Manual Trans no longer available?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tsys100718

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I contacted my local dealer last week to ask when the 2019 2500/3500 would be available for dealer ordering. I was told that they could order one right away, so I drove to Autonation South in Columbus, GA and began placing my order. I got as far as the diesel engine and MANUAL transmission before my order was brought to a screeching halt. It turns out that even though the automatic transmission is an OPTION at additional charge, the higher minds at FCA have elected to NOT BUILD any 2500/3500 with a manual transmission, whether selecting gas OR diesel. Therefore FORCING a person to PAY for the automatic they may not want!
I hope that I am not the only potential RAM purchaser that would like a manual transmission. I was offered a 2018 at 10K off, but why would I buy a one model year old truck when I want a 2019? Unless I lived in a state like Missouri, or Arkansas, that has ridiculous personal property taxes.
My current 2017 1500 has the hemi and the automatic. I bought it so my ex could drive it, ok! So I guess I'll run it until the wheels fall off. Of course by then I will be LONG dead and buried.

Moterhd

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Two dealers told me no manual transmission option for 2019.