I need input on JL Stealth Box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AngryRams

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And who has one of these boxes / has heard it? Is it loud? Does it sound clean and accurate? How are the lows?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven’t heard that one but I know a couple people in here have bought them and are very happy. Maybe change the title to include JL Stealthbox and they will notice it.

OP
OP
AngryRams

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven’t heard that one but I know a couple people in here have bought them and are very happy. Maybe change the title to include JL Stealthbox and they will notice it.
Okay I will... Thx

OP
OP
AngryRams

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Every stealth box I have installed has sounded great.
I'm gonna try to get $400 for my current sub and box. Then I'll buy it.

ilovemyramlaremie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have the dual 10s stelthbox. If you looking for quality, accuracy, tight, precise sound,with the correct enclosure, the stealt box is the best you can get in my opinion. If you're looking to shake your eye lids and the super boomy bass, then go 12s.
I listen to all kinds of music, rock, country, soul. I apsolutelly love the sound and accuracy of the JL stealth box. You get what you pay for

OP
OP
AngryRams

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They only make that box with 10s right?
I have the dual 10s stelthbox. If you looking for quality, accuracy, tight, precise sound,with the correct enclosure, the stealt box is the best you can get in my opinion. If you're looking to shake your eye lids and the super boomy bass, then go 12s.
I listen to all kinds of music, rock, country, soul. I apsolutelly love the sound and accuracy of the JL stealth box. You get what you pay for

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I have this and LOVE it. 500w solo and with full dynamat/dynaliner/dynapad in the cab, nothing else is needed. T H U M P E R

I cut my Duha under-the-seat organizer down to fit the stealthbox. Worked out great.

IMG_5141.JPG

OP
OP
AngryRams

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was looking at the box with two 10s.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know @corneileous recently installed one and he seems happy with his. Maybe he'll chime in and give some feedback.

Thanks for tagging me on this....[emoji846]

But to the OP, I think you’ll love it. I sure do love the hell outta mine. The amount of bass that comes outta this thing is absolutely astronomical. Cranked up, it even vibrates the sheet metal on my roof, and damn near even shakes my radar detector off it’s mount from the rear view mirror. Lol.

All I did to hook mine up was just use the factory subwoofer wiring under the rear seat with a set of the JL Audio RCA adapters to the input of the JL Audio 600 watt amp that the instructions of the Stealthbox recommends you use. I didn’t put no line output converter on mine, nor did I use that module thing that lets your signal to your bass amp bypass the factory amp, so use either of those two devices on your own account if you plan to us any of that stuff or if you get talked into using it. I didnt use it, and I don’t feel it’s needed. Also, I bought the JL Audio Remote Bass Control knob for the amp so I’d have a way to control the volume of the bass. Highly recommend that part. I also used the Crutchfield 4 gauge or 600 watt amp hook up kit. Definitely follow the recommendations of the 4 gauge power wire and like, 10 or 12 guage- whatever it is, speaker wire.

Did I say I love mine? Yes, I did. Lol. I couldn’t be happier. Lol.

But yeah, because of the protection of the factory amp, the bass will stop getting louder when the factory radio reaches like 28 or so on the volume level but in my opinion, I don’t really care that the bass levels off like that because of the amount of bass that this system makes in the first place. I really don’t know why anyone would want anymore unless they’re planning to compete in a bass-off.
6ef9430934d764c156d7e29c51a75a45.jpg8983ad8f7226d57626d07536d4a15a2a.jpg

Place where I stuck the bass knob.
7a2eb309877e51d0f855eda12f71b7e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh, and just so you know, if you wanna continue using that fold out floor if you have it, you’ll have to get with @BWL on how he raised his back seat to be able to have the floor sit right when it’s folded out.

OP
OP
AngryRams

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't have a fold out floor.

I'm currently running a Kenwood xr 601-1 amp so that should be perfect. Now to see if I can make this happen. I really need to dump this w6 beforehand though.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
The only complaint I have heard about the various stealth boxes is their price...JL loves their products but I see nothing wrong with that. With customer service, and R&D...JL has nailed it, and it's worth the price. When it comes to a 'turn key' sub stage, it's tough to beat.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only complaint I have heard about the various stealth boxes is their price...JL loves their products but I see nothing wrong with that. With customer service, and R&D...JL has nailed it, and it's worth the price. When it comes to a 'turn key' sub stage, it's tough to beat.

Yeah, at pretty much a thousand bucks a pop, it ain’t cheap by no means. I only gave $650 for the fully loaded MTX Thunderform enclosure that was in my old Ram, that came complete with two subs and it’s own internal amp, but it wasn’t nothing- compared to this. Comparing that MTX Thunderform system to a JL Audio Stealthbox is like comparing a 9mm to a 44 Magnum. Lol.

A grand seemed reasonable to me considering that you’re paying 500 for the box, and pretty much damn near $500 for the two subs they put in that box.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When you consider a custom fiberglass box will cost around $500... its not that bad of a deal at all.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know one thing tho, I can’t crank mine up with the motor shut off or the when the bass hits, the low-voltage safety kicks in and shuts the amp down momentarily.

I guess it could be due to the fact that my battery cables for the truck itself could possibly be smaller than the 4 gauge wire used to connect power and ground to the amp. JL Audio recommends upgrading to bigger cable if your factory cables are smaller in size for proper current loop.

I dunno, anybody know right off hand what size wire they used at the factory?