Looking for transfer case shifter bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
I'm trying to find the rubber bushings for my transfer case shifter and was wanting to support you for supporting the Forum!

2012 RAM 2500, 408 CTD, auto transmission, manual floor shift transfer case

Thanks for the help!

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your inquiry. Can you message me your VIN please as I need to sort out which transfer case you have.

Thanks!

- Benny

OP
OP
PaulTGarrett

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your inquiry. Can you message me your VIN please as I need to sort out which transfer case you have.

Thanks!

- Benny

Hi Benny,

My VIN is 3C6UD5HL5CG100927 which the "VIN Decoder" shows me having an NV271. I'll need both bushings, one is kinda sorta still there, the other is gone. LOL

Thanks!

Paul

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Thanks Paul,

You are correct NVG271 however there does not seem to be any serviceable bushings available. See the attached doc for all available components. I think your gonna need the shifter assembly pictured below

upload_2020-4-17_16-5-6.png

- Benny

Attachments

• Shifter.pdf
    59.5 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
PaulTGarrett

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Thanks, Benny!

But since I need both bushings does that mean I would have to buy the transfer case shift lever, too? Buy both levers just to get the bushings? That's a bit on the outside. I know you're going to tell me yes, though. I went through the same thing with my '98's window regulator. Rollers went bad, couldn't buy just them for a buck a piece, had to buy the whole $250 regulator.

Ah well, I certainly do appreciate your time and effort to look that up for me! Guess I'll have to check around for a more "home brewed" solution.

Thanks!
P

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Thanks, Benny!

But since I need both bushings does that mean I would have to buy the transfer case shift lever, too? Buy both levers just to get the bushings? That's a bit on the outside. I know you're going to tell me yes, though. I went through the same thing with my '98's window regulator. Rollers went bad, couldn't buy just them for a buck a piece, had to buy the whole $250 regulator.

Ah well, I certainly do appreciate your time and effort to look that up for me! Guess I'll have to check around for a more "home brewed" solution.

Thanks!
P

Hi Paul,

You are correct and I just came across these notes from FCA which confirm it as well:

For grommet (bushing) at transfer case, order p/n 5080227AA lever. For grommet at shifter, must order shifter p/n 52105551AB.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks,
-Benny