How To Add rear Park assist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GWR Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Unfortuantely, the connectors I ordered did not match. I'm thinking, I may have to purchase another 14-way connector and attempt to cut it down in size to a 12-way.

Calling all the different Mopar dealers, 68080557AA is a discontinued part that is not in stock. Surprising as the 2019 RAM 1500 "DS" would still use the same parts.

Since the 12-way is how to connect to the CANbus, I suspect that it's not available to try and cut down on customers adding parksense? Does this make any sense?

In any event, too much sweat equity and emotional involvement to quit now. Even ordered a 7" EVIC upgrade to better display the parksense signals when it's all good to go.

I'll update with pictures on the 14-way repair kit mod to use for 12-way once I get another connector shipped.

GWR Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
SeaRefractor, the 12-Way connector, 68080557AA is on Ebay for a steep $86.00.

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unfortuantely, the connectors I ordered did not match. I'm thinking, I may have to purchase another 14-way connector and attempt to cut it down in size to a 12-way.

Calling all the different Mopar dealers, 68080557AA is a discontinued part that is not in stock. Surprising as the 2019 RAM 1500 "DS" would still use the same parts.

Since the 12-way is how to connect to the CANbus, I suspect that it's not available to try and cut down on customers adding parksense? Does this make any sense?

In any event, too much sweat equity and emotional involvement to quit now. Even ordered a 7" EVIC upgrade to better display the parksense signals when it's all good to go.

I'll update with pictures on the 14-way repair kit mod to use for 12-way once I get another connector shipped.

I’ve got this project on the back burner. Back in October was able to source the connectors for C1, C2, C 3, and the in-line connector to the front jumper. I have not sourced part numbers for the pins yet. They are all yazaki connectors

As long as you order $100, they will sell any combination/number of connectors. I have not ordered yet because I was going to add the correct pins to it as well.

Once I find the part numbers for the pins, I will add them, and do the order. That may be a while though, because I’m doing a Rambox bed swap right now. If anyone is interested in getting in on this let me know

Here is the order I had set up. If anyone knows the pins for the connectors, please feel free to list them. They can be added to the order as well, and a couple of the connectors can be taken out of the order so that it still totals $100c99412a660fd2169288692cda3af538b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

SeaRefractor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
SeaRefractor, the 12-Way connector, 68080557AA is on Ebay for a steep $86.00.

I know, only to order it and then have the vendor cancel the sale as the part wasn't on hand in their warehouse. Unless this is a new posting and they really have it.

SeaRefractor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve got this project on the back burner. Back in October was able to source the connectors for C1, C2, C 3, and the in-line connector to the front jumper. I have not sourced part numbers for the pins yet. They are all yazaki connectors

As long as you order $100, they will sell any combination/number of connectors. I have not ordered yet because I was going to add the correct pins to it as well.

Once I find the part numbers for the pins, I will add them, and do the order. That may be a while though, because I’m doing a Rambox bed swap right now. If anyone is interested in getting in on this let me know

Here is the order I had set up. If anyone knows the pins for the connectors, please feel free to list them. They can be added to the order as well, and a couple of the connectors can be taken out of the order so that it still totals $100c99412a660fd2169288692cda3af538b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Much appreciated! I'll add that to my research. However, I have all the connectors and pins for C2 and C3, so I'm not sure I'd have a a $100.00 order.

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Much appreciated! I'll add that to my research. However, I have all the connectors and pins for C2 and C3, so I'm not sure I'd have a a $100.00 order.

I got the pins sourced as well. Going to order tomorrow. Plan to sell off the extra pins amd connectors that I get.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Caimito1964

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.2
View attachment 142809 Over the last few weeks I was working on adding rear park assist to my 2018 ram 1500
I used all oem parts except for the harness I made to go from the park assist module to the rear of the truck .
I used Alfa obd and Mgrimm bcm id details from the Alfa ond diy and I now have oem rear park assist .
I will post the parts I used to get the job done .
It ended up being a expensive project in my eyes .
So the parts are as follows

Bezel for the bumpers needed four of them .
Part no : 5lt35zzzaa-001

Jumper harness for the rear
Part no : 680318200AA-001

Then I bought a repair kit for the connector and pins to plug into the jumper harness
Part no : 68018957AA-001

Then the rear park assist module
Part no 68204477AF

Then the park sensor itself needed four of them
Part no :1EW63TZZAA

I drilled my own holes in my rear bumper .
Painted the bezels chrome to match my chrome bumper as best as possible .
The only part I still need is the new multi switch for the dash to add the button itself
The system seems to be on automatically once I added the codes in the bcm

So the harness that runs from the park assist module to the rear of the truck is the only part that i made per say .
Deere guy had the two plugs with wire ends sticking out of them that i extended to get too the necessary locations .Thansk Deere guy for sending those out to me .
I have been in contact with m2mods along this project .

I will post up some pics with the schematic and where I connected on the truck later on this Evening .

This is my first right Up so please be patient .

Caimito1964

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.2
HI there, I'm trying to look for the part numbers you posted and come up empty. Nothing shows the right part. My 2018 Ram has partial wiring and I have the jumper harness and oem sensors with the dsah control box (switches) I know I need the module but what else I need to get to make this happen? Thanks much...Rafael

OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
HI there, I'm trying to look for the part numbers you posted and come up empty. Nothing shows the right part. My 2018 Ram has partial wiring and I have the jumper harness and oem sensors with the dsah control box (switches) I know I need the module but what else I need to get to make this happen? Thanks much...Rafael
You will need the repair kits I have listed as well as the bezels for the sensors themself
Try using a website like quirk parts etc.

OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
You will need the repair kits I have listed as well as the bezels for the sensors themself
Try using a website like quirk parts etc.
I also have the rear park assist module if you where planning on doing just the rear sensors
Practically brand new

OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
So these are the two connectors that I used to make the harness that goes from the park asssit module to the connector that then plugs into the jumper harness .

View attachment 143040

View attachment 143041
Does anyone know what the connector and pins part number would be ?
Trying to see if we can avoid buying the expensive repair kits that plug into the park assist module itself .
The C1,C2and C3 connectors
Thanks

EEB38AD7-D30C-4462-9A07-60F0DA3FFE16.png

Last edited:

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know what the connector and pins part number would be ?
Trying to see if we can avoid buying the expensive repair kits that plug into the park assist module itself .
The C1,C2and C3 connectors
Thanks

View attachment 195242

Yes, I listed them in earlier post... I have connectors for C1, C2, C3, and the in-line connector for the front harness on order, along with the appropriate terminals.... I had to order three of each of the connectors, so will have two of each left over

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also have the rear park assist module if you where planning on doing just the rear sensors
Practically brand new
Hello skuppy069 do you happen to still have the rear module? Im looking to add the rear only if so please PM me with a price thanks in advance!!!

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Skuppy069

I am looking at the connector you say that you connected to the jumper harness at the rear of the truck. I have purchased the sensors and the jumper harness from a dealer and the connector you have listed looks just like the connector that’s on my jumper harness could you double check the part number for that harness that you built.
The part number you have listed it is 68018957 AA. As I mentioned earlier the connector I have is a female connector and looks just like the connector you posted a picture of.
Thank you so much for the help you’ve already given me/us...
Yes part number for the connector is wrong I ordered same connector and its same as jumper so I ordered water proof connectors from amazon and spliced them into rear jumper harness so I have a disconnect if I ever need one.

OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yes part number for the connector is wrong I ordered same connector and its same as jumper so I ordered water proof connectors from amazon and spliced them into rear jumper harness so I have a disconnect if I ever need one.
Ok if anyone knows the correct part Number I will edit the parts .
I know I have the correct one on my truck just wish I knew the part number .Sorry guys .
I will ask the delearship if they can help.

OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
What’s the part number you used which was wrong ?
Then I should be able to cross reference to get the correct part number

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What’s the part number you used which was wrong ?
Then I should be able to cross reference to get the correct part number
The part number that’s posted is 68018957AA-001 this is a female connection the same as the one on the jumper harness

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok if anyone knows the correct part Number I will edit the parts .
I know I have the correct one on my truck just wish I knew the part number .Sorry guys .
I will ask the delearship if they can help.
No idea what correct harness is. You don’t have to say you’re sorry your diy has been a great tool for my install. Splicing a waterproof connector on the jumper took all of 15 minutes and that’s doing both sides. Thank you sir for your great write up.