Lets Get a Straight Answer on the Synthetic Oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
PNUTLT1

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What does everyone say about K&N oil filters for our trucks?
Or is the Royal Purple filter better than the K&N oil filter?

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
^^^^Maybe 3000 miles by the end of this season (Oct 15ish) and will do lol Oh 999 posts

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Just one more tank boy you get a badge.

KarL45

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express quad cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 MDS
With 25k on my 2014 and still using the Penzoil 0w40 and Mopar filter, only once have I had the tick. Was parked on a hill for over 24 hours and had the tick for about 5 seconds. Personally, kind of wonder about the filter being some of the problem for those with the initial start up tick. Possible letting the oil drain back??? Also, and not sure why, but seems that for years, having a slight lifter noise seemed to correspond with oil that is past it's additive life and contaminated. Just my observations over the years.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
With 25k on my 2014 and still using the Penzoil 0w40 and Mopar filter, only once have I had the tick. Was parked on a hill for over 24 hours and had the tick for about 5 seconds. Personally, kind of wonder about the filter being some of the problem for those with the initial start up tick. Possible letting the oil drain back??? Also, and not sure why, but seems that for years, having a slight lifter noise seemed to correspond with oil that is past it's additive life and contaminated. Just my observations over the years.

So , how many miles do you have using 40 wt oil ?
I presume you've had no MDS issues ?

Edit , I just read your profile ... you have a 2500. With the 6.4 ...

My in-laws live in Colorado Springs, beautiful country !