how to..remove headrest covers..do you know?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yamifz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 4x4 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm looking to have some work done to my headrest covers and I'm not sure how to remove them. I had a quick look and the only way I can see is to cut them at the bottom (which I would prefer not doing) so any help would really be appreciated.
The reason I ask is that I want to have the MOPAR embroidered on them like these ones but only in blue.

TLlTkkr.jpg

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
They got hidden securement at the bottom. Split it open a little and you'll see the plastic pieces that clamp it together.

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
Where did ya get those??

OP
OP
Yamifz1

Yamifz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 4x4 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also some tips here on how to get the covers back on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXXA2tYr_7k

That's an tip, thanks!! I'm sure it will make my life much easier. I've also seen doing the same thing and then taking a vacuum and sucking the air out of the bag which also sucks the air out of the foam thus making the size of the foam shrink.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let us know how you make out getting them off and any tips...same for putting them back on.

I'd like to do my with a Ram's head logo but don't want to bugger up the headrests in the process.

OP
OP
Yamifz1

Yamifz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 4x4 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I finally got the headrest back and I think they look great. So taking them off is a struggle but if you are careful they will come off without ripping them. I thought the tough part would be installing them, but, I used the bag trick and a good vacuum and they went on quite nicely.

Her is the finished product.

LAS5x6Z.jpg