How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I saw something on the forum about it might needing a 18 model year module. The blend door doesn’t close all the way I guess

Gotcha. Mine works fine. If you want to check the blend door you can remove your glove box and easily see it to verify if it is getting a full range of motion.

sparsons649

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Gotcha. Mine works fine. If you want to check the blend door you can remove your glove box and easily see it to verify if it is getting a full range of motion.

Yup, the servo works perfect. I was just low on Freon ‍♂️. I don’t drive it much with the price of diesel so I guess I didn’t realize it was cooling well. Added some Freon and it’s ice cold! Thank you for all your help! Btw, what tuning company are you using?

Laramie 2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Well, I finally got my UAS radio today! Looking to upgrade from an VP4 for Android Auto and Carplay. I just noticed the back of the radio is missing a white plastic bit. Should I return the radio or can this little part be purchased somewhere? If so where can I buy it? What is it called? Thanks in advance!

20221104_114827.jpg

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

Laramie 2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
See post 10 of the 8.4 upgrade thread and get a short Pigtail for the FM fakra connector
Thanks Mike! I had a read through that post. If I understand correctly, the actual Fakra B plug on the radio cannot be repaired (at least not easily without taking apart the radio). So a female to male Fakra B pigtail should eleviate the tension, thus keeping it connected. Is that correct?

Is the 6" or 12" a better length?

I don't want my FM radio antenna disconnecting over time. I would probably return the radio (68461704AA) for one without the missing Fakra B if I would need to occasionally reconnect it.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Thanks Mike! I had a read through that post. If I understand correctly, the actual Fakra B plug on the radio cannot be repaired (at least not easily without taking apart the radio). So a female to male Fakra B pigtail should eleviate the tension, thus keeping it connected. Is that correct?

Is the 6" or 12" a better length?

I don't want my FM radio antenna disconnecting over time. I would probably return the radio (68461704AA) for one without the missing Fakra B if I would need to occasionally reconnect it.

** I gave up after several attempts trying to find a matching brand fakra I could take the clips off to repair them on the radios. You're correct about not being an easy way to repair them.

Radios are hard to find in decent shape, I'd keep it if the screen looks good.

The fakra clip missing isn't a big deal... I recommend the 6" adapter, but 12" is fine... Preferable with the RT angle female connector at the radio side of you can find one but straight one will work fine as well.

I also recommend you pop out the blue connector shell clip at the female/radio end of the Pigtail and slide/pop off the shell. It's just extra weight you don't need on the radio connector especially without the matching clip on the radio. It will friction fit on the matching connector.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221105_181356.jpg
    Screenshot_20221105_181356.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Laramie 2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
** I gave up after several attempts trying to find a matching brand fakra I could take the clips off to repair them on the radios. You're correct about not being an easy way to repair them.

Radios are hard to find in decent shape, I'd keep it if the screen looks good.

The fakra clip missing isn't a big deal... I recommend the 6" adapter, but 12" is fine... Preferable with the RT angle female connector at the radio side of you can find one but straight one will work fine as well.

I also recommend you pop out the blue connector shell clip at the female/radio end of the Pigtail and slide/pop off the shell. It's just extra weight you don't need on the radio connector especially without the matching clip on the radio. It will friction fit on the matching connector.
Thanks again for the recommendations Mike/Mpgrimm2.

The screen coating had permanent finger print marks, but I was able remove the coating with rubbing alcohol. So I will add a tempered class screen protector to replace the crappy OEM coating.

The radio is out of a 2019 Ram 1500 Classic, but the radio itself was manufactured October 2019 which is already a 2020 production run on the Ram. Based on that and the model number, I think the original radio was probably replaced under warranty due to bubbling.

I'm going to purchase that Fakra pigtail in 6" length and will be emailing Mpgrimm2 soon to order the USB hub.

martial210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dodge Ram 1500 Eco diesel 3.0 L V6
Hello,

I've been through a lot of posts without finding a solution.

I have a problem with carplay, it does not work.
I replaced my VP4 by a UGQ 4C-Nav ref: 68289301AH and the USB hub by a Compass 5XG28DX9AD. I have checked all the wiring. The usb port does not work and does not charge my phone.
s-l1600 (5).jpg
The USB hub seems not to be supported
IMG-5139.jpg

Would it be possible to have some help on this subject?
I did the test of plugging a mini USB to usb cable directly behind UGQ the phone charges but nothing else.
IMG-5136.jpg

I also have a strange thing, I can't see the version of my UGQ in the settings.
IMG-5137.jpgIMG-5138.jpg

If anyone has an idea
Thanks

Last edited:

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Hello,

I've been through a lot of posts without finding a solution.

I have a problem with carplay, it does not work.
I replaced my VP4 by a UGQ 4C-Nav ref: 68289301AH and the USB hub by a Compass 5XG28DX9AD. I have checked all the wiring. The usb port does not work and does not charge my phone.

The USB hub seems not to be supported

Would it be possible to have some help on this subject?
I did the test of plugging a mini USB to usb cable directly behind UGQ the phone charges but nothing else.

I also have a strange thing, I can't see the version of my UGQ in the settings.

If anyone has an idea
Thanks
Check fuse 67 (power to the hub)

Did you get a genuine Mopar USB hub or a knock off/clone for half the price?

What year is your truck?
Did you get a hub adapter harness? (From where?)

** Also, go into dealer menu to check pn and application version. Press and hold all 3 for 6-10 secs with key in RUN...

TEMP UP +TEMP DOWN +FRONT DEFROST

Last edited:

martial210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check fuse 67 (power to the hub)

Did you get a genuine Mopar USB hub or a knock off/clone for half the price?

What year is your truck?
Did you get a hub adapter harness? (From where?)

** Also, go into dealer menu to check pn and application version. Press and hold all 3 for 6-10 secs with key in RUN...

TEMP UP +TEMP DOWN +FRONT DEFROST
Thanks a lot for your answer.

The fuse 67 is ok, I checked with the multimeter, I have 12V on the power pin of the usb hub.

I bought the USB hub on Aliexpress for very cheap. I did not think about the possibility of a clone.
IMG-5142.jpg

My Dodge Ram 1500 is from 2014

I bought the usb hub adapter harness on Aliexpress. I checked the wiring with a picture of one of your post with the description of each wire, it seems correct.
IMG-5141d.jpg

Here is the serial number: CNSC77E0FL
Here is the version of the application: EUROPE-IR-21.9.0-20180516-109V

IMG-51442.jpg

For additional information, I live in France so it's easier for me to order from the same continent.
Thanks

COtto1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Thanks a lot for your answer.

The fuse 67 is ok, I checked with the multimeter, I have 12V on the power pin of the usb hub.

I bought the USB hub on Aliexpress for very cheap. I did not think about the possibility of a clone.
View attachment 506322

My Dodge Ram 1500 is from 2014

I bought the usb hub adapter harness on Aliexpress. I checked the wiring with a picture of one of your post with the description of each wire, it seems correct.
View attachment 506321

Here is the serial number: CNSC77E0FL
Here is the version of the application: EUROPE-IR-21.9.0-20180516-109V

View attachment 506323

For additional information, I live in France so it's easier for me to order from the same continent.
Thanks
I think your issue is with the knockoff hub. I had same issue.

martial210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think your issue is with the knockoff hub. I had same issue.
Thank you,
I ordered another Compass USB hub 5XG28DX9AD, it is used, disassembled from a vehicle where it worked.
So there should be no problem.
I will keep you informed.

D-RAM-IT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 V8
I bought a UAQ on eBay just needed a new digitizer. Saved a lot of money, but now I'm having an issue with the backup camera being very dark. Anyone have this issue? I'm on the newest software I believe but its a Canadian Uconnect (22.6)

I seen people talk about doing a factory reset on the older UConnects would fix the dark backup camera issue but I don't see this option on my Ram UAQ.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I bought a UAQ on eBay just needed a new digitizer. Saved a lot of money, but now I'm having an issue with the backup camera being very dark. Anyone have this issue? I'm on the newest software I believe but its a Canadian Uconnect (22.6)

I seen people talk about doing a factory reset on the older UConnects would fix the dark backup camera issue but I don't see this option on my Ram UAQ.
I believe I have seen it mentioned somewhere in this thread as being an issue with the 4c upgrade.... and I believe a few have had success with replacing the camera with a newer PN version from a 2018/classic 4th gen. (Not sure what the newer camera pn is, vendor @AllMoparParts.com can assist with that).

martial210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you,
I ordered another Compass USB hub 5XG28DX9AD, it is used, disassembled from a vehicle where it worked.
So there should be no problem.
I will keep you informed.
@Mpgrimm2 @COtto1984
I confirm the Aliexpress Hub does not work, it seems to be a very bad copy.
I bought a dismantled one from a vehicle where it was working.
I just mounted it in my truck and it works correctly.
Thank you for your help.

martial210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I mean I can print one for you, I assume black is cool. Just pay for shipping. One of the guys in this forum designed it and made it available for anyone on thingiverse. You’ll have to do a little trimming to get it to fit. I’ll find the original post and share it tomorrow. I can also take a picture of how I trimmed mine so it would fit. I made mine yellow, cause I’m a Steelers fan.
Hello,
I am looking for the STL file so that I can print the USB Hub 68397098AD from Dodge Ram from this post. I can't find it on the forum.
téléchargement.jpeg
I can't find it on Thingiverse either.
Does anyone have the link or the file?
Thanks

HighShyGuy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Hello,
I am looking for the STL file so that I can print the USB Hub 68397098AD from Dodge Ram from this post. I can't find it on the forum.
View attachment 506863
I can't find it on Thingiverse either.
Does anyone have the link or the file?
Thanks

I found it here, I also attached it to this post.

Attachments

• 4146837_2013-2019_classic_RAM_4th_gen_center_console_USB_adapter_plate.zip
    657.5 KB · Views: 8

martial210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I found it here, I also attached it to this post.

Thank you for your answer

But it is not the same bracket, the one you mentioned is for the 68328704AC
Zgu4bUn.jpg

I'm looking for the 68397098AD USB Hub support
s-l1600 (9).jpg

@crookedmosquito mentioned it in a post but I can't find it.