How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also, would there by any reason I could not get 2 key gobs programmed to work? I can get 2 for the price of 1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Yes you can program two fobs. From what I have read you can program up to eight fobs to each RF hub but not sure if that's true.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

sawz

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would recommend converting to factory remote start while you are doing the push to start. That would help down the road with resale in my opinion. I used the 2018 RF hub which has the remote start antenna built in, only a couple more things and you would have factory remote start.

Last edited:

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just an update on the 2016 we just added push button start too that has no message on the screen plus fobik safe doesn't work. Come to find out he wasn't on the newest software version but actually on the one prior which has worked fine for others. I had him update the app and re install the Keyless Go and Fobik safe enable and he got the same result, neither worked. I then had him remove the codes and the re add them with no change. I then had him do a reset and replace on his RF hub which worked fine but made no change. I have had him go in two more times and check both codes and it shows they are both set. At this point I can't think of anything else to try. We have added several codes to this truck in the past with no issues. The only thing that is strange is it doesn't say procedure complete when he initially enables the codes but I have had this happen several times in the past and the codes enabled fine. Not really sure what's going on at this point.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes you can program two fobs. From what I have read you can program up to eight fobs to each RF hub but not sure if that's true.

I can confirm that you can have at least 6 programmed. Only have that many from messing around with aftermarket fobs lol

—2018 Ram 1500—

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would recommend converting to factory remote start while you are doing the push to start. That would help down the road with resale in my opinion. I used the 2018 RF hub which has the remote start antenna built in, only a couple more things and you would have factory remote start.
I've already invested too much in my Directed solution, and at this point it works very well and also have SmartStart so I can also start it with my phone.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just an update on the 2016 we just added push button start too that has no message on the screen plus fobik safe doesn't work. Come to find out he wasn't on the newest software version but actually on the one prior which has worked fine for others. I had him update the app and re install the Keyless Go and Fobik safe enable and he got the same result, neither worked. I then had him remove the codes and the re add them with no change. I then had him do a reset and replace on his RF hub which worked fine but made no change. I have had him go in two more times and check both codes and it shows they are both set. At this point I can't think of anything else to try. We have added several codes to this truck in the past with no issues. The only thing that is strange is it doesn't say procedure complete when he initially enables the codes but I have had this happen several times in the past and the codes enabled fine. Not really sure what's going on at this point.

I just ordered everything except for new door handles. Hopefully it'll go smoothly for me.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just ordered everything except for new door handles. Hopefully it'll go smoothly for me.

It's the first time we have had this happen. We have done a few of them in past few weeks and the codes went in with no problem.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ordered everything I need for just the keyless go. No passive entry yet. Has anyone tried to use their original Fobs. (TIP key) after installing the keyless go just to lock and unlock their trucks? If so do they still work. I would assume that they still should work

—2018 Ram 1500—

STecoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
Engine
3.0L Diesel
Ordered everything I need for just the keyless go. No passive entry yet. Has anyone tried to use their original Fobs. (TIP key) after installing the keyless go just to lock and unlock their trucks? If so do they still work. I would assume that they still should work

—2018 Ram 1500—

Uses a different RF hub which is where those keys would be stored. So you will lose them for the new hub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Everywhere I look online the RF hub says it won’t fit my 2018. Have you done a 2018 truck yet with a 17 RF Hub?

Also @Mpgrimm2 could you possible verify your RF hub PN on your truck. So I have an idea of where to go from there

—2018 Ram 1500—

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Everywhere I look online the RF hub says it won’t fit my 2018. Have you done a 2018 truck yet with a 17 RF Hub?

Also @Mpgrimm2 could you possible verify your RF hub PN on your truck. So I have an idea of where to go from there

—2018 Ram 1500—
I'll connect to it later today/this evening and see if AlfaOBD will give me the PN. Haven't done so before ... Where will it be listed?

M² Mods.

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

—2018 Ram 1500—
This is the part number skuppy069 used on his 2018-
68363199AC
The one listed for a 2017 will also work.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Parts all arrived from AMP. Should have wiring/harness early next week - so the project will commence... Ugh the teardown...the horror lol.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Parts all arrived from AMP. Should have wiring/harness early next week - so the project will commence... Ugh the teardown...the horror lol.

Its not horrible. The worst part for the "Go" part is the back seat, but once that was out I was able to fish a wire up the center of the truck to under the jumpseat/console for the front antenna. The rear antenna mounts right to the back wall, the left and right antennae I mounted in the b-pillar "divots" a little above the top of where the lower trim panel goes.

The door handle for the "Enter" part isnt too bad, I ended up cutting the lead wires by accident (pulled to hard on the wire fish I was using), but that kinda turned out OK....I had enough wire to just make it through the grommet into the door panel area, then I pulled the carrier panel off, replaced the handle and ran a separate length of wire over to the grommet area. Used Posi-taps to connect them, now I can always easily disconnect if need be.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's not to bad once you get into it. The back door antennas are easy to install and it's extremely easy to run your harness to the back doors. You just mount them in the factory location run the wiring and your done. I know your harness is set up to be pinned at the back doors because it was made like we made ours. The fronts are a little harder to run the wiring mainly because it's tougher to get the wiring up to the actual harness to run into the door. Once you get that done it's not to bad from there. Just disconnect the window and tape it in the up position. Remove all the inner door panel bolts including the door latch. Disconnect the door handle rods and pull it out of your way. You will have tons of room after you get it out of the way to install and wire your handles.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FYI - be careful with the stupid plastic retainer clips for the door lock rods (specifically the one going from the lock cylinder to the latch). You cant easily get them separately, they will take 3-5 days at least to show up. They are cheap but if you break one of them, you could potentially end up locked out of the truck from the driver side.

I went to 3 parts stores and couldn't find a "just right" replacement, used a universal that was close enough.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
This is the part number skuppy069 used on his 2018-
68363199AC
The one listed for a 2017 will also work.

—2018 Ram 1500—

My 18 Laramie 1500 RF Hub PN:
68363199AB

M² Mods.