Humming noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TopherandGopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
I have 2019 1500 with about 10,000 miles. My engine is making a weird humming noise like it’s downshifting but it’s not. It’s very random, numerous speeds, regardless if on the gas or pressing the brake. Anyone know what this could be?

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Stereo on? Could have a ground issue causing a buzzing through the speakers.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't have any idea but this is my buddy so I told him to come on here since its the best place for Ram info there is IMO. So hopefully someone can help out.

OP
OP
T

TopherandGopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
No, I could definitely tell it was something engine related or something the truck was trying to do electronically. It could be heard with the stereo on or off. It honestly sounds like when a vehicle is downshifting but the rpm’s didn’t seem to change

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
No, I could definitely tell it was something engine related or something the truck was trying to do electronically. It could be heard with the stereo on or off. It honestly sounds like when a vehicle is downshifting but the rpm’s didn’t seem to change
Possibly the ANC (automatic noise canceling) system? I don’t know if it’s active with the stereo off.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That might make sense. I don't see how your engine can make reving noises without actually reving.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I have 2019 1500 with about 10,000 miles. My engine is making a weird humming noise like it’s downshifting but it’s not. It’s very random, numerous speeds, regardless if on the gas or pressing the brake. Anyone know what this could be?

Hi @TopherandGopher - Should you need to work with your dealer at any point, our team is always a private message away and happy to provide support!

Mark
RamCares

LordSodium

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m having the same issue. 2019 bighorn. Load humming when I take my foot of gas and rpms start dropping out.

bigdodge

Reaction score
Could it be MDS kicking in?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

BSVmopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not the ANC or MDS. Been down that road and took 24K and about 4-5 trips to two different dealers to solve. Bypass ANC, Re-Flash ANC, turn off MDS, etc. still droned when it wanted to. Got the usual can not duplicate answer. Not a good answer for 50K. Ask them to do ANC re-flash 08-056-19 and trans control re-flash 21-002-19. They may try telling you they don't apply to your VIN but tell them you want to try them unless they have a better solution (they won't). Mine has been gone for 7K now. I hope this helps you out.

Wayne Hartman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Same thing. It’s when it kicks into eco mode. Right?
And then today at 10k miles got two codes p2305 and p0302
Thank god for warranty. How do you make the dealership reflash

Joey31

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My truck is doing same thing. What is this noise? 2019 ram 1500. I hear it when I come off gas.

fitz7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the same issue with my 2019 ram 1500 classic. Felt like the truck wasn't going fast when accelerating kind of like not enough air was getting to the engine. I replaced the air filter and it didn't change anything. Secondly i thought maybe it would be bad spark plugs so rather than keep guessing i booked an appointment with the dealership and b4 i could make the appointment i had my rear diff **** oil. Rear diff cap had come off (im guessing when the gears failed) but they claimed someone took it off which is bs. My rear diff blew at 46k km. If i was you i would get the rear diff looked at. They replaced it and it took 2 months... it then blew again in 3 days and now my 4 x 4 is making noise as well. I took it back 10 mins after the first repair and said it sounds bad and i dont want to break the new part. They said its normal on anew diff to hear noise as you work it in. Yeah no... it blew. Im not buying another ram. Im going to keep taking it back for repairs until the 1 year left on my warranty is up.