How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So just heard back from Alexxy, and he says that for 2018 FCA changed some stuff around with the security. He's gonna try to find a fix for this but for now i cant complete this mod. So anyone out there with a 2018 wanting to do this better hold off.

What are you talking about? I have already did this to my 2018 SLT and it works perfectly like factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have done a 2019 along with two 17's a 15 and two 14's and they all work fine as well. Not sure what Alexy was referring to but I don't think it was the push button start or proximity entry.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jimbodio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
FYI once you install the wires. You need to push the red part over to the middle to lock the pins in. Then they will click right in

Oh man I feel dumb. Just tried it and it works perfect. Time to collect more parts once I pay the Mrs’ birthday presents.

BZ2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
What are you talking about? I have already did this to my 2018 SLT and it works perfectly like factory.

He was referring to the security algorithm to start the key fob programming.. He said this after I sent him a log of me connecting to the rf hub and trying to program the new fob..

AlwaysSomethin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram
Engine
5.7L
Hmmm. I've got to start collecting parts for the SLT I'm getting into now!

Chandler33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
He was referring to the security algorithm to start the key fob programming.. He said this after I sent him a log of me connecting to the rf hub and trying to program the new fob..

I'm also having trouble with the fob programming on my 2018 SLT. I'm getting a "Waiting for Key" error when attempting to program it.

Jeff Krawczyk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Great! So many things I've thought about but would never be able to do, then I come on here and there is great posts like this that have great details.....add another for the long list of wants!

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just picked up a 2019 Classic and will be doing this upgrade soon.
We did my buddy's 2019 classic and it worked fine. Remember you will need the bypass cable from M2mods to enable codes with the alfa on the 18 and 19 trucks.

5pt7BigHornSC

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We did my buddy's 2019 classic and it worked fine. Remember you will need the bypass cable from M2mods to enable codes with the alfa on the 18 and 19 trucks.

Thank you for the reminder about the bypass cable. I will be ordering that when I order all the other components.

Badams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I apologize if this has been answered already. I know it's come up a few times in this thread, I made it to page 31 before giving up on looking for my answer.
Has anyone confirmed if the 17-18 rf hub will work in older models? I have a 14 with command start no air. Was hoping to head to the wrecker and get hub, antennas, etc, and figure it might be easier to just find a single newer truck that has everything rather then trying to figure out a specific model with the same features and find that truck at the wrecker

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I apologize if this has been answered already. I know it's come up a few times in this thread, I made it to page 31 before giving up on looking for my answer.
Has anyone confirmed if the 17-18 rf hub will work in older models? I have a 14 with command start no air. Was hoping to head to the wrecker and get hub, antennas, etc, and figure it might be easier to just find a single newer truck that has everything rather then trying to figure out a specific model with the same features and find that truck at the wrecker
Yes, the 17-18 hub will work, but it has to be a ****** hub, not a used one.

Badams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, the 17-18 hub will work, but it has to be a ****** hub, not a used one.
Ahh ok good to know! Thank you!
I assume the antennas, start button, and handles can all be from the wrecker still?
Can the hub be installed and still use tip start for the time being? Or once the hub is installed you need to get the whole system going at the same time?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ahh ok good to know! Thank you!
I assume the antennas, start button, and handles can all be from the wrecker still?
Can the hub be installed and still use tip start for the time being? Or once the hub is installed you need to get the whole system going at the same time?
Yes you can install all the parts used except the RF hub and fobs. No you cannot install the new RF hub and continue to use the current tip start. You will need to install the hub and then program your new fobs.

5pt7BigHornSC

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does anyone make a harness for this mod? Even with reading glasses, those connectors are awfully small LOL.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone make a harness for this mod? Even with reading glasses, those connectors are awfully small LOL.
At this time no one makes the harness for the push button start that I know of. It's not too complicated to build once you get the hang of it and take your time.

manny2308

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, got around to do this today on my 2013 1500. Managed to get the push to start working but had some issues. I was able to enable everything in Alfa except passive entry csm. Next, when programming the new fobs, I was only able to get one fob programmed, the other would not program no matter what I try. And lastly, though I was able to get the one fob programmed, it only works when I’m right next to the car as in inches. Any advice is highly appreciated. The fobs and everything else is brand new and the ones recommended by OP

manny2308

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I purchased the rf hub that corresponded to my 2013 but decided to go with the remote star compatible one in case I wanted to upgrade. Since mines did not have remote start, could it be that the remote start rf hub needs the antenna for picking up the fob? Currently push to start basically only works when fob is the middle of the car.