How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So it never told you the fob finished programming? You could have a problem. Might need a new fob.

Mike-D

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I unplugged the hub and plugged it back in and the fob was no longer programmed to the hub. I tried to reprogram the fob but it hung again even though the lock and unlock worked. I think it's either the fob or my cheap Chinese obd scanner. I'll start with another fob from amazon.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
I unplugged the hub and plugged it back in and the fob was no longer programmed to the hub. I tried to reprogram the fob but it hung again even though the lock and unlock worked. I think it's either the fob or my cheap Chinese obd scanner. I'll start with another fob from amazon.
If the lock and unlock worked then it means it’s still programmed to the hub .
Did you delete the fob with alpha when connected to the rf hub ?

Mike-D

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If the lock and unlock worked then it means it’s still programmed to the hub .
Did you delete the fob with alpha when connected to the rf hub ?

Nope, Just unplugged the hub and plugged it back in. Fob no longer worked so I tried to pair again. Same thing. Fob pair hangs but lock/unlock works but when trying to run the reset hub process it says fob not inside truck.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Like skuppy said, you have to delete it in alfa then try to program it again.

JRosey56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are RF modules vin locked? I found a good deal on a used take off vehicle, however I wasn't sure if it will work on other vehicles with or without extra cost.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nope, Just unplugged the hub and plugged it back in. Fob no longer worked so I tried to pair again. Same thing. Fob pair hangs but lock/unlock works but when trying to run the reset hub process it says fob not inside truck.
It could easily be a problem with the scanner too.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Mike-D

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Like skuppy said, you have to delete it in alfa then try to program it again.
Select erase fobik? That option scares me. I don't want to erase my working keyed fob. I want a second remote anyways as a backup.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Select erase fobik? That option scares me. I don't want to erase my working keyed fob. I want a second remote anyways as a backup.

someone can correct me if I’m wrong but your original remote will not work with the new RF Hub. I haven’t done the erase procedure but I assume you have to let it know what fob you want to erase by pushing the unlock button on it or something. Similar to how you tell it which one you want to program.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
someone can correct me if I’m wrong but your original remote will not work with the new RF Hub. I haven’t done the erase procedure but I assume you have to let it know what fob you want to erase by pushing the unlock button on it or something. Similar to how you tell it which one you want to program.
Correct his existing fob would be linked to his old rf hub .
The key that needs to be deleted then reprogrammed would be linked to the new rf hub
It might very well be the adapter like Ricks Ram said .
Worth a try regardless as if the key is not working now might as well try

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Just go and say erase all fobiks when the new rf hub is placed back in the truck as well as the push to start button etc .
Then reprogram keys etc

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Question for anyone who has done the install on a regular cab. Do they all only have one half of the green connector on the drivers side door? I just did an install this past weekend and had to get creative because only the door side green connector was present, there was no body side half. And just like the QC and CC, there was no green connector at all on the passenger side. And unfortunately, there wasn’t 4 open positions on the either grey connector that I could use to pin my door handle and antenna wiring through.

without being able to source the correct green connectors, I may have found a solution to this but I just wanted to check if this is the norm on RC’s. If so I’m gonna order the parts and include them with my harnesses.

Steven Granger

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock
Engine
Hemi 5.7
wondering if anyone has tried the B pillar placement idea I read earlier for the passive entry antennas?
got most all my parts on order I think I need the other RF hub (68363199AC)
I have 68363202AC
been playing with AlfaOBD so I am confident I can mash this up in a spectacular way!

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
wondering if anyone has tried the B pillar placement idea I read earlier for the passive entry antennas?
got most all my parts on order I think I need the other RF hub (68363199AC)
I have 68363202AC
been playing with AlfaOBD so I am confident I can mash this up in a spectacular way!

I have....works mostly OK. The range itself I think is fine, but if my keyfob is in the same pocket as my phone, the range is greatly reduced. I *think* it has something to do with NFC on my phone. If not with my phone, the range is long enough for me to be arm outstretched to the button and it still works.

But in the back of my head I wonder if it would be better with the antenna in the stock position (back door), like if its just strong enough to overcome the NFC from my phone if thats where my keyfob is. Someday I might move them but for now they work perfectly fine as long as I dont use the same pocket as phone and didnt involve a ton of work fishing wires.

Steven Granger

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock
Engine
Hemi 5.7
sounds good

I figure if I'm gonna run wires for passive entry, then 2 extra for the antenna should be ok
disappointed that most of this stuff isn't in there already.