Led headlight HELP please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Malibu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I have bought 4 different sets of lights off amazon all of which had the can bus adapters but i still have had no luck being able to get them to stay on they flicker and then go out after a bit what am i doing wrong? All models were plug and play . Questions comments advice any help is appreciated as i can figure this problem out for the life of me

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Heard nothing but good things about these guys.

Another option is Diode Dynamics. There SL1 bulb is made for both halogen and projector lights

I can't speak to Diode Dynamics quality, beam pattern or brightness , but I am sure it is adequate

I have gotten switchback signals, Hi and lows from HR at discounted prices by simply asking

All of then have been spot on and insanely bright with beam patterns that mimic factory bulbs.

What exactly have you heard? and what is your source of that information ? pretty vanilla statement ...........

This is long but a fun watch

Install for High and lows, the highs are a PITA cause the pins suck, had to get new pins for mine

Here is the Switchback install

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I can't speak to Diode Dynamics quality, beam pattern or brightness , but I am sure it is adequate

I have gotten switchback signals, Hi and lows from HR at discounted prices by simply asking

All of then have been spot on and insanely bright with beam patterns that mimic factory bulbs.

What exactly have you heard? and what is your source of that information ? pretty vanilla statement ...........

This is long but a fun watch

Install for High and lows, the highs are a PITA cause the pins suck, had to get new pins for mine

Here is the Switchback install

I think maybe you misunderstood what I was saying. I was praising HR. I think any company that takes the time to make how to videos for everyone is a solid choice.

I simply mention diode dynamics as another option.

For me I like to research as much as possible so that I know I've made a solid choice in the parts I choose.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
I did misunderstand, I dealt with Anthony, Not sure if he is still there, but if so he is a good guy

Like I said I have not seen anything Diode Dynamics has put out

I know a lot of guys on here use opt7 bulbs with mixed results, some love them some don't

They don't do very well in the shoot out

Dangulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did misunderstand, I dealt with Anthony, Not sure if he is still there, but if so he is a good guy

Like I said I have not seen anything Diode Dynamics has put out

I know a lot of guys on here use opt7 bulbs with mixed results, some love them some don't

They don't do very well in the shoot out

No worries. When I do a search via the internet the OPT7 always tops reviews for 2018 led bulbs.

LED lighting is the future and the bulbs are getting better and better.

What would be sick is if a company like morimoto just made an entire headlight replacement assembly like they do the ford's.

I'm going to purchase the morimoto LED fogs soon :D

All good info though! I'm sure some guys who only read these forums instead of post can benefit from the options discussed

nekkidhillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I have bought 4 different sets of lights off amazon all of which had the can bus adapters but i still have had no luck being able to get them to stay on they flicker and then go out after a bit what am i doing wrong? All models were plug and play . Questions comments advice any help is appreciated as i can figure this problem out for the life of me

buy the diodes that go between the plugs

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
You need pwm modules. Most confuse this with canbus/diode resistors. Even the sellers, I think they know buy they lump everything under canbus. Stay away from The sellers who don't know the difference. I have xenon depot and HR pwm modules. Haven't installed them yet.

Ramdave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed The Diode Dynamic SL1 LED headlight bulbs in my halogen projectors, great beam pattern, good hot spot and bright white color, pleasantly surprised! Also installed the DD switchback LED boards, now have bright white DRL's,(after BCM flash), white running lights and very bright amber turn signals, very pleased and easier to install than I thought. Kudos to Diode Dynamics for they're quality and customer service. Looking at installing they're footwell RGB LED Kit next.