How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well my old neighbor just texted me back. He doesn't work there anymore so that option is out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
To be honest, I'm not sure if it would've worked anyway. I think I'm going to try as @Jimmy07 did and put the old hub back in place and revert everything back. Then I'm going to add it all back in place without the keyless go BCM setting to see if the park correction functions since jimmy's functioned properly after going back. Just trying to narrow it further.

I also sent Alexey an email, so hopefully we'll hear something back soon. Who knows, maybe he'll have a solution before I have a chance to do anything.

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just an FYI, I actually read my manual:

"If the gear selector is not in PARK, the ENGINE START/ STOP button must be held for two seconds or three short pushes in a row with the vehicle speed above 5 mph (8 km/h) before the engine will shut off. The ignition switch position will remain in the ACC position until the gear selector is in PARK and the button is pushed twice to the OFF position. If the gear selector is not in PARK and the ENGINE START/STOP button is pushed once, the instrument cluster will display a “Vehicle Not In Park” message and the engine will remain running. Never leave a vehicle out of the PARK position, or it could roll."

Its actually working AS DESIGNED, technically.

The question is why some dont act that way and some do.
To me, that is just crazy to think it is functioning properly, talk about a major safety concern. And yes, for some to work the way it should and others not doesn't make sense. Did we ever figure out if the ones that function correctly (or the way it should) had the auto park campaign performed?

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
@Jimmy07 If you haven't, can you try reinstalling everything without adding the keyless go setting and see if the push button works?
I did. Once the keyless go hub is installed, it’ll start. The only thing enabling keyless go seems to do, is add the “press brake + start button” message to the EVIC. The truck would still not shut off in gear when keyless go is not enabled with the new hub reinstalled.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did. Once the keyless go hub is installed, it’ll start. The only thing enabling keyless go seems to do, is add the “press brake + start button” message to the EVIC. The truck would still not shut off in gear when keyless go is not enabled with the new hub reinstalled.
This is good. We are narrowing it down.

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great news! Thank you sir. I was just chatting with @mjf6175 in PM and he stated the kit does not require any codes to be added that he added the FOBIK Safe and screen for push to start after everything was working.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins

Yes.....when I first installed the basic keyless go kit there was no screen message. It wasn't until later that I made the changes to the BCM to get the messages. You also must make the FOBIK SAFE change to the BCM first then do a re-set of the RFH hub.

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just an FYI, I actually read my manual:

"If the gear selector is not in PARK, the ENGINE START/ STOP button must be held for two seconds or three short pushes in a row with the vehicle speed above 5 mph (8 km/h) before the engine will shut off. The ignition switch position will remain in the ACC position until the gear selector is in PARK and the button is pushed twice to the OFF position. If the gear selector is not in PARK and the ENGINE START/STOP button is pushed once, the instrument cluster will display a “Vehicle Not In Park” message and the engine will remain running. Never leave a vehicle out of the PARK position, or it could roll."

Its actually working AS DESIGNED, technically.

The question is why some dont act that way and some do.
Well, mine is apparently working as designed according to the manual. I originally misread ABOVE 5mph as BELOW 5mph. Just went for a drive above 5, and it shut off.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, mine is apparently working as designed according to the manual. I originally misread ABOVE 5mph as BELOW 5mph. Just went for a drive above 5, and it shut off.
Great minds... I just did the exact same thing because i misread it the exact same way as you. And yes, after getting to higher than 5mph I press and hold and the engine shuts down.

Truck auto parks itself when it gets to the correct speed threshold to do so.

Mine does not kill the engine like mike g did with the truck just idling, but there is clearly a way to shut it down at speed. I did not attempt to restart it while coasting.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Also, just checked our 2019 Jeep Cherokee. It has auto park. Same behavior- when sitting in gear not moving with foot on brake, the engine will not shut off. Open the door to exit, it auto parks. Drive above 5mph and hold button, it shuts off.

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unfortunately I don’t .
Sorry guys .
I see you have a 2018, but what trim level? Do you know what the dealer actually turned on, and what did you turn via Alfa if anything?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think we are missing the big picture here. I don't think our trucks are working correctly when they are in park and we push the button. I can't see any reason why the non push button start trucks would turn themselves off and put themselves in park but the push button start trucks do not. I tried everything I could to get my truck to shut off in gear while parked in my driveway and it would not turn off. This cannot be normal. It is good that they seem to act normally when you try to shut them off while l driving but the park safe feature is not working. I'm pretty sure they were equipped with it whether or not they had a key start or a push button start just like Mike G's truck does now. I have a friend with a 14 longhorn I'm going to call him and see what his does. I will find out if hes already had the recall done.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I think we are missing the big picture here. I don't think our trucks are working correctly when they are in park and we push the button. I can't see any reason why the non push button start trucks would turn themselves off and put themselves in park but the push button start trucks do not. I tried everything a good to get my truck to shut off in gear while parked in my driveway and it would not turn off. This cannot be normal. It is good that they seem to act normally when you try to shut them off while l driving but the park safe feature is not working. I'm oretty sure they were equipped with it whether or not they had a key start or a push button start just like Mike G's truck does now. I have a friend with a 14 longhorn I'm going to call him and see what his does. I will find out if hes already had the recall done.

Yeah, I think we’re all starting to talk past each other. So, just to re-clarify the expectation- are you thinking that, with the truck in drive, foot on brake, and truck not moving, we should be able to push the start button, and the engine should shut off?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok I got a hold of my friend with the 14 Laramie Longhorn. He said he's pretty sure it does NOT shut itself off in park if he pushes the button. He said he thinks it acts like ours. This means as chrisbh17 has speculated the trucks are working as designed with the push button start. It honestly makes no sense to me that the push button trucks were not equipped with the same safety features as the regular trucks but apparently they weren't. I'm not a 100% on this but he said he's pretty sure that's what his does. I think the push button trucks we have been referring too that do put themselves in park are newer trucks that have have the auto park upgrade?

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, I think we’re all starting to talk past each other. So, just to re-clarify the expectation- are you thinking that, with the truck in drive, foot on brake, and truck not moving, we should be able to push the start button, and the engine should shut off?
Correct. Before push button start and only tip start was there, the truck would shut off and the shifter would correct itself by going into park from any gear.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mikeg truck is a 2018. AFAIK no auto park recall for his, it came with it all correct from the factory. Plus we know the 2018 software is different for sure because of the security additions.

I have no issue with the truck not shutting off under 5 mph. My only worry was being able to shut it off at speed if necessary. It is doing what it "should" per the manual, even if we don't like it.

I will be trying this on my other vehicles, they are both push to start but not electronic trans so they will never auto park. Non FCA though (Infiniti and Lexus)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have not taken my truck in for the recall because I actually do not want it throwing itself in park if I open the door. Reflecting back on it I don't think I've ever backed my truck up with the door open anyway so I'm considering taking my truck in to have the recall done and see if it corrects the truck not going into park with a push button start. I'm not as much worried about when I drive the truck because I'm used to it but I know if my wife or one of my daughters happens to drive my truck they could easily forget to put it in park because they're not used to the rotary shifter. I don't want them getting ready to step out of the truck thinking it's been turned off and it takes off on them.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It seems like, even without AutoPark, the truck should at least shut down when at 5 mph and above. It will not automatically put it in park, though (manual says that too) unless AutoPark is there.

I would expect nothing different from any other push to start vehicle that does not have an electronic transmission. And that seems perfectly safe in those cases, so I dont see an issue with it in ours, either.

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Here’s a 2014 owners manual- gZfO6tf.jpg

Here’s a 2018 owners manual- oTpdF5q.jpg

Starting to look more and more like it IS a function of the auto park recall.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It seems like, even without AutoPark, the truck should at least shut down when at 5 mph and above. It will not automatically put it in park, though (manual says that too) unless AutoPark is there.

I would expect nothing different from any other push to start vehicle that does not have an electronic transmission. And that seems perfectly safe in those cases, so I dont see an issue with it in ours, either.
I understand your point but I do feel it's a safety issue if the push button truck won't turn off if you forget to put it in park. I myself have forgot to put my truck in park when I first got it. Granted I rarely forget now and if I did I would notice after I pushed the button. My point is if someone who is not familiar with the push button start plus the rotary shifter drove the truck and forgot to put the truck in park and then pushed the button and then tried to exit the vehicle while it was still running when they thought it wasn't. I feel the button should at least turn off the vehicle when you push it and the truck is not moving no matter what the gear selector is set at. I am not sure why the rotary shifter seems to make people forget to put vehicles in park but for whatever reason it does. I actually liked the fact that my truck would shut off and put itself in park if for whatever reason myself or more importantly someone else driving my truck forgot.