Install of oem tow hooks on a 14 Express

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ulemon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey I called up my local metal fabricator and he was wanting a '.dxf' file format since that is what his cad software used, does anyone know if there exists a '.dxf' version? Or if anyone is still selling them?
does anyone know the towing specs with these brackets? e.g. 10,000 lb or whatever, I was looking to get a 12,000 lb warn winch so I was wondering if these brackets would be okay

I managed to answer my own questions:

According to the Amazon listing these tow hooks have a capacity of 5,500 lb each

I also managed to convert the cad files to '.dxf' format for my local fabricator's machine. I made dxf files for several years since I didn't know the age of his machine. I put in dxf files for 2000, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2018 (and 'R12 LT2' whatever that is, I think its super old but I don't know which year that corresponds to) so hopefully these can help someone else who needs dxf files

DXF files location 1:
Google Drive

DXF files location 2 (incase the first link doesn't work):
Mega Upload

Rasworld84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
emails outbound

Emails outbound. If its not in your inbox, check your spam folder.

My email address is from the ancient Microsoft Network, which no longer exists. Grandfathered in by Hotmail, as such it ends up in the spam folder a lot. If you don't see it in your inbox or spam folder at all, verify that you sent me the correct email address, as typos do sometimes happen.
O
Thanks to @Ken226 I was able to grab his pdf files, scale them on the printer, and use them as a template to create my own brackets which worked out perfectly. It took $50 worth of carbide blades and at least 4 hours of my time to work the 3/16" angle iron with saws and a drill press, but in the end turned out exactly as I had hoped. Used OEM hooks from ebay which I sand blasted and repainted. Thanks to everyone on this thread for paving the path !

View attachment 241468

View attachment 241469

View attachment 241470

View attachment 241471

tmCjCxDanaEk8bVG7

View attachment 241472
You did a great Job! How did you get the template print outs at full scale?

Uncle Damo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It was trial and error. I printed at a zoom level then measured on the print until an 8" dimension actually was 8", as an example. Once that was calibrated it all fit perfectly.