How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frederic noel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
maybe that was it ,first pin was the number 2 etc.. i did not pay attention to the empty spot, as of my evic message that don't appear do you guy's know what it need to be set ? im with the latest version of alfa and obdlink mx+

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
when i select keyless go present , it show yes , and if i press again to enable it it show yes instantly , and if i select no , it switch to no but usually when we change option or something with alfa it is showin ( procedure complete ) but it is not showing it and seem to go to fast , my option are keyless go enable , wait to start present , and fobik safe enable , all set to yes, if i lock the door with key inside it stay lock ? maybe because the passive entry are not set, and maybe with a manual truck evic doesn't show the press clutch + start ?
If you already have a setting set to yes, and you try to change it to yes again, it will immediately say that it’s already set to yes and there’s nothing to change, so that’s why it show yes instantly.
You have to have all four antennas installed for fobik safe to work.
Do you have the small base instrument cluster, or the premium 7” EVIC?

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you already have a setting set to yes, and you try to change it to yes again, it will immediately say that it’s already set to yes and there’s nothing to change, so that’s why it show yes instantly.
You have to have all four antennas installed for fobik safe to work.
Do you have the small base instrument cluster, or the premium 7” EVIC?
maybe that was it ,first pin was the number 2 etc.. i did not pay attention to the empty spot, as of my evic message that don't appear do you guy's know what it need to be set ? im with the latest version of alfa and obdlink mx+
I just did an install today. You definitely have to turn on the passive entry setting even if you’re not doing the handles. Once I turned that on, the message appeared in the EVIC right away.

frederic noel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have the 7 inch , i will definitely turn that passive entry on and see if work , thnx doug

joeym0929

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Just want to make sure I have these steps right before I proceed with my install this week.

I'm activating remote start as well and I installed the new hood latch. I already have the hood latch harness. That was pre-installed in the truck but I read on some threads that I still may need to check if it's going to Pin 11.

Also I need passive entry enabled even if I don't install the door handles just yet right?

FOBIK Safe Enable - Yes

Keyless Go Present - Yes

Passive Entry Present - Yes

Remote Start Present - Yes

Hood Ajar Switch Input Present - Yes

Hood Ajar Switch Signal Usage - 500 ohm series and 500 ohm parallel resistors

Disconnect Negative Battery Terminal and install rfhub, cabin antennas, push start button etc and connect them to new harness

Connect Negative Battery Terminal

Program new key fobs

Reset/Replace RFHub with pin 0000 in AlfaOBD

Does all this check out?

Thanks!

Last edited:

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just want to make sure I have these steps right before I proceed with my install this week.

I'm activating remote start as well and I installed the new hood latch. I already have the hood latch harness. That was pre-installed in the truck but I read on some threads that I still may need to check if it's going to Pin 11.

Also I need passive entry enabled even if I don't install the door handles just yet right?

FOBIK Safe Enable - Yes

Keyless Go Present - Yes

Passive Entry Present - Yes

Remote Start Present - Yes

Hood Ajar Switch Input Present - Yes

Hood Ajar Switch Signal Usage - 500 ohm series and 500 ohm parallel resistors

Disconnect Negative Battery Terminal and install rfhub, cabin antennas, push start button etc and connect them to new harness

Connect Negative Battery Terminal

Program new key fobs

Reset/Replace RFHub with pin 0000 in AlfaOBD

Does all this check out?

Thanks!
You can pull your current pin with Alfaobd when you go to update to settings and then use that when you program your new fobs. That way the pin will transfer over to the new hub.

Also, if you check the front end connector (large connector under the fuse box), you can determine if all your wiring is there for remote start. Positions 1 and 2 (2500+) or 5 and 6 (1500s) would be populated on both sides of the connector. Check out this video for help.

joeym0929

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
@DoughRat19 Thanks for the reply. I checked and looks like I have half of the wiring which sucks. Here are the front and back pics.

11.png22.png

From the pics can you tell which side I would need? Going into the truck or the connector?

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@DoughRat19 Thanks for the reply. I checked and looks like I have half of the wiring which sucks. Here are the front and back pics.

View attachment 485881View attachment 485882

From the pics can you tell which side I would need? Going into the truck or the connector?
Looks like you have a 1500 and you are missing the wiring that runs to ground and through the firewall to the BCM C1/A connector at Pin 11.

joeym0929

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Looks like you have a 1500 and you are missing the wiring that runs to ground and through the firewall to the BCM C1/A connector at Pin 11.

Since I have half the wiring done at the first connector and I've identified 5 being signal and 6 being ground, can't I just splice into them? Ground wire 6 then extend wire 5 to the C1 connector and connect it to pin 11?

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since I have half the wiring done at the first connector and I've identified 5 being signal and 6 being ground, can't I just splice into them? Ground wire 6 then extend wire 5 to the C1 connector and connect it to pin 11?
If you wanna bypass the connector you can. The OEM install kit basically does the same thing, it doesn’t pin through the connectors, just runs from the hood latch connector to ground and the BCM.

joeym0929

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If you wanna bypass the connector you can. The OEM install kit basically does the same thing, it doesn’t pin through the connectors, just runs from the hood latch connector to ground and the BCM.
Ok cool I may give that a go since half of it is done. I'll post an update once I get done with that. Thanks for the assistance!

joeym0929

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Took some time today to get my install done. It went super smooth thanks to this thread. Got the hub and cabin antennas installed with the push to start button. Had to use Pin 0000 to program the first key then I was able to use my regular pin. Once both keys were programmed, the truck started then stopped. I then put it in run mode and did an RFHub Reset with my regular pin and after that everything worked perfectly. TMPS didn't work but just drove around the block and it corrected itself. I got my wires to the side under the backseat for the door handles when I get to that point. Next I just need to get my hood latch wired so I can enable remote start. Shout out to @DoughRat19. Thanks for the quick replies and assistance!

pic 1.jpgpic 2.jpg

madpuma13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Two questions,

1. Ive glanced through all 182 pages of this thread and didnt really see anyone with a 2015 try the 17 RF HUB. Is there a consensus that the 17 will work? I already have remote unlock and remote start.

2. Is there anyone that is making harnesses? I dont plan on doing the handles just want the N Go part of the keyless n go lol.

Thanks!

Maniac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Does anyone have extra connectors I can buy? I don’t need 1000 of them….

madpuma13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Two questions,

1. Ive glanced through all 182 pages of this thread and didnt really see anyone with a 2015 try the 17 RF HUB. Is there a consensus that the 17 will work? I already have remote unlock and remote start.

2. Is there anyone that is making harnesses? I dont plan on doing the handles just want the N Go part of the keyless n go lol.

Thanks!

Just an update for anyone that may want the info.

1. I managed to get ahold of a 2021 RF hub and did the install. Had some issues with alfaobd not transferring the security pin. I happen to have another obd tool that does this and that worked. So my only guess is that the current version of alfaobd (2.2.7.0 when I tried) didn't want to do it. For reference I have an Autel 906ts that did work. Most car shops will have something similar and/or more advanced and should be able to do this easily.

2. I got some help with my harness from DoughRat19. He was fantastic and a wealth of knowledge on the ins and outs of this mod. Thanks DoughRat19!

Fc3s25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Took some time today to get my install done. It went super smooth thanks to this thread. Got the hub and cabin antennas installed with the push to start button. Had to use Pin 0000 to program the first key then I was able to use my regular pin. Once both keys were programmed, the truck started then stopped. I then put it in run mode and did an RFHub Reset with my regular pin and after that everything worked perfectly. TMPS didn't work but just drove around the block and it corrected itself. I got my wires to the side under the backseat for the door handles when I get to that point. Next I just need to get my hood latch wired so I can enable remote start. Shout out to @DoughRat19. Thanks for the quick replies and assistance!

View attachment 485957View attachment 485958
So I'm just been tryna have everything ready and start this fun project myself and I have a 2016 1500 lonestar.. I looked up my ref. # for the RF hub I'm still confused whether mine is a good # to add enter n go.. so I have the RF hub # & body computer #.... my truck already has remote start..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220309-083131_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20220309-083131_AlfaOBD.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20220309-083503_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20220309-083503_AlfaOBD.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 13

madpuma13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I'm just been tryna have everything ready and start this fun project myself and I have a 2016 1500 lonestar.. I looked up my ref. # for the RF hub I'm still confused whether mine is a good # to add enter n go.. so I have the RF hub # & body computer #.... my truck already has remote start..
My truck is a '15 outdoorsman. I jumped straight into a 21 RF hub without issue. The 21 RFHub kept my remote start intact and all I had to do for the GO part of keyless n go was swap the hub, swap the ignition, run the harness and do all of the key programming stuff.

I dont think it matters any on the RFhub.

Fc3s25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
awesome! i wonder if just doing the "n GO" part.. swapping the ignition and doing the keys would work... crazy thought! and the only reason why i say that is because when i bought my truck my fobik key didn't have the remote start button (4th button) i realized i had remote start when i bought one (keyfob) with the 4th button & programmed the key and sure enough my truck already had RS.. Reading through everything I'm hoping it already had push start and they took it out before I bought it.. which would be just a simple flip on commands inside AlfaOBD and the ignition + keys

Fc3s25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is how I got my car with the ignition looking like this which makes me believe something else was there.. & also saw these to connectors have no clue what they are.. lmk if my theory on the ignition seems crazy @madpuma13

Attachments

• 20220309_170250.jpg
    20220309_170250.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220309_170639.jpg
    20220309_170639.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 17

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member