How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeym0929

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
@DoughRat19 Just wanted to follow up. I couldn't get 68319680AE since they're on backorder so I went with the recommended one for my 2016 (68245484AE). I found a remote start antenna for 30 bucks used on eBay so the cost wasn't that much higher. Also the push button appears to be on back order but found that on eBay as well for a reasonable price new.

I had a wire come out of my c2 connector and I essentially ruined it trying to get it out. Looks like the c2 connectors are on a long backorder (22 weeks). Was looking for an alternative way to connect the wires without having to solder and I tried this instead.

I crimped the pin terminals that would normally go into the C2 connector and slid them on their corresponding pin. Once you have 2 pairs next to each other, it's a pretty snug fit and tugging on the harness doesn't make them loose. This isn't the most ideal solution but should work in the meantime until the c2 connectors become available. Note that I did use the fat part of a small pair of pliers to compress the wire holder on the end of the pin connector so that way it would have more room to fit next to one another. You don't have to do this part but it seemed to help align the pins better.

Below is some pictures. I'm just waiting on my cabin antennas then I'm shooting for the install this weekend. I'll be adding the door handles later but I got the wire ready for that as well.

I'll post an update when I get to the install. Appreciate everyone's help on here!

PXL_20220208_012915529.jpgPXL_20220208_013837095.jpg

Last edited:

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@DoughRat19 Just wanted to follow up. I couldn't get 68319680AE since they're on backorder so I went with the recommended one for my 2016 (68245484AE). I found a remote start antenna for 30 bucks used on eBay so the cost wasn't that much higher. Also the push button appears to be on back order but found that on eBay as well for a reasonable price new.

I had a wire come out of my c2 connector and I essentially ruined it trying to get it out. Looks like the c2 connectors are on a long backorder (22 weeks). Was looking for an alternative way to connect the wires without having to solder and I tried this instead.

I crimped the pin terminals that would normally go into the C2 connector and slid them on their corresponding pin. Once you have 2 pairs next to each other, it's a pretty snug fit and tugging on the harness doesn't make them loose. This isn't the most ideal solution but should work in the meantime until the c2 connectors become available. Note that I did use the fat part of a small pair of pliers to compress the wire holder on the end of the pin connector so that way it would have more room to fit next to one another. You don't have to do this part but it seemed to help align the pins better.

Below is some pictures. I'm just waiting on my cabin antennas then I'm shooting for the install this weekend. I'll be adding the door handles later but I got the wire ready for that as well.

I'll post an update when I get to the install. Appreciate everyone's help on here!

View attachment 485320View attachment 485321
Just be real careful with that. Any of that metal touches and it’s really gonna mess with your signals/setup. You might wanna try to put something between the terminals to keep them from touching.

joeym0929

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
For anyone else trying to get a C2 connector, try requesting samples from TE. It says out of stock but they just shipped me the 2 I requested.

frederic noel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hey guys just finishing installing , the 2 antennas , rf hub and pts , i disconnect both battery , reconnect everything , when i open the door , i see nothing on cluster ? suppose to see the clutch + start display , but none , i try to program key and it failed for both , i have this message first time i try to program the key (transfer of secret key from bcm to rfh failed. repeat the procedure . ) i'm at lost ? can someone point me in direction ? the rf hub part is 68234885AB and suppose to work for manual truck

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hey guys just finishing installing , the 2 antennas , rf hub and pts , i disconnect both battery , reconnect everything , when i open the door , i see nothing on cluster ? suppose to see the clutch + start display , but none , i try to program key and it failed for both , i have this message first time i try to program the key (transfer of secret key from bcm to rfh failed. repeat the procedure . ) i'm at lost ? can someone point me in direction ? the rf hub part is 68234885AB and suppose to work for manual truck
You should have seen that message on the EVIC. I would go back and make sure all the Alfaobd settings were updated correctly. I always try to update the setting twice so the second time it will tell me I am trying to change to the current value. That way I know the setting took.

frederic noel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i checked just before the swap , and everything was setup fine except for passive entry that i did not enable , i even switch wire thinking i put in wrong terminal , and still no go ? each time i try to program the keyfob i have the message , transfer secret key from bcm to rfh failed , but if i redo , it will try but failed , i try with 0000 , my original pin and nothing, is there anything i can do to transfer the secret key ? and if i look at rfhub id the vin show nothing

frederic noel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
is it possible that my 2 keyfob were not working ?( the key was purchased from amazon and i checked the battery to ) when im in the truck and press unlock it will wake up the cluster for a few second , is a sign that the key are working ? , but i cannot still figuring how to program it

frederic noel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
other thing i see in the alfaobd app is usually when i change something in some option it is showing ( procedure complete ), but when i select keyless go and select to YES, it is showing YES almost instantly , if i select NO and press start ( procedure complete ) is not showing but if i select again it is showing NO

Sking80

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So my Hub pn# is 68363202AC. I would need a different one for the touch and Go switch correct? I have a 19 1500 Classic

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Last edited:

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So my Hub pn# is 68363202AC. I would need a different one for the touch and Go switch correct? I have a 19 1500 Classic
If that is the original hub then yes. No truck that didn’t come with enter n’ go will have the correct hub.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
other thing i see in the alfaobd app is usually when i change something in some option it is showing ( procedure complete ), but when i select keyless go and select to YES, it is showing YES almost instantly , if i select NO and press start ( procedure complete ) is not showing but if i select again it is showing NO
Did you get it working? Like I said before, if you’re not seeing the message in the EVIC when you open the door then it’s not programmed right. Hopefully your up and running.

frederic noel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yes it working , the diagram for the pinout at the beginning of thread was not right , and mine doesn't show press clutch + start but it work like it suppose too , everything work fine , but i'm sure because of android 12 that came up , alfaobd app it a little glitchy

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
yes it working , the diagram for the pinout at the beginning of thread was not right , and mine doesn't show press clutch + start but it work like it suppose too , everything work fine , but i'm sure because of android 12 that came up , alfaobd app it a little glitchy
The diagram is not right, or did you have wires in wrong positions? If there is an incorrect diagram, can you point it out to me so I can correct it, so someone else doesn’t have an issue (although hundreds have already successfully done this using the instructions at the beginning of the thread).

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The diagram is definitely right so curious to know what you were having issues with. Like Jimmy said, a little more info on what you think is wrong would be helpful. And if you’re not getting the EVIC message, something is not right with your settings.

Here is one of my harnesses. This is the top row which would be all the signal wiring. Positions 1-20 go right to left so light blue is position 2 (front antenna), yellow is position 3 (rear antenna), orange is position 4 (passenger side antenna), etc. this is wired based on the diagrams that Jimmy posted.

Attachments

• 8243CDDD-5C5A-4DE2-AD78-8D90E640E328.jpeg
    8243CDDD-5C5A-4DE2-AD78-8D90E640E328.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

frederic noel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
at the beginning of thread it write that the pin 1 and 11 are no connect that it is false on my rf hub , pin 1 and 11 is antenna 4 ( front ) and pin 2 and 12 is for antenna 3 ( back of truck ) other are not connected because , i don't need the passive entry , and as for my evic , i think alfa is glitchy with android 12 , i just do the update a couple of days ago , when i select keyless go present , it show yes , and if i press again to enable it it show yes instantly , and if i select no , it switch to no but usually when we change option or something with alfa it is showin ( procedure complete ) but it is not showing it and seem to go to fast , my option are keyless go enable , wait to start present , and fobik safe enable , all set to yes, if i lock the door with key inside it stay lock ? maybe because the passive entry are not set, and maybe with a manual truck evic doesn't show the press clutch + start ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
at the beginning of thread it write that the pin 1 and 11 are no connect that it is false on my rf hub , pin 1 and 11 is antenna 4 ( front ) and pin 2 and 12 is for antenna 3 ( back of truck ) other are not connected
It’s just not possible that pins 1 and 11 are doing anything on your RF Hub. 1 & 11 are reserved for antenna #5, which would be for the liftgate on suvs, such as the grand Cherokee, or the tailgate on the 5th gen rams. I don’t even think there are pins present in positions 1 & 11 on the 4th gen rf hub itself.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It’s just not possible that pins 1 and 11 are doing anything on your RF Hub. 1 & 11 are reserved for antenna #5, which would be for the liftgate on suvs, such as the grand Cherokee, or the tailgate on the 5th gen rams. I don’t even think there are pins present in positions 1 & 11 on the 4th gen rf hub itself.
Jimmy, I have a hub right here any they definitely aren’t!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 8