Morimoto headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
I was told by morimoto that the tails are shipping with the headlights. I’m only waiting on the tail lights (have been for months ) as I ordered in Jan . Killin me on the wait .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel ya man. Been waiting since Nov lol

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was told by morimoto that the tails are shipping with the headlights. I’m only waiting on the tail lights (have been for months ) as I ordered in Jan . Killin me on the wait .

I had ordered both tails and the lights, in January I saw were this was heading and decided to cancel and “wait and see” before reorder

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
So just got off the phone with TRS, they said all the orders couldn't fit on one plane. Not sure what size plane they using but he said roughly 150 shipped sat, 200 shipped mon and a couple hundred Tuesday. He stated that there was over 700 preorders to fulfill. He couldn't tell me where I was at in the que tho. I might be an idiot but got a 2nd order placed. Only got 10% off this time but they did give me the rock lights and headlight film free so think it's a decent deal

Screenshot_20190403-150359_Email.jpg

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So just got off the phone with TRS, they said all the orders couldn't fit on one plane. Not sure what size plane they using but he said roughly 150 shipped sat, 200 shipped mon and a couple hundred Tuesday. He stated that there was over 700 preorders to fulfill. He couldn't tell me where I was at in the que tho. I might be an idiot but got a 2nd order placed. Only got 10% off this time but they did give me the rock lights and headlight film free so think it's a decent deal

View attachment 161501

Thanks for the update!!

Inside Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So how many people from the forums backed out so far?

I can see this thread spilled over into some other poor souls thread.

This amazes me. I can't believe there's not many people willing to stand up to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Not trying to be a downer for you guys but my god when are we going to start helping each other instead of giving Mori your hard earned cash to get get bent over.

Stand up one time and chances are it won't happen again..... At least from the same vendor.

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
So are we all getting rock lights?
I'd say it doesnt hurt to reach out and ask. Probably depends on when you ordered and how much your order was for. My orginal order was $1600 and I had ordered back in Nov. He originally offered me 10% in store credit so I asked instead could he just add the rock lights which they offer for $200. He agreed but still had to buy some of the other stuff myself like the controller for it, the magnets, and extensions since the rear wires are usually not long enough for a truck

I posted that cause I hope all the members on here get a little money back or some extra products in return for this wait. If they hadn't sweetened the deal in my case I was ready to cancel the order.

Hope that helps guys

Joemagnum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
If anyone gets a picture of the redone ones with the matte black post er up, curious to see the difference.

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
Not sure what they mean from this.. we havent had an official update in 4 weeks

Screenshot_20190405-073148_Facebook.jpg

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
The first 3 airplanes with the lights have arrived in the US. I think they have to pass through customs, then will arrive in ATL (TRS) for shipping.......ESTIMATED early next week. From there, the first rounds of these will start shipping out to customers. 40 have been slotted for RetroShop customers on this first round.

Last I heard, the remaining sets are still slated for arrival in the US in approx 2-3 weeks, and will follow the same movement as the first round.

Again.......all estimates. Things like customs.....can be a quick pass, or could take a few days to process there. Please keep that in mind!

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
The first 3 airplanes with the lights have arrived in the US. I think they have to pass through customs, then will arrive in ATL (TRS) for shipping.......ESTIMATED early next week. From there, the first rounds of these will start shipping out to customers. 40 have been slotted for RetroShop customers on this first round.

Last I heard, the remaining sets are still slated for arrival in the US in approx 2-3 weeks, and will follow the same movement as the first round.

Again.......all estimates. Things like customs.....can be a quick pass, or could take a few days to process there. Please keep that in mind!
Thanks for the update. Those first 3 planes had roughly 700 sets correct? Does that include tail lights? Or are the customers that ordered those gonna be delayed longer?

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Thanks for the update. Those first 3 planes had roughly 700 sets correct? Does that include tail lights? Or are the customers that ordered those gonna be delayed longer?

400-450ish heads. I don't have a clue on the tails, they are in the mix, but......to be honest, I'm more focused on the head right now.....of course, wanting both, but my focus on updates have been headlights.

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
Right just sucks if they dont ship the tails too tho cause then those of us that ordered both will just get skipped over and our headlights will be shipped to the next guy. Dont think that's right. They should be shipped out by order date regardless of complete order or not since that isnt our fault

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Right just sucks if they dont ship the tails too tho cause then those of us that ordered both will just get skipped over and our headlights will be shipped to the next guy. Dont think that's right. They should be shipped out by order date regardless of complete order or not since that isnt our fault

You are making assumptions.......I don't know how TRS is going to handle it. I know how I am......but thats irrelevant to your order ;)

In this case, TRS would be your best bet for any updates, as your order lies with them. I'm simply sharing what I've been told in the past few days.

Getting closer.......I know, it sucks......