How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vhmike73

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500 Laramie Limited
Engine
Hemi 6.4
What gauge wire did you end up using ?
I will crimp some on the gauge you used if possible and take a pic of it etc if it helps you

Skuppy069: if he's using the same wire that Jimmy07 linked to on Amazon, it's 24ga twisted pair.

I was having the same problem with the rear "support" crimp (which is supposed to grab the wire sheath) not crimping very well. Either it would bind more flat than round, or a handful of times it cut the whole pin off. I did cut off the rear parts of the pins and bent them to make more of a "U" shape, which helped. Now I have to wait out the cold; I can't pull the truck apart in single digits!

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Skuppy069: if he's using the same wire that Jimmy07 linked to on Amazon, it's 24ga twisted pair.

I was having the same problem with the rear "support" crimp (which is supposed to grab the wire sheath) not crimping very well. Either it would bind more flat than round, or a handful of times it cut the whole pin off. I did cut off the rear parts of the pins and bent them to make more of a "U" shape, which helped. Now I have to wait out the cold; I can't pull the truck apart in single digits!
I was using 20 awg and had to trim the tabs so I can only imagine on 24awg

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel

A lot crimped more flat than round around the wire sheath.

markatmjm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The remote starter kit didn’t come with a RF hub on my 17. The only thing that you pay for with remote start is the keys, the new hood latch and wiring that goes to hood latch.

How much was the remote start in your case?

markatmjm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You’re showing that you have a 2016. I’m NOT certain that a 2017-2018 hub will work in pre-2017 trucks, but it could be a possibility if you’re willing to take one for the team. I pondered that in this post
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/how-to-add-factory-keyless-enter-n-go.134961/page-4#post-1932825
As far as remote start, that’s a whole other subject. Start off setting yourself up by getting the fob I linked at amazon that already has the remote start button. Then you’re going to have to do some exploratory work on seeing exactly what wiring you have or don’t have for the hood latch sensor. Read through this thread and you will have a handle on identifying whether or not you have that wiring https://www.ramforum.com/threads/hood-latch-assy-for-the-remote-start-kit-wiring-question.133266/

Ok I read both threads.... great info.
Just to clarify if I get the 2017-2018 hub for my 2016 Ram 1500 ( I’m willing to be the Guinean Pig and do the test)
If my keyless and go can be programmed successfully with 17-18 RF Hub will I be able to ad the remote start as easy as the other members did with proper remotes and grounding the 11 pin for the hood latch and enabling it with AlfAObd or will not be possible to ad remote start?

kp4243

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How much was the remote start in your case?
I want to say it was just a little less than 200 but I don’t remember right off hand. I got the back up camera and it from the same dealer. If I can remember who it was I will let you know.

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Ok I read both threads.... great info.
Just to clarify if I get the 2017-2018 hub for my 2016 Ram 1500 ( I’m willing to be the Guinean Pig and do the test)
If my keyless and go can be programmed successfully with 17-18 RF Hub will I be able to ad the remote start as easy as the other members did with proper remotes and grounding the 11 pin for the hood latch and enabling it with AlfAObd or will not be possible to ad remote start?
If you go through with the keyless enter n go with the 2017-2018 hub, and it works, then you will be able to add remote start also. Just enable all the remote start settings while you’re enabling the keyless go and passive entry settings. You will already have the correct remote (assuming you get the one linked on amazon in the write up). The absolute easiest way to get remote start working is to throw one of these terminals https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/829-13627884-L?r=829-13627884-L in with your harness parts order. This is the terminal for pin 11 on that BCM connector. Crimp it on to a length of wire, insert it into the BCM connector pin 11 (if there’s a wire there, remove it), ground the new wire, and that’s it.

So in all, these are the settings you’ll enable before you start your install:

Keyless go present- yes

Passive entry present- yes

Fobik safe enable- yes

Passive entry CSM- yes

Remote start present- yes

CBC I/O hood ajar switch input present- yes

CBC I/O usage hood ajar switch usage- 500 ohm series and 500 ohm parallel resistors

Last edited:

markatmjm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you go through with the keyless enter n go with the 2017-2018 hub, and it works, then you will be able to add remote start also. Just enable all the remote start settings while you’re enabling the keyless go and passive entry settings. You will already have the correct remote (assuming you get the one linked on amazon in the write up). The absolute easiest way to get remote start working is to throw one of these terminals https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/829-13627884-L?r=829-13627884-L in with your harness parts order. This is the terminal for pin 11 on that BCM connector. Crimp it on to a length of wire, insert it into the BCM connector pin 11 (if there’s a wire there, remove it), ground the new wire, and that’s it.

So in all, these are the settings you’ll enable before you start your install:

Keyless go present- yes

Passive entry present- yes

Fobik safe enable- yes

Passive entry CSM- yes

Remote start present- yes

CBC I/O hood ajar switch input present- yes

CBC I/O usage hood ajar switch usage- 500 ohm series and 500 ohm parallel resistors

Sound good I will order all of the parts needed and the 17-18 RF hub and see if it will work.
In case it doesn’t work I will order 2016 RF Hub part number specified in the thread and then enable the same futures and ground the cable pin 11 and I will have remote start working as well?

Reactions: kad
OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Sound good I will order all of the parts needed and the 17-18 RF hub and see if it will work.
In case it doesn’t work I will order 2016 RF Hub part number specified in the thread and then enable the same futures and ground the cable pin 11 and I will have remote start working as well?
For a 2016 hub, you would also need the remote start antenna that plugs into the hub.

sawz

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great information! Thank you for taking the effort to figure this out and provide the information to the group.

One quick question: Do you have the pin part numbers for the door connector? I'd like to pin it through the connector if possible instead of running the wires through it.

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Great information! Thank you for taking the effort to figure this out and provide the information to the group.

One quick question: Do you have the pin part numbers for the door connector? I'd like to pin it through the connector if possible instead of running the wires through it.
The reason I abandoned this idea is because there are two separate connectors for the wires going from the cab to the front doors. The connector for the driver side is there, and has enough available positions to pin, but the passenger side connector is not present because the only two wires it carries is the door handle sensor wires. I could find the terminals to buy for both halves of that connector, but I couldn’t find the connector halves to install on the passenger side in stock anywhere. The other connector on the passenger side doesn’t have enough open slots for the four wires. Here’s the part numbers in case you’re able to source everything:

Yazaki 7116-4110-02 is the body side terminals

7114-4110-02 is the door side terminals

Yazaki 7283-6468-60 is the body side connector

Yazaki 7282-6468-60 is the mating door side connector

Positions 2, 4, 11, and 12 should be empty on the driver side.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I attempt to install the handles I am going to try and see if there is room for the antenna behind the lower B pillar cover. Makes it a lot easier to wire and the antenna will end up in about the same location as factory so there should (hopefully) be no range issues.

Ive had the pillar cover off before but I didnt take pics so Im not sure there is enough room, but I figure its worth a look.

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I wouldn’t think so? Here’s a visual representation.. Edit: Actaully, the passenger front looks like it could be placed on the driver rear and driver front on passenger rear but you would have the cylinder on the passenger rear.

23e600d135c31ec4314584943bf4b613.jpg
d076d6b5ba87298e6a5fdbb94550f45d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is this a severe optical illusion, or are your handles not all the same size?
Both front and rear passenger side handles are oriented the same with the metal piece that accepts the rod in the same spot. The only way I can think to get a front passenger passive entry handle on the rear driver door is to remove that metal piece that accepts the rod from the existing rear driver door handle and install it in the correct spot on the new one. wZwnzD5.jpg

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The pics on AuthTech's website also make the rear handles look smaller, but I wasnt sure if that was just them with a bad pic or if they were actually smaller.

And Im still curious what handles they actually sell, since it doesnt seem like the RAM was ever available with rear handles that have the small lock button built in.

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is this a severe optical illusion, or are your handles not all the same size?
Both front and rear passenger side handles are oriented the same with the metal piece that accepts the rod in the same spot. The only way I can think to get a front passenger passive entry handle on the rear driver door is to remove that metal piece that accepts the rod from the existing rear driver door handle and install it in the correct spot on the new one. wZwnzD5.jpg

It’s just an optical illusion. Here is a pic of the passenger front and driver rear. I’m not sure anything would have to be done? They look identical other than the passenger front having passive entry.

8ec1b7d0090a6213136f4ed03e3be8df.jpg

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
a5ae1b636b6504910ceab365da886c46.jpg01a27fded71a7a7a5d0e49f27db34fcc.jpg

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just sent AutoTech and email asking what handles they are providing for the rear.

The image they have shows no keyhole on either rear handle, it does show the lock/unlock button and they do look shorter than the fronts. Very curious if they are using a different model vehicle for the rear handles.

upload_2019-2-1_10-35-46.png

kp4243

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So if you are doing 4 doors. I take it that you can swap the chrome part out of a passive entry handle onto the drivers rear existing handle to get rid of the keyhole??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam