How To Add rear Park assist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GWR Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
So you need to run at least 6 wires to the back of your truck. 7 if you have a backup camera and would like to connect your power to the control module there.
Pull your driver side kick panel off at emergency brake and down on the floor. Roll carpet back about center of door and you will see your emergency brake cable going through the floor through a rubber boot. That’s where you bring your wires up into the cab.

jjtessmer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So you need to run at least 6 wires to the back of your truck. 7 if you have a backup camera and would like to connect your power to the control module there.
Pull your driver side kick panel off at emergency brake and down on the floor. Roll carpet back about center of door and you will see your emergency brake cable going through the floor through a rubber boot. That’s where you bring your wires up into the cab.
Has anybody made a clear wiring diagram of how front/rear would work as a stand-alone ? I don’t really want to pin it in

GWR Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
You have to pin the wires in the connectors if you don't have wires coming out of them now. But since you took the module I think you would have the wires coming out of the connectors. If so then just solder the new wires to the wires coming out of your connectors.

Did you get the connector plug black and follow the yellow and purple wire to a little 2 pin white connector and grab that?

jjtessmer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I haven’t cut the pig tails off the donor truck yet...so I can go as far back as I need. I’d rather just do it as a stand-alone setup vs all the hassle of pinning it in

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anybody made a clear wiring diagram of how front/rear would work as a stand-alone ? I don’t really want to pin it in
Sense you have access to a salvage yard the easy way would be for you to cut the connectors from the truck you removed the parts from. This way the wire colors match. All you will have to do is add about 18ft of wire from the rear connectors and the connectors to the module inside the truck. I don't know how the factory harness is made but the 7th wire is pink with yellow stripe you can wire it to any pink yellow in the truck they are all switch on 12v power. The front is the same way just a shorter wire run about 10ft you don't need power for the front the module is powered off of the the C1 power - pink wire yellow stripe. Hopefully you can cut enough of the C can connecter to be able to solder new wires onto it if not you will have to order the connecter from mouser.com

GWR Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
I haven’t cut the pig tails off the donor truck yet...so I can go as far back as I need. I’d rather just do it as a stand-alone setup vs all the hassle of pinning it in

The wire harness from the rear of the truck comes into the driver wheel well behind the plastic well

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got mine in and it’s working good. Hasn’t showed up in uconnect yet but it’ll probably need to sit overnight

99c2247f14866bf26ba5165278845025.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GWR Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Got mine in and it’s working good. Hasn’t showed up in uconnect yet but it’ll probably need to sit overnight

99c2247f14866bf26ba5165278845025.jpg

I like how they blend into the white bumper.

Mine showed up on Uconnect right away. What did you set through Alfa app?

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is what I set

ITM ultrasonics

Custsetmenu 1 - park assist CSM

PT Chassis Net -PTS parktronics

Vehicleconfig 1 - PTS configuration

Custsetmenu 1 - park assist rear volume

I didn’t turn on the front because I haven’t got it done yet

GWR Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
This is what I set

ITM ultrasonics

Custsetmenu 1 - park assist CSM

PT Chassis Net -PTS parktronics

Vehicleconfig 1 - PTS configuration

Custsetmenu 1 - park assist rear volume

I didn’t turn on the front because I haven’t got it done yet

This is what I set.

1. Custsetmenu 1 - park assist CSM Yes

2. PT Chassis Net -PTS parktronics Enable

3. Vehicleconfig 1 - PTS configuration
Feature 1-2 option

4. Custsetmenu 1 - park assist rear volume Yes

5. ITM ultrasonics Yes

6. vehicleconfig 1-PTS. Set to Display

I also did 2 more for my front so when I install it, it should work.

Looks like you need to add my #6 and your display should work.

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is what I set.

1. Custsetmenu 1 - park assist CSM Yes

2. PT Chassis Net -PTS parktronics Enable

3. Vehicleconfig 1 - PTS configuration
Feature 1-2 option

4. Custsetmenu 1 - park assist rear volume Yes

5. ITM ultrasonics Yes

6. vehicleconfig 1-PTS. Set to Display

I also did 2 more for my front so when I install it, it should work.

Looks like you need to add my #6 and your display should work.

Thanks, It is showing up in uconnect now. I have a 2017, and I think my BCM is a little slower than yours. Interesting though, I am getting a message in the evening that the front needs to be serviced, and I didn’t turn it on!

GWR Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Thanks, It is showing up in uconnect now. I have a 2017, and I think my BCM is a little slower than yours. Interesting though, I am getting a message in the evening that the front needs to be serviced, and I didn’t turn it on!

I found that I did not turn something on and it was on. If you have a front n rear control module, the C-1 plug is connect to the C-can and it might be seeing that module.

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I found that I did not turn something on and it was on. If you have a front n rear control module, the C-1 plug is connect to the C-can and it might be seeing that module.
That is correct if you have the front and rear module even though you don't turn on front the C can will recognize the dual module and tell you to service the front and will turn itself off. You will also get the orange off light on the lower dash switch.

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is correct if you have the front and rear module even though you don't turn on front the C can will recognize the dual module and tell you to service the front and will turn itself off. You will also get the orange off light on the lower dash switch.

That’s my set up. Fronts to come in the future so I’ll live with it

SeaRefractor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did what was recommended and purchased a used module from the internet that came with the plugs (cut off with about 8" of the cable, so easy to solder/heat-shrink). Finally have everything to complete the park-sense.

Will dig into it once I finish a concrete stairs project.

GWR Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Any reason my sound stopped working on backing up? It’s turned on in settings.

Worked great until today.

GWR Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
No I did not try that. But I don’t think that would have been that cause I went to drive the truck several hours later and it works fine now. ‍♂️ I will try the volume control if that happens again.

I just ordered all my sensors, bezels and the connectors to make my own front harness. Can’t wait to get this one done now.

Thanks Sherman.

GWR Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Did you try to put truck in reverse and while its in reverse turn the volume up on radio?

So Sherman I have tried it for a few days now. Most of the time there is no sound in the morning even with the volume control up or down. Later in the day it works fine with the volume up and all the way down.
Do you or anybody have a answer for this?

5/11/20