn't have the color scheme messed up from the C2 connection). I did NOT test the wire/handle for the passenger side yet- but I'm about to go sit in the truck and give that a shot as the wire is still coiled in the kick panel for the passenger side.

The door handle verification test continues to show "Not OK" for all four doors (despite the driver side connection being made), so I hope there is just a cut in the wire around the B-Pillar where I split the tape to run the antenna wire up the pillar. My guess is that's the issue, but I'll test the passenger handle/wire to hopefully rule out the C2 connector.

Exactly why I’m gonna test mine before I close the door up. Also your exterior sensing antennas are connected and on the proper side? I see it’s giving the open short error so it’s likely a crossed or a clipped wire

vhmike73

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I got nothing. BOTH handles are installed now; but neither work, and the antennas come back as present in AlfaOBD. Still getting the ""Not OK" response when doing the handle verification test. I've also reset/replaced the hub a couple times (though not with both handles installed and connected).

Ugh. Sounds like I'll have to pull the back seat and double-check the C2 connector to ensure I got the door handle pins in the correct slots...and the correct orientation (signal/return colors are as I thought I'd set them). Swapping the bare connector on the ends of the signal wires with the pins on the handle didn't cure anything, so it's either a break or the pins are in incorrect positions on the C2 connector. I'm not going to be happy if there's a break somewhere in the wire, but that wouldn't surprise me since the gauge is so small. At least the handles are ON the truck now. One less "major task" to accomplish in the snow that's heading my way (unless I have to re-run new door handle wires). Sucks not having a garage.

Does anyone know of a de-pinning tool (a paperclip is too large to work IIRC) that I can use to get the pins out of the C2 connector?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have access to a multimeter?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would think you have a wire crossed up somewhere at the C2. Honestly, it is pretty easy to do. Had to swap a couple of my pins around after checking and rechecking. I used a cheap pick I picked up from Harbor Freight a while back. Filed down both sides to where it would slip into the slot to raise the connector lock. Just have to be careful as they're pretty delicate.

IMG-6180.JPG
IMG-6181.JPG

vhmike73

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just to clarify (since I'm obviously screwing something up): the stock wires on the door handles are red and black. I'm seeing this as Red=Return, Black=Sense correct? I'm basing this off the INLINE-DOOR FRONT LEFT/PEM JUMPER connector description diagram that Jimmy07 shared in the beginning of this thread.

The red wire (return) is in Pin 2 (the embossed digit on the back end of the stock connector), and the black wire (sense) is in Pin 1 as the wires come out of the back of the handle. I cut the stock connector off and used Amp MultiLock .40 pins/connectors to recreate the handle's female connector, and the male socket is what I attached to the wiring I ran from the C2 connector. In my case, the red/black pair are arranged the same way the stock connector showed: assuming the release clip is the 'top', then at the rear of the connector, I'm still showing Red in position 2, Black in position 1.

Am I missing something?

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Can you fail (unplug )one door antenna at a time and make sure the correct antenna shows the fault just to verify all your antennas are in the correct location ?
That’s where I would start my trouble shooting .
Then once that’s all done then you know for sure it’s the door handle wiring .
Also the passive entry is set on in the radio settings ?

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just to clarify (since I'm obviously screwing something up): the stock wires on the door handles are red and black. I'm seeing this as Red=Return, Black=Sense correct? I'm basing this off the INLINE-DOOR FRONT LEFT/PEM JUMPER connector description diagram that Jimmy07 shared in the beginning of this thread.

The red wire (return) is in Pin 2 (the embossed digit on the back end of the stock connector), and the black wire (sense) is in Pin 1 as the wires come out of the back of the handle. I cut the stock connector off and used Amp MultiLock .40 pins/connectors to recreate the handle's female connector, and the male socket is what I attached to the wiring I ran from the C2 connector. In my case, the red/black pair are arranged the same way the stock connector showed: assuming the release clip is the 'top', then at the rear of the connector, I'm still showing Red in position 2, Black in position 1.

Am I missing something?
I’m seeing black as the return on the handle- position 2. https://www.ramforum.com/threads/how-to-add-factory-keyless-enter-n-go.134961/page-5#post-1935320

vhmike73

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Can you fail (unplug )one door antenna at a time and make sure the correct antenna shows the fault just to verify all your antennas are in the correct location ?
That’s where I would start my trouble shooting .
Then once that’s all done then you know for sure it’s the door handle wiring .
Also the passive entry is set on in the radio settings ?

Passive Entry IS set (checked) in "Settings".

I unplugged the Passenger Passive Entry Antenna (Passive Entry Antenna 2), and once it was disconnected, I got a "B1A72" fault:
Passive Entry Antenna 2
Open circuit
Last test failed
Error present
Failure warning lamp 'ON': Not requested.
After I reconnected the antenna, I cleared the faults and the only ones that remain are the "B25A9" and "B25AA".

B25A9:
Front Driver Door Handle Sense
General electrical failure
Last test completed unsuccessfully
Error present
Failure warning lamp 'ON': Not requested

B25AA:
Front Passenger Door Handle Sense
Error present

Last edited:

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I got nothing. BOTH handles are installed now; but neither work, and the antennas come back as present in AlfaOBD. Still getting the ""Not OK" response when doing the handle verification test. I've also reset/replaced the hub a couple times (though not with both handles installed and connected).

Ugh. Sounds like I'll have to pull the back seat and double-check the C2 connector to ensure I got the door handle pins in the correct slots...and the correct orientation (signal/return colors are as I thought I'd set them). Swapping the bare connector on the ends of the signal wires with the pins on the handle didn't cure anything, so it's either a break or the pins are in incorrect positions on the C2 connector. I'm not going to be happy if there's a break somewhere in the wire, but that wouldn't surprise me since the gauge is so small. At least the handles are ON the truck now. One less "major task" to accomplish in the snow that's heading my way (unless I have to re-run new door handle wires). Sucks not having a garage.

Does anyone know of a de-pinning tool (a paperclip is too large to work IIRC) that I can use to get the pins out of the C2 connector?

I thought I had a bad handle and wasted a ton of time checking wires and redoing the pins. It turned out I had the antennas pinned to one location and installed in a different. Double check where you pinned them on the C2 vs where you installed them in the vehicle.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Passive Entry IS set (checked) in "Settings".

I unplugged the Passenger Passive Entry Antenna (Passive Entry Antenna 2), and once it was disconnected, I got a "B1A72" fault:
Passive Entry Antenna 2
Open circuit
Last test failed
Error present
Failure warning lamp 'ON': Not requested.
After I reconnected the antenna, I cleared the faults and the only ones that remain are the "B25A9" and "B25AA".

B25A9:
Front Driver Door Handle Sense
Error present

B25AA:
Front Passenger Door Handle Sense
Error present
Ok so that is a good start .Can you disconnect (fail ) the front Centre antenna ?
If that checks out good then seems like probably will have to ohm out wires at c2 connector/check they are in the correct cavities etc for the door handles ?

vhmike73

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I thought I had a bad handle and wasted a ton of time checking wires and redoing the pins. It turned out I had the antennas pinned to one location and installed in a different. Double check where you pinned them on the C2 vs where you installed them in the vehicle.

I would THINK that pinning the pass. door antenna correctly and disconnecting that antenna would give me the result I got...Antenna 2 is the passenger door antenna (called "door right rear" on the wiring diagram), and that's installed into the B-Pillar on the passenger side of the truck.

I also can't imagine that BOTH handles are inoperative (and I did try to connect the passenger handle to the driver side wiring when I was installing the driver side handle yesterday- with a negative result), so I have to assume A) miswired handle wiring at the C2 OR B) a break in the wires- but I would think BOTH sides having broken wires would be less likely.

I'll have to yank the back seats and check out the C2 connector for errors. That will be a project for next weekend, as weather will be a limiting factor the next few days, and my attempt at doing the "back seat mod" didn't work (didn't take enough off the hooks apparently).

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I honestly think you got your handle wires switched. All the number 2 positions on the antenna and door connectors are the return. The factory connector on the door handle has black as the return in pin number 2. You mentioned you used red as the return. At this point, if you’re all wired up and your doors are back together, I would opt to take the back seat out and switch the wires at the C2 connector.

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just to clarify, this is in the setting in Alfa, not the 8.4 screen.
Passive entry needs to be enabled in Alfa and you can also verify on the 8.4 that it is checked in settings / Doors and locks.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I edited my post to reflect where.

Hmm not in there, I checked this morning. I wonder if that’s part of the reset module. I never did that step as everything worked without. Haven’t worked on the handles yet.