How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeardedContractor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Installed a UAQ and media hub from infotainment.com in my 2016 2500 CTD. Everything is working fine except the soft keys for heated seats and steering wheel. After a couple of hours on this thread reading every post I could about people with similar issues, what is the fix? From my understanding it can be fixed with a BCM setting using an AlfaOBD? I don't have the hard keys for this function.

ajairola

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed a UAQ and media hub from infotainment.com in my 2016 2500 CTD. Everything is working fine except the soft keys for heated seats and steering wheel. After a couple of hours on this thread reading every post I could about people with similar issues, what is the fix? From my understanding it can be fixed with a BCM setting using an AlfaOBD? I don't have the hard keys for this function.

Did SXM show up on the radio? The "controls" and Satellite radio will be some of the last things to show up, and may take a few drive/rest cycles.

BeardedContractor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Yes everything else has shown up. This is second radio I got under RMA. Have tried resets and waiting over a week for it to work with no luck. The controls are there just greyed out and the seats will auto on but can't control or turn on passenger.

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yes everything else has shown up. This is second radio I got under RMA. Have tried resets and waiting over a week for it to work with no luck. The controls are there just greyed out and the seats will auto on but can't control or turn on passenger.
Have you asked infotainment?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

What did Infotainment.com have to say the problem / solution might be? What was the problem with the first radio, same thing or something different?

BeardedContractor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
What did Infotainment.com have to say the problem / solution might be? What was the problem with the first radio, same thing or something different?
Same problem, they wouldn't say anything other than they think something was wrong with the previous unit and sent a new one.

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same problem, they wouldn't say anything other than they think something was wrong with the previous unit and sent a new one.
Whats the part number of your heated seat module? It will in the front left corner under the driver's seat.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

BeardedContractor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Whats the part number of your heated seat module? It will in the front left corner under the driver's seat.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
P/N: 68217268AD. The heated seats work fine with my factory radio, they even come on when temp is low on UAQ. Soft buttons show that they are on with UAQ radio but there is no control. The buttons are greyed out.

Last edited:

autumnwalker

Reaction score
My HU arrived! Missing Fakra B (FM) - trying to find a pigtail that isn't going to take several months to arrive. Do I even need it? Could I just plug the antenna wire into the back of what's left (the metal barrel on PCB)?

Radio has part number 68340153AD. It's a Canadian UAQ from what I understand. Panasonic stickers with VP4R-A. Blue sticker on top (firmware?) is 18.11.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
My HU arrived! Missing Fakra B (FM) - trying to find a pigtail that isn't going to take several months to arrive. Do I even need it? Could I just plug the antenna wire into the back of what's left (the metal barrel on PCB)?

Radio has part number 68340153AD. It's a Canadian UAQ from what I understand. Panasonic stickers with VP4R-A. Blue sticker on top (firmware?) is 18.11.
Which Fakra is missing?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

Yes, you can, but you should get a Pigtail extension to take the stress off the connector as soon as possible. See Post 10 in the 8.4 upgrade thread for fakra Pigtail links you can use.

Side note:
Do you know the year and vin of the Canadian ram truck that UCQ PN came from?

M² Mods.

autumnwalker

Reaction score
Yes, you can, but you should get a Pigtail extension to take the stress off the connector as soon as possible. See Post 10 in the 8.4 upgrade thread for fakra Pigtail links you can use.

Those are the ones I'm looking at ... ETA is March :(

Do you know the year and vin of the Canadian ram truck that UCQ PN came from?

I do have both - do you want me to post here or DM? Truck was a 2018.

Is there any reason I cannot "break" the fakra on my original 8.4 and glue it onto the back of the new 8.4? Similarly (and likely not as stupid of an idea) could I get a replacement fakra (like this Fakra Plug male End Launch PCB mount Right angle connector white/9001 New | eBay), disassemble and glue the plastic / barrel onto the 8.4?

autumnwalker

Reaction score
I'm also seeing a Fakra Z plug - which appears to be universal (all Fakra plug into it). I cannot find a white pigtail that will ship in a reasonable timeframe, but I can get a universal "Z" in a couple of days. Has anyone looked into that option?

autumnwalker

Reaction score

bloup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would pull the white connector off the old radio and glue it to the new one. I’ve done it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

autumnwalker

Reaction score
I would pull the white connector off the old radio and glue it to the new one. I’ve done it myself.

This is going to sound real silly ... but how do you pull it off (without breaking it) and what did you use to glue it on?

bloup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
One of the little tabs will break, I haven’t found a way to remove it with damaging it a bit, I used gorilla glue on the square flat section.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P/N: 68217268AD. The heated seats work fine with my factory radio, they even come on when temp is low on UAQ. Soft buttons show that they are on with UAQ radio but there is no control. The buttons are greyed out.

I will check the software revision of the 68217268AA module I tried with my UAQ. Now I am wondering if only the newest revisions work with both radios.

BeardedContractor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I will check the software revision of the 68217268AA module I tried with my UAQ. Now I am wondering if only the newest revisions work with both radios.
Awesome, thanks. I have a OBD2 module coming for AlphaOBD so I can poke around in there and see if anything that looks out of wack. Infotainment finally got back to me again after I elevated the issue and they said they have never seen this issue before and have no solution. They offered a $75 refund. I did ask if the module for the older trucks would do anything or they would be willing to ship me one to try. My truck is a MY 16 but has a production date of August 2015 so maybe they used a BCM or some other part from previous years that is causing the issue.