How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So if you are doing 4 doors. I take it that you can swap the chrome part out of a passive entry handle onto the drivers rear existing handle to get rid of the keyhole??

Watched a video on this the other night. It is possible to remove the chrome cap but you have to drill the back area in two spots to remove a couple screws. Or drill the pressed in pin and remove tensioner spring. Then replace with a small screw and nut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit: @kp4243 I found it but it wasn't a video. It was a forum post I stumbled across at the other place. I'll PM you a link if you are wanting to try that method.

Last edited:

markatmjm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It shows you how to separate chrome handle from the base

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So you would essentially need 3 front passenger handles to take the chrome plastic piece off 2 of them (with prox button) and put them on the rear handles.

I wonder if a company like Dorman sells just replacement chrome parts with the button already in them.

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From the looks of it I think you would only have to take one of them apart as I think the passenger side front will work on the drivers side rear.

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From the looks of it I think you would only have to take one of them apart as I think the passenger side front will work on the drivers side rear.

Ghost .... could you by chance take jimmy's initial posting and once again post his instructions as a pinned thread no comments. This thread has already gotten to how the other one was as well. Ppl asking questions that are already detailed in jimmy's instructions at the top. Just keep this thread for continuing refinement and such and then jimmy or yourself can just update the pinned thread. [emoji2371]

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ghost .... could you by chance take jimmy's initial posting and once again post his instructions as a pinned thread no comments. This thread has already gotten to how the other one was as well. Ppl asking questions that are already detailed in jimmy's instructions at the top. Just keep this thread for continuing refinement and such and then jimmy or yourself can just update the pinned thread. [emoji2371]

I linked his thread to the AlfaOBD thread in the index of how tos but I'm not able to modify anything with his thread here. That would have to come from one of the moderators.

Edit: Also, I have nothing to do with this one at all. This is all him and others who have ventured on to make this work. I'm trying to figure out how to make this work for me in my truck. One of the confused ones! lol

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I linked his thread to the AlfaOBD thread in the index of how tos but I'm not able to modify anything with his thread here. That would have to come from one of the moderators.

Edit: Also, I have nothing to do with this one at all. This is all him and others who have ventured on to make this work. I'm trying to figure out how to make this work for me in my truck. One of the confused ones! lol

Ha ha. Ok I thought you were a moderator. Yeah I'm piecing this one together myself.

vhmike73

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500 Laramie Limited
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Well I got my parts...er, MOST of them: door handles, 68245484AD RF Hub, and the four antennae. Problem is, they left the "6CK46DX9AC: Power Switch Ignition" on a shelf or something- it wasn't in the shipping box. :(:mad: :doh2:

I guess I'll have no chance to do the swap until Presidents Day weekend now; incomplete parts this weekend, next weekend is Drill. Hopefully the little warm-up we'll be getting sticks around.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Waiting on my order from @AllMoparParts.com , hasnt moved yet for some reason.

For now I just ordered the stuff to add the "'N Go" part. Didnt want to put up the $$$ for the handles just yet.

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel

For now I just ordered the stuff to add the "'N Go" part. Didnt want to put up the $$$ for the handles just yet.

Mine sat in processing for a few days before it went out. Just about a week total in processing and shipping from NJ to FL.

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have everything sitting in 3 separate carts right now. Still need to locate my RF hub that I would need. For whatever reason neither of my Alfa platforms are working right now (already emailed dev) so I cannot check the hub I currently have installed. It's just the remote start I put in last year and after looking for the past couple hours at this, there are a lot of variations.

The only thing I have not sourced were the Nexus handle connectors. Anyone order the quantity of 10 with pins that would like to part with some, let me know. Otherwise, I have a few different style connectors I can use already. @kp4243 or anyone else reading.

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Have everything sitting in 3 separate carts right now. Still need to locate my RF hub that I would need. For whatever reason neither of my Alfa platforms are working right now (already emailed dev) so I cannot check the hub I currently have installed. It's just the remote start I put in last year and after looking for the past couple hours at this, there are a lot of variations.

The only thing I have not sourced were the Nexus handle connectors. Anyone order the quantity of 10 with pins that would like to part with some, let me know. Otherwise, I have a few different style connectors I can use already. @kp4243 or anyone else reading.

I should still have some. I can check when I get back home early next week.

sawz

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
well, I have all items on order. I have a 2015 QC and ordered the 2018 RF hub. I'll give it a shot once it warms up enough to work outside!

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

My last order with them (last week) sat for 5 days before any activity, which is far longer than any previous orders. I'm wondering if the cold in the midwest is delaying parts shipments to them (they are in NY) and of course that delay gets passed down to us.

-K

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not a huge deal, its so cold here (CT) that Im not interested in working on it anyway lol

But it is funny they are in NY (or NJ?) so it shouldnt really take long to get to me once they have the parts.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
I bought a couple extra connectors and pins from mouser in case people are having problems crimping etc .
I can crimp the pins in the c2 connector etc and leave like a 12 inch pigtail etc .I can do the same for the door antenna connector as well .
I didn’t buy the nexus connectors yet .
I won’t get them until next week or so .
Then you can just solder your harness etc to the connector ends .
It does create a few more connections in your harness but if soldered and heat shrinked should not be a problem.
I ordered like enough stuff for like 3 harness etc excluding the nexus door handle stuff

The parts cost me 120 dollars Canadian shipped To me.
So like 40 bucks If split in 3
I’m not here to make a buck just want to help others like others have helped me .
I have a very busy work and family schedule like most .

Last edited:

vhmike73

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500 Laramie Limited
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Not a huge deal, its so cold here (CT) that Im not interested in working on it anyway lol

But it is funny they are in NY (or NJ?) so it shouldnt really take long to get to me once they have the parts.

They're in NY- on Long Island (Nassau County). That cost ME extra: I got to pay NY sales tax since I'm also a NY resident! But shipping should be pretty quick to CT; I'm up by Albany, and had most of my stuff a week later (ordered 25JAN, received 1FEB), to include the body-colored door handles (Flame Red). I wonder if the handle color is the holdup? Or like KAB mentioned, if stuff is coming from the central part of the country, the weather was surely affecting shipping (flights being cancelled, delivery services suspended, etc). I think my order was just ahead of the Polar Vortex rolling in.