Modifystreet headlight build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
1500ram12

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Received my replacement dust cover today. So headlights will be going back in tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice!

BTW, they said there is currently no way to purchase spare parts. Which sucks.

OP
OP
1500ram12

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Nice!

BTW, they said there is currently no way to purchase spare parts. Which sucks.

That does suck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
1500ram12

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
So for the past couple of days had to use my quads with supernova v3's and opt 7 Flux core in the highs. A comparison without pics because I suck at taking pic's.

The v3's are kinda in between the Hikari ultras and the katanas up to about the 20' range. The opt7 Flux core up to the 20' range along with the v3's are brighter than katanas and the Hi-Lense led's, but don't have the distance or the width of the katanas and Hi-Lense in the modifystreet headlights.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

RockyAEV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
These look so good! I would love to have a set of lights like this but do not possess the skills to make them work and look right. Is there a place that these can be ordered? What’s the cost on a set?

2018 Ram 2500 Tradesman
6.7L, G56

OP
OP
1500ram12

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
These look so good! I would love to have a set of lights like this but do not possess the skills to make them work and look right. Is there a place that these can be ordered? What’s the cost on a set?

2018 Ram 2500 Tradesman
6.7L, G56

Alpharex.com is where you can buy them. The v1 which I started with are $330. They have the upper drl's and lower is just turn signals. The v2 which are about $450 have upper and lower drl's and the lower is a sequential switchback turn signal. For the most part everything is plug and play. I would recommend using alphaobd to change your headlight settings to accommodate the led turn/park.

V1 come chrome or matte black or gloss black
V2 are only in black not sure if they have both matte and gloss.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

2018 Ram 2500 Tradesman
6.7L, G56

There is a retrofit company that will soon be offering these AlphaRex lights with all kinds of upgradable features, so keep an eye out for that to be available soon. Clear corners are one of the biggest things wanted for these lights but AlphaRex says they can’t do it, so that will also be an option to have installed at the time of the build. I can’t say anything else on this as the company I’m talking about is not a vendor but I’m sure you can find them if you search on google in a couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RockyAEV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is a retrofit company that will soon be offering these AlphaRex lights with all kinds of upgradable features, so keep an eye out for that to be available soon. Clear corners are one of the biggest things wanted for these lights but AlphaRex says they can’t do it, so that will also be an option to have installed at the time of the build. I can’t say anything else on this as the company I’m talking about is not a vendor but I’m sure you can find them if you search on google in a couple weeks.

Thanks for the heads up, when they come online hit me up [emoji1687]

2018 Ram 2500 Tradesman
6.7L, G56

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks for the heads up, when they come online hit me up [emoji1687]

2018 Ram 2500 Tradesman
6.7L, G56

Yea I can’t message you about them, I’ll get banned because like I said the company isn’t a vendor and I’ve been warned by mods so all I can say is that a company is making them and just search google in 3-4 weeks tops, you will find them if you search “custom retrofit AlphaRex headlights”. Thanks.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I should the innovative hid's delivered today to test and see if they are any better than the Hikaris

2018 2500 6.4L

Is this the set you got?

Innovited 35W AC Xenon HID Lights"All Bulb Sizes and Colors" with Slim Ballast - H7-6000K - Diamond White - 2 Year Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NCRMNFM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_FH0tDb6A4XE9B

ab87973ee8ad731d7596ca4aedab1506.jpg

If so, did everything fit inside the housing? There is a TON of room in the high beam area and also the area with the 3rd dust cap has a lot of room too.

Also, how well did they perform vs the Hikari led? I currently have the Hikari LED in my low beams and the color and brightness is nice, but the distance is nothing compared to the Morimoto 35w hid kit (when it worked, which was like, never lol).

My Innovited HID kit should be here tomorrow morning. I’m hoping it works with no issues and is brighter and further then the Hikari’s, which I’ll throw in my high beams if this Innovited HID kit works for the lows.

OP
OP
1500ram12

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Is this the set you got?

Innovited 35W AC Xenon HID Lights"All Bulb Sizes and Colors" with Slim Ballast - H7-6000K - Diamond White - 2 Year Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NCRMNFM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_FH0tDb6A4XE9B

ab87973ee8ad731d7596ca4aedab1506.jpg

If so, did everything fit inside the housing? There is a TON of room in the high beam area and also the area with the 3rd dust cap has a lot of room too.

Also, how well did they perform vs the Hikari led? I currently have the Hikari LED in my low beams and the color and brightness is nice, but the distance is nothing compared to the Morimoto 35w hid kit (when it worked, which was like, never lol).

My Innovited HID kit should be here tomorrow morning. I’m hoping it works with no issues and is brighter and further then the Hikari’s, which I’ll throw in my high beams if this Innovited HID kit works for the lows.

I did order the 35w kit along with the 55w kit. I ran the 55w for one night and felt they weren't much better than the Hikaris. Should have run them another night or two just to verify. Never installed the 35w kit so I can't say how they are.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I did order the 35w kit along with the 55w kit. I ran the 55w for one night and felt they weren't much better than the Hikaris. Should have run them another night or two just to verify. Never installed the 35w kit so I can't say how they are.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Hmmm interesting. Do you think it was the bulb that wasn’t better then the Hikari, or do you think it was the entire kit not being powerful/good enough? I’m wondering if I order some better bulbs and pair them with the Innovited kit, if the Innovited ballasts will be able to produce better light with a better bulb. I mean in theory they should, but you never know. I’ve never messed around with “cheaper” hid kits... ever. I’ve always used Morimoto or went with LED bulbs, so my experience and input on cheaper eBay/Amazon hid kits isn’t very high at the moment.

Oh wait I lied, I had the Opt7 hid kit, I forget which one cause they have a couple. But I installed that on my 2006 Ram and it never worked properly. It was before I knew anything about headlights and Canbus lol.

OP
OP
1500ram12

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Hmmm interesting. Do you think it was the bulb that wasn’t better then the Hikari, or do you think it was the entire kit not being powerful/good enough? I’m wondering if I order some better bulbs and pair them with the Innovited kit, if the Innovited ballasts will be able to produce better light with a better bulb. I mean in theory they should, but you never know. I’ve never messed around with “cheaper” hid kits... ever. I’ve always used Morimoto or went with LED bulbs, so my experience and input on cheaper eBay/Amazon hid kits isn’t very high at the moment.

Oh wait I lied, I had the Opt7 hid kit, I forget which one cause they have a couple. But I installed that on my 2006 Ram and it never worked properly. It was before I knew anything about headlights and Canbus lol.

It's hard to say really if it was the bulbs or ballast. It's possible adding a better bulb could make them brighter.

I've used 2 hid's before. 50w Morimoto which I had nothing but problems with on my 2010 but when they worked were awesome. Then a 35w kit from ddm on my 2015 and never had a issue but and were decent from what I remember. But rarely drove at night when I had that truck.

I'm still leary about hid's on ram truck's. I drive home at night so I don't want any issues (I know led's can have issues also, I've run cheap ebay through headlight revolution, but only had 1 led bulb crap out).

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It's hard to say really if it was the bulbs or ballast. It's possible adding a better bulb could make them brighter.

I've used 2 hid's before. 50w Morimoto which I had nothing but problems with on my 2010 but when they worked were awesome. Then a 35w kit from ddm on my 2015 and never had a issue but and were decent from what I remember. But rarely drove at night when I had that truck.

I'm still leary about hid's on ram truck's. I drive home at night so I don't want any issues (I know led's can have issues also, I've run cheap ebay through headlight revolution, but only had 1 led bulb crap out).

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

LMAO, I’m not surprised your Morimoto Kit was nothing but problems on your 2010. What were you using with the kit? Which type of relay or did you use the standalone canbus adapters? I’m curious what you were using that wasn’t working, because I have built plenty of retrofit quads and retrofit 13+ Projectors for customers who were installing them on 09-12 Ram 1500’s and I always used the Morimoto HID kits and either the Standalone Canbus Adapters or the normal HD Relay, whichever the customer preferred, and I only ever had one customer out of like 50+ (09-12 owners) who had an issue with his hid kit and he ended up swapping out the standalone adapters for the Morimoto HD H1 relay and it fixed his issues.... but me, personally, on my 2012 Ram 1500 the standalone adapters worked 2 years ago with the Morimoto xb35 hid kit and once every few months the HID’s wouldn’t turn in for a couple try’s then turned on but the standalone adapters worked for the most part. But this time around, they didn’t work and neither did the H7 HD Relay. My truck hates HID’s (atleast Morimoto brand as I have not tried any other brand yet so this Innovited kit will be the first hid kit I try in this truck that isn’t Morimoto).

Anyways, I love Morimoto products, but their HID kits suck. That’s my personal opinion, and I build lights for a living.

OP
OP
1500ram12

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
LMAO, I’m not surprised your Morimoto Kit was nothing but problems on your 2010. What were you using with the kit? Which type of relay or did you use the standalone canbus adapters? I’m curious what you were using that wasn’t working, because I have built plenty of retrofit quads and retrofit 13+ Projectors for customers who were installing them on 09-12 Ram 1500’s and I always used the Morimoto HID kits and either the Standalone Canbus Adapters or the normal HD Relay, whichever the customer preferred, and I only ever had one customer out of like 50+ (09-12 owners) who had an issue with his hid kit and he ended up swapping out the standalone adapters for the Morimoto HD H1 relay and it fixed his issues.... but me, personally, on my 2012 Ram 1500 the standalone adapters worked 2 years ago with the Morimoto xb35 hid kit and once every few months the HID’s wouldn’t turn in for a couple try’s then turned on but the standalone adapters worked for the most part. But this time around, they didn’t work and neither did the H7 HD Relay. My truck hates HID’s (atleast Morimoto brand as I have not tried any other brand yet so this Innovited kit will be the first hid kit I try in this truck that isn’t Morimoto).

Anyways, I love Morimoto products, but their HID kits suck. That’s my personal opinion, and I build lights for a living.

Just canbus adapters on the xb55 kit. Bought everything through JJ. Kept having ballast go. After the 4th one I gave up. JJ was great through the process. Think I had them about a year. Maybe less. It always started with one (usually the passenger side if I remember right) not firing up on start up. Then after a couple of tries would come on. Loved the output hated the reliability issues. Kind of put a sour taste in my mouth about hid's. Although I still want to find a good kit that has a similar output.

I forgot to mention that you can fit the innovative hid's kit into the headlight housing through the bottom cover.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

OP
OP
1500ram12

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
So would you say V2

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/202725310472

is the same setup as yours minus the HI-LENS LED high beams? Or would you say your upper and lower DRL boards are brighter?

Curious if I should buy V1 (the ones you got) and get TRS ‘s LED boards or if it makes more sense to buy the ones from the link above.

The v2 is essentially the same thing as mine. The V2 does have the tinted drl lenses. As far as how bright the drl's are compared to mine I don't know. I will say I wish I added a second strip to atleast the lower section.

It's a tough call on what to buy. Easiest thing is buy the v2's. If you want something a little different and possibly color match or at least customize to your liking then I'd go with the v1's

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Bigsnowman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
OP
OP
1500ram12

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Stage 2 of my alpharex/modifystreet 2019 style projector headlight build is under way. The low beam projectors should be delivered today (12/30) so I can figure out how to get them mounted and wired in. But of course we are having a mini ice storm so well see if they make it.

Stage 2 list of upgrades.

Low Beam
morimoto Mini H1 7.0 projectors
either using katana or auree led's

High Beam
morimoto Mini HB Led Highbeam projector

Added
Flexible Led Light Strip 2Pcs 24... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CTLFMZ3?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Into the upper and lower drl/turn as a backup.

I want to change the paint up but not sure what I want. I did repaint them because the clear I used gave them a slight brownish tint in the sunlight.

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman