How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Got everything installed. FOB programmed and truck starting. However, none of my antennas are showing and detecting the FOB in the truck. Passive 1 is showing an open short, so I have some troubleshooting to do. Ran out of time and daylight. I'm pretty certain it has to do with the C2 plug. Getting the pins in was a project, the ends were crimped too wide and did not slide and lock in very well into the connector. I have another C2, so I am going to replace the pins and ensure better connectivity. Unfortunately that won't be until next week.

kp4243

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The remote starter kit didn’t come with a RF hub on my 17. The only thing that you pay for with remote start is the keys, the new hood latch and wiring that goes to hood latch.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Got everything installed. FOB programmed and truck starting. However, none of my antennas are showing and detecting the FOB in the truck. Passive 1 is showing an open short, so I have some troubleshooting to do. Ran out of time and daylight. I'm pretty certain it has to do with the C2 plug. Getting the pins in was a project, the ends were crimped too wide and did not slide and lock in very well into the connector. I have another C2, so I am going to replace the pins and ensure better connectivity. Unfortunately that won't be until next week.
Trim the tabs on the pins you are going to crimp so that it wraps nicely around the wire .
When using that small gauge wire it will make it uneven and have it not be a nice round crimp

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Get a pair of small side cutters and trim off the excesss .
Do a couple practices first to get the right length of the crimping tabs

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If I get 17-18 Rf hub module that has remote start already in it. Can I ad remote starter easier with out spending $$$ 250 at the dealer for the kit or it doesn’t make a difference?
You’re showing that you have a 2016. I’m NOT certain that a 2017-2018 hub will work in pre-2017 trucks, but it could be a possibility if you’re willing to take one for the team. I pondered that in this post
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/how-to-add-factory-keyless-enter-n-go.134961/page-4#post-1932825
As far as remote start, that’s a whole other subject. Start off setting yourself up by getting the fob I linked at amazon that already has the remote start button. Then you’re going to have to do some exploratory work on seeing exactly what wiring you have or don’t have for the hood latch sensor. Read through this thread and you will have a handle on identifying whether or not you have that wiring https://www.ramforum.com/threads/hood-latch-assy-for-the-remote-start-kit-wiring-question.133266/

markatmjm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My other question is If I have 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 with keyless entry ( remote with lock and unlock button) I think all of them come this way . There is no more key only open the door option ( Stone Age...haha)
Do I need the Rf hub? Or I do have one since I have keyless entry remotes?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You have an RF hub, but if you want Keyless Enter 'N Go, or even just the "Go" part, you need a *different* RF hub. The RF hub for standard keyless entry is not compatible with the keyfobs used for proximity entry and/or pushbutton start.

The difference with 2016 and older is that the factory RF hub did NOT have an integrated antenna. 2017+ do.

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Starting to follow a little more closely. Just picked up a set of handles from an ‘18 for pretty cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Starting to follow a little more closely. Just picked up a set of handles from an ‘18 for pretty cheap.

Prox handles?

Where did you find those?

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

From junk yard ... how much

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From junk yard ... how much

FB, set of 4 for $150. Wrong color but I'll correct that. Pearl white, mine is bright white.

2dbc6f63f87a064b11e6acef20ca55a3.jpg

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice!

All the FB marketplace stuff around here is junk and/or overpriced.

EDIT: my parents are in VA, I should look on their Facebook :)

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice!

All the FB marketplace stuff around here is junk and/or overpriced.
Agreed. I've been looking for a regular set now for almost a year and just happened to come across a post for someone selling a set of black/chrome ones but missed out on those. Then someone else chimed in and said they had a couple sets. I snatched his pearl white ones quickly!

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Something I’m unsure of that I was asked...does anybody know if one were to add the rear door handles keyless entry, how is the rear driver door handle being done? Is a passenger handle able to be flipped over and installed on the driver side?

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Something I’m unsure of that I was asked...does anybody know if one were to add the rear door handles keyless entry, how is the rear driver door handle being done? Is a passenger handle able to be flipped over and installed on the driver side?

I wouldn’t think so? Here’s a visual representation.. Edit: Actaully, the passenger front looks like it could be placed on the driver rear and driver front on passenger rear but you would have the cylinder on the passenger rear.

23e600d135c31ec4314584943bf4b613.jpg
d076d6b5ba87298e6a5fdbb94550f45d.jpg

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah Im not sure how that will work. AutoTech shows 2 "rear door handles" both with the button and without any key hole but Im not sure where they get them from or what.

I dont see a part listed for handles with prox and without key cylinder.

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I’m just not sure, since the driver side proximity handle is only available with a hole for a key.