Limited Tire Options What Should I get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So because of fk ing covid or whatever you want to blame it on, tires are super backordered right now. I'm getting another set and having it rolled into the loan on my PW so my wife doesn't kill me when I spend more on it later..... I want trail grapplers as I've ran them before and have been super happy with them but I also don't need to wait for several months. I live 300 miles from the dealer and don't trust anyone in my little town to mount tires on black rims without them fk ing the rims up.

They can get BFG KO2's without an issue. They're just soooo boring. I'm currently having them looking into BFG KM3's and some mickey thompsons. Pretty much everything else right now is backordered as far as thee eye can see. Anyone have any strong opinions on tires one way or another? I'll probably end up waiting to get trail grapplers but who knows. I'm still in B1 status on my truck so I'm guessing I'll have at least a month before I see it.

Udy2554

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I couldn’t get a replacement KM3 and went with the Yokohama Geolander X-MT! 35 12.5 17E2

They are wearing like iron! My 4 tires with 6000+ miles show no wear at all! The KM3s at 16,000 were down to 3-4/32s!D7064D93-C062-4AF9-8965-B6D987FDE559.jpeg35312DD6-85F5-40D6-8911-FFC8293D4003.jpegB77D7931-0D6F-443B-9052-614979A7CD99.jpeg2A89421E-D302-4EBB-B61C-5B4A2DE04DF8.jpegE00A7568-76BE-400D-97F6-F94856E0454F.jpeg

X-MT VS KM3

Last edited:

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
So because of fk ing covid or whatever you want to blame it on, tires are super backordered right now. I'm getting another set and having it rolled into the loan on my PW so my wife doesn't kill me when I spend more on it later..... I want trail grapplers as I've ran them before and have been super happy with them but I also don't need to wait for several months. I live 300 miles from the dealer and don't trust anyone in my little town to mount tires on black rims without them fk ing the rims up.

They can get BFG KO2's without an issue. They're just soooo boring. I'm currently having them looking into BFG KM3's and some mickey thompsons. Pretty much everything else right now is backordered as far as thee eye can see. Anyone have any strong opinions on tires one way or another? I'll probably end up waiting to get trail grapplers but who knows. I'm still in B1 status on my truck so I'm guessing I'll have at least a month before I see it.
Nitto is a great tire. I'd wait until they are available, if you can.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
yeah I'm leaning that direction. They are available through discount tire right now but they can't get them through their supplier. Stupid.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I could but that doesn’t solve the rolling it into the loan problem.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
everyone is different, but no way would I roll tires into a truck loan.. what size tires are you looking for? Toyo makes and owns nitto and they are indeed made in the same factories, most truck tire sizes are made in Georgia.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
35 12.5 18. It’s just that I don’t feel like writing a check for another 2700 bucks.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
35 12.5 18. It’s just that I don’t feel like writing a check for another 2700 bucks.
Yea, but rolling them into a vehicle loan just means your gonna pay all that AND whatever the interest rate is on top of that, over the course of the loan. Not a wise financial decision, but do whatever you please.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
well duh. Why finance a truck if you are going that route. might as well pay cash. pretty sure the interest on a 1600 dollar set of tires isn't going to break me.

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Discount has best tires for you - Pathfinder A/T's super great, no waiting, right now anyway. Cheers

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
well duh. Why finance a truck if you are going that route. might as well pay cash. pretty sure the interest on a 1600 dollar set of tires isn't going to break me.
you essentially pay for that set of tires for the entire length of the term of your loan. It is not good financial sense. as the above poster said you do want you want but crazy to roll a set of tires up in a car loan. loan place will love you tho.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thats kind of like saying you'll pay cash for the bucket seat upgrade for your truck. It's just another add on. Who cares if it's tires or wheels or a tonneau or clearance lights. maybe you should call warn and pay cash for the winch before they ship it to the plant to be installed. Sorry just trying to make a point.

DRam2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had put nittos on my last truck and hated them in the rain. I just put cooper at3’s 295/70-18 on my 2500 ram only been on a couple of days so jury is out still.

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I’m trying to make a decision on tires now. When I purchased my 35” TOYO MTs in 2019 I paid 1200$ installed. I guess now I’m looking at double that in the current market. I don’t want to downgrade to a cheaper tire either. I was looking at a set of NITTO ridge grapplers that look pretty sick. Discount tire can get them easily. Does anyone have any input on the ridge grapplers? How to they handle in mud? Or should I just stick with the MT’s.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a co worker that has ridge grapplers. He loves them. For the type of driving I do I prefer an MT. My truck basically goes to and from my hunting shack. I'd rather have the benefit of an MT than not. if I was putting on 20k a year all highway I'd probably go with an at but I just like the look of an MT. My current STT pros are great in deep snow but are awful on ice. I mean most Mts are but these are acceptionally bad. They also don't seem to be wearing well either compared to the trail grapplers.