Might be saying goodbye to the Power Wagon.........for a Ford Tremor F350. Maybe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well I'll find out in the next few days if I'm going to be getting rid of my truck. I find myself towing a bit more now and have looked into an F350 Ford Tremor. The F350 simply because tabs are cheap in MN. I'm getting a bit sick of FCA customer service and honestly the new body style of the RAM just isn't doing it for me. But I'll see. If I swap over I might just do a new Wagon because the 8 speed will be a big improvement. Time will tell. If anyone has anything to say no problem at all. I'm all ears. If I do trade it'll be a little bit for the new one to make it here. In the mean time I do have some thuren goodies (springs and track bar) as well as their front Reservoir shocks that I'll need to unload. I'd be up for a trade for stock rims and tires too for my fuels if we can make that happen plus a few bucks. I'll let everyone know as this progresses or doesn't.

BowerPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I can't blame you. The tremor is a strong competitor to the power wagon. I strongly considered it before ordering my 75th anniversary. I was gonna test drive both and everything. The big reason I didn't is the ford quality is below ram in my opinion. I say that after just getting my truck back from the dealer for the second ram box lid replacement in 2500 miles. The new super duty interior looks pretty good plus ford includes the remote start and unlock from your phone for free unlike RAM charging for it.

I don't know how much you are towing but the new 8 speed in the rams should make a big difference, I believe 1st is lower plus having more ratios to stay in the power band. The ford 7.3 and 10 speed I hear is pretty good. If you're in to it you can get the diesel.

The tremor is slightly less off road capable and slightly more on road capable with a diesel engine option and sliffer springs. You can fix the spring problem on a power wagon. I don't know the problems you've been having with customers service but I doubt it's mutch better at ford but it could be. I like the new ram body though, it's got more sharp angles but still looks like a ram. I like the look from the back better than the front.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd trade for a tremor in a heartbeat. I’d do the 7.3 gasser if i were doing it. More power and loads more payload. Hey how much for the trackbar shipped to 59808? How many miles on it?

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
I’m considering the F350 with an 8’ bed myself. To carry a side by side. What I’m seeing in many places- CO and UT in particular- is roads and trails not maintained and heavily eroded by SxS traffic. If you can’t beat ‘em, join’em… Maybe.

The only thing I dislike about the Tremor is Ford marketing forces you to buy the higher trim levels to get a mechanical package. That sucks.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i wanted the Tremor but couldn't find a single one in western canada.finally ended up in the Power Wagon.why no winch in a Tremor? can't even begin to wonder how much $ it cost to have one installed.winch is a must have for me.i just sold my other ram 2500 and don't miss it.the roads in my area will beat you up bad in an h/d truck,not in the p/w.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i wanted the Tremor but couldn't find a single one in western canada.finally ended up in the Power Wagon.why no winch in a Tremor? can't even begin to wonder how much $ it cost to have one installed.winch is a must have for me.i just sold my other ram 2500 and don't miss it.the roads in my area will beat you up bad in an h/d truck,not in the p/w.
A hidden winch behind the bumper is a factory option. Wanna say its like $3000.

BowerPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I forgot about that! Another big reason I didn't like the ford was the pricing. It is so over priced. 3 grand for a winch is a lot. A f250 lariat tremor with the black appearance package was around $65,000 (not including winch). A similarly equipped power wagon would be 60,000.

The tremor package price includes running board, tires and wheels. The black appearance package price includes running boards, tires, and wheel. When you get the black package with the tremor package, together they total $8000, but the discount together is only $570 yet you payed for 8 wheels and tires, and 2 sets of running boards. The packages do not include the same type of wheel or running board.

horace33

Reaction score
Ram Year
97 dodge 18LARAMIE
Engine
318 5.7
SAW ONE IN TOWN @ fORD ALWAYS WONDERED WHY NO ONE USED THAT NAME

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
If I were towing a lot, and heavy, I'd go diesel in in 3/4 or 1 ton. OTOH, diesel easily adds $8-10K or more to sticker.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Factory option but installed at the dealership. 6004DC4D-E01D-43B5-9F85-060FF67B5943.jpeg

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Couldn't do it. Ordered a 22 Power Wagon. The interior sucks on the Fords and honestly aside from the wicked front end the rest of the F350 looks like a box. I wanted to like it. I even had one close to being ordered today but I changed my mind at the last minute. I would have had to redo all my suspension and crap too. There are benefits such as being able to do 5th wheel. The motor is awesome but it gets awful gas mileage for a 10 speed. The panoramic sunroof is nice. I'm assuming they'll change the Ram next year but I'm going to take advantage of the high trade in. I ended getting around 3500 off sticker. I was going to go with a level 3 but they said it couldn't be ordered it. I actually place the order tomorrow. I"m debating on what color to do. Green white or black.

I'm doing the level 2, buckets 12 inch screen and a few other goodies. None of that tech **** except the third brake camera and mainly because it's black and it's a ***** to add after the fact. I'm ditching the ram box so I can get my wheeler in it.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Green. Since it’s not mine haha. I never saw a green PW in the flesh

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your a day away and still bouncing between 3 colors?! Lol

Damn i would have to wait for the level 3. Is there another interior color with the level 3 besides black?

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I couldn't even confirm it's black but i think so. the big deal between 2 and three is the headlights. There are some other badges and trim pieces and crap then the vertical bar grille. If I could get orange I'd be all over it. No go on 22.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I couldn't even confirm it's black but i think so. the big deal between 2 and three is the headlights. There are some other badges and trim pieces and crap then the vertical bar grille. If I could get orange I'd be all over it. No go on 22.
And the center council.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I saw a guy posted his build sheet/window sticker with the level 3 and it had black interior