Jba Headers, no y pipe??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SavageShy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just got a screaming deal on some jba headers, but now i cant find a y pipe to go with them. The jba y pipe has been discontinued. What have you guys done about this? I have the ability to weld and do some fabrication, but i really dont wanna have to start from scratch with all those tight bends.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I just got a screaming deal on some jba headers, but now i cant find a y pipe to go with them. The jba y pipe has been discontinued. What have you guys done about this? I have the ability to weld and do some fabrication, but i really dont wanna have to start from scratch with all those tight bends.

I think i heard somebody say they'd found a close match to the JBA midpipe included with a set of cheap Chinese knock-off JBA's. Might be an avenue to research,see if you can find a set of Chinese long tubes that look similiar to a set of JBA's that include a midpipe. Just a thought.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Why not go xpipe?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk all grammar errors brought you by fat fingers and auto correct.

OP
OP
S

SavageShy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive seen the chinese ones, however thanks to covid 19 i cant find them in stock anywhere in america. I have considered an x pipe, but i dont like the way they sound on a truck, and mine is just single exhaust anyway so i would have to redo my entire exhaust. If anybody has a jba y pipe, or one of the chinese ones laying around id be more than happy to buy it off of them. I am about ready to just install the headers anyway and try to figure out how to reuse the factory y pipe for now

OP
OP
S

SavageShy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you remember who it was that mentioned the chinese y pipes? Id be curious to know how well they fit in case i can find one somewhere

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

my whole copy and paste didnt show up but it was found at auto anything

OP
OP
S

SavageShy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No, that one is for the 3rd gen trucks. Most of the bends are wrong. This is the one for 4th gen trucks. I emailed JBA and it seems they have no intention of making more. Which is strange, i would think theyre totally killing header sales by doing that

Screenshot_20200627-100214_Chrome.jpg

MidwestJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wonder why jba discontinued their Y pipe????

Doesn’t magnaflow do a Y pipe ?

I’ve got a Y on mine but cannot recall who mfg it. Got it for like $30 back in 2011? I’m pretty sure magnaflow made it

Last edited:

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No, that one is for the 3rd gen trucks. Most of the bends are wrong. This is the one for 4th gen trucks. I emailed JBA and it seems they have no intention of making more. Which is strange, i would think theyre totally killing header sales by doing that

View attachment 214491

that one looks about the same as the one on my truck ,which is ARH. try them and see if it works

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

View attachment 214491

weird, i put in 2014 and thats the one that came up for them

OP
OP
S

SavageShy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just emailed ARH and asked if theyd sell me just the y pipe. It looks close enough that it would be easy to make it work. My headers came with collector flanges so no biggie there. Thanks for the idea

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Matt @ Moes Performance got an ARH y-pipe for my ARH headers.
They are a 2pc setup.......midpipe/y-pipe
I'm thinking the 8-speed difference in p/n will just be the 8 in place of the 6

Code Item Qty Price Grand Total
ARH-6SP-NC ARH Y-pipe w/o cats for 6sp Ram 1500
1 $600.00

Last edited:

Niteboss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think i heard somebody say they'd found a close match to the JBA midpipe included with a set of cheap Chinese knock-off JBA's. Might be an avenue to research,see if you can find a set of Chinese long tubes that look similiar to a set of JBA's that include a midpipe. Just a thought.

OP
OP
S

SavageShy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ended up ordering this. The ARH piece looks good, but i only payed $400 for coated headers, no way am i spending 600 on a y pipe. I think i can cut and re angle the right side and make this work. I believe this is for kooks headers. I will be sure to post back whether i can make it work or not

Screenshot_20200709-120513_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
S

SavageShy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For those who are following this, i ended up buying gun stuff on a wild hair, so i am shelving this project for a few weeks. I will update when i install the headers and start making some progress

OP
OP
S

SavageShy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok guys, finally making some progress. The chinese Y pipe which appears to fit finally came back in stock TODAY. I ordered one along some other exhaust stuff. So far im into it just over $600 for coated headers, and my homedone catback. I will update once i have time to install it all and get you guys some sound clips.

OP
OP
S

SavageShy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update: headers are installed. It was fairly smooth other than having to cut the exhaust pipe off the y pipe, and having to stop and make a welder extension cord so i could weld a nut to the one broken stud. Several were just missing completely. Y pipe will be in tomorrow, and ill let you all know how it works out.