Hughes Air Gap Install - WOW!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marc Taylor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Installed the Hughes Air Gap Intake on Fathers' Day as a gift to myself. Too many years of sluggish performance from my 2000 Ram 1500. Looks great but had no guts. HAD...
Took it to 4500 RPM last evening, explosively, without hesitation or pinging. I feel like I have installed myself a new truck.

Added another 10 years to this truck's life. Now to gauge my fuel consumption and gas mileage gains. Gonna be hard to keep my foot out of the throttle.

Thank you, HughesEngines.com.

OP
OP
Marc Taylor

Marc Taylor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Forgot to mention - The plenum plate on the stock intake was barely holding on. Some of the bolts holding it in place had no torque. Truck was using way too much oil and the exhaust was sooted. I expect it to "chalk the pipes" going forward.

Extremely pleased.

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Sweet! I've still got mine in the box awaiting install, something that would've probably happened by now had I not gotten backlogged by other stuff immediately after receiving it.

Are you running a custom tune or still using the factory one? I'm planning on purchasing a canned tune from Ryan once I finally get it installed.

donaldus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Installed the Hughes Air Gap Intake on Fathers' Day as a gift to myself. Too many years of sluggish performance from my 2000 Ram 1500. Looks great but had no guts. HAD...
Took it to 4500 RPM last evening, explosively, without hesitation or pinging. I feel like I have installed myself a new truck.

Added another 10 years to this truck's life. Now to gauge my fuel consumption and gas mileage gains. Gonna be hard to keep my foot out of the throttle.

Thank you, HughesEngines.com.

donaldus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Installed mine + cold air intake. Some improvement, but also purchased cam from Hughes. Looking for someone in n texas to install. Drove a 21 F150 2.7; can’t believe how much more power than my 5.2!