How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
sounds good

I figure if I'm gonna run wires for passive entry, then 2 extra for the antenna should be ok
disappointed that most of this stuff isn't in there already.

The ironic thing is that if we bought a truck that could get it (Laramie, Limited, etc) the Keyless Enter N Go option was only $195 from the factory!

HTXRamExp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed my antennas in the rear door because I was adding dynamat, speakers, and door handles. Was already in there, so might as well. Plus there was more room/easier for me to fish wires in the rear than the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JRosey56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When making the c2 wire harness, which way does the c2 connector face to find 1 and 20? I can't tell from the picture.

Is 1 the upper left corner from the side view of where the wires go through? Or is it the upper left corner from the view of plug that goes into the module?

Thank you

k_gomez17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
When making the c2 wire harness, which way does the c2 connector face to find 1 and 20? I can't tell from the picture.

Is 1 the upper left corner from the side view of where the wires go through? Or is it the upper left corner from the view of plug that goes into the module?

Thank you

The picture is the view of it going to the module

Steven Granger

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The ironic thing is that if we bought a truck that could get it (Laramie, Limited, etc) the Keyless Enter N Go option was only $195 from the factory!
I asked the dealer here about installing it, at first the service guy said can't be done!
when I persisted, took him a couple days but he came back with a quote of just over $6000 CAD.
****** stealership lol

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
I asked the dealer here about installing it, at first the service guy said can't be done!
when I persisted, took him a couple days but he came back with a quote of just over $6000 CAD.
****** stealership lol
I’m in your neck of the woods
I could help if you need it etc
Cheers

Steven Granger

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m in your neck of the woods
I could help if you need it etc
Cheers

I appreciate that! I ordered everything couple days ago, so it'll be a bit lol.
I honestly am hoping it gets colder, I haul propane and its slow as hell right now.

if I run into issues ill let ya know thanks

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
I appreciate that! I ordered everything couple days ago, so it'll be a bit lol.
I honestly am hoping it gets colder, I haul propane and its slow as hell right now.

if I run into issues ill let ya know thanks
No problem buddy . I’m call this week for HVAC so it can get cold next week lol

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
****** stealership lol

Thats the "we dont really want to even try it but if you are dumb enough to give us $6K, we will" price

:)

TBH the only thing that really makes it expensive compared to the factory option price is the door handle(s). I actually only bought and installed one, because Im usually the lone occupant of my truck, so dont really need to prox entry from the passenger side very much. If I ever find a good deal on a passenger side handle, Ill buy it, but no rush.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats the "we dont really want to even try it but if you are dumb enough to give us $6K, we will" price

:)

TBH the only thing that really makes it expensive compared to the factory option price is the door handle(s). I actually only bought and installed one, because Im usually the lone occupant of my truck, so dont really need to prox entry from the passenger side very much. If I ever find a good deal on a passenger side handle, Ill buy it, but no rush.

I had to buy 4 new handles because my Express had black plastic ones. Would have stuck out like a sore thumb if only my front handle was painted!

JRosey56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you. Found it!

So I have one issue. The old rf module has a pink plug on the bottom right of the module. My new one doesn't have that same plug.

Is that a problem. What is that pink wire for?

@skuppy069 @Jimmy07 @DoughRat19

16116026881206255901627201376091.jpg

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you. Found it!

So I have one issue. The old rf module has a pink plug on the bottom right of the module. My new one doesn't have that same plug.

Is that a problem. What is that pink wire for?

@skuppy069 @Jimmy07 @DoughRat19

View attachment 235198
The pink connector is for an external antenna. The new hub should have the antenna built in so you don't need to connect the external anymore.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have....works mostly OK. The range itself I think is fine, but if my keyfob is in the same pocket as my phone, the range is greatly reduced. I *think* it has something to do with NFC on my phone. If not with my phone, the range is long enough for me to be arm outstretched to the button and it still works.

But in the back of my head I wonder if it would be better with the antenna in the stock position (back door), like if its just strong enough to overcome the NFC from my phone if thats where my keyfob is. Someday I might move them but for now they work perfectly fine as long as I dont use the same pocket as phone and didnt involve a ton of work fishing wires.

@chrisbh17, just an FYI, I tested my range in my CC with the antenna in the stock location. For reference, I’m 6,2”. I’m able to get as far away from the handle as I can with still being able to reach it and it unlocks. I actually got about 4 to 5 feet away and had someone else touch the door handle and it still opened. Anything farther than that and it doesn’t register the fob.

Last edited:

JRosey56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I got everything installed. Keyless go works great however the passive entry won't work.

Only code that keeps coming up is front driver door handle sense; general electrical failure.

Any ideas of what's wrong. The passenger door doesn't work either but no code for that.

I also double checked and made sure all the settings were turned on.

Appreciate everyone's help!

@DoughRat19 @Jimmy07 @skuppy069

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat