Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I found a way to receive your own PIN CODE without the dealer :)

Discussion in '4th Gen DIY' started by Kevinfox, Feb 21, 2019.

1. crash68

crash68 ACME product engineer

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.0 EcoDiesel
    Procedures are the same whether you have a key fob or just the button. With the push to start if it says to turn the ignition on but don't start the engine, push the button twice without touching the brake pedal.

2. Eco_Adam

Eco_Adam Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.0 EcoDiesel
    I was thinking the same thing. There is probably something in very tiny print somewhere though, that saves them from lawsuits. If you pay that much money for something and it is yours, you should be able to do what you want to it and with it. The dealership should not be able to hold you back at all. Everything is about control though.

3. grenade

grenade Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.7 Cummins
    Just confirmed Pin Puller works for 2018 RAM 2500 Diesel with Bypass harness. $15 5 minutes I had my 4 digit PIN. Funny

18CrewDually likes this.
  4. Brew99

Brew99 Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Anyone know if this Chrysler pin puller app works with the Bbfly OBD unit? Have heard that this unit works great with alfaOBD which is a bonus

Update: the bbfly-BB77102 worked great with the Pin Puller app. and AlfaOBD. It is also 1/3rd the cost of the MX+

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  5. Dieselhorses

Dieselhorses Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    345 cid
    After going through this thread I learned some interesting things about "unearthing" the sacred "code". I finally got the courage to go to the dealership I purchased my truck from. I explained I just needed to calibrate my TPMS . The young guy went to the back where techs were and came back and said I didn't need a code for that. I finally talked to the service manager and he outright declared that it's a "liability" on their part for the consumer and arbitration, emissions bla bla bla.
    The whole time he's running his mouth, he wasn't even wearing a mask! He also said that if I tried to install a "chip or Pedal Commander etc" they would be able to tell if I did because of some burnt contact (which is BS probably). Should I try another dealership or just get the pin puller app?

6. 1500ram12

1500ram12 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4L Hemi
    If there is another dealer close that you can try, it can't hurt.

Yes they are bsing you. It is there choice to give it to you or charge you for it. I'm not sure about the liability part. Yes anything that "tunes" a truck will leave a trace. Only thing something like a pedal commander can leave a possible trace would be if it through a code while it was at the dealer. Physically they'd have to unplug the pedal and inspect it to see if it had ever been touched. Only reason they'd have to do that would be if the pedal module itself failed.

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman
    1990 5.9L 12v Cummins W250

7. chri5k

chri5k Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Diesel
    Don't go to the service department for the PIN since they have to go to the parts department. Go straight to the parts department. Bring your registration and drivers license. Tell them you want your RF Hub PIN not the key code PIN. If they ask why you want it tell them because it is information about your truck that you are entitled to receive.

8. Dieselhorses

Dieselhorses Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    345 cid
    Thanks, I wouldn’t dare take it to dealer for anything with pedal commander installed! I’ll ask some other dealers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1500ram12 likes this.
  9. Jimmy07

Jimmy07 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4 Hemi
    I see 2019 in your signature. Is this a 5th gen ram, or 2019 classic? If it is a 5th gen (or an HD), then you don’t need the PIN to change the thresholds. If it is a classic, then you do need the PIN. How much is your time and aggravation worth going from dealer to dealer? If you find one that’ll give it out, how much will they charge you? PIN Puller only costs $15.

10. Dieselhorses

Dieselhorses Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    345 cid
    Probably the route I’ll go. Just need to get Android device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk