Morimoto headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rambrawler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the same, a 2015 with quads, no issues yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I just noticed it a few days ago. They turn off a few seconds come back on for a little then go out and stay out but high beams work

OP
OP
Dejaclue

Dejaclue

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the vertical fog lights with mine but they didn’t come with resistors since there was no option to chose them when getting them with the headlights. I have two GTR lighting pwm modules. Think I could use those?

Mattyd926

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I think resistors are built in . I installed the xb dogs and have no problems whatsoever unlike the rest of my led without resistors

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
I got the vertical fog lights with mine but they didn’t come with resistors since there was no option to chose them when getting them with the headlights. I have two GTR lighting pwm modules. Think I could use those?
I think resistors are built in . I installed the xb dogs and have no problems whatsoever unlike the rest of my led without resistors

Resistors are not built in.

It depends on the year. I think 2013-2014 trucks will accept the fogs by themselves without issue. I know my 2014 does.

2015+ trucks got more picky with their electronics. You will probably want to use those PWM modules if they connect to the lights so you can avoid a bulb out error message. If they don't work then you'll want to order the resistor harness.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Resistors are not built in.

It depends on the year. I think 2013-2014 trucks will accept the fogs by themselves without issue. I know my 2014 does.

2015+ trucks got more picky with their electronics. You will probably want to use those PWM modules if they connect to the lights so you can avoid a bulb out error message. If they don't work then you'll want to order the resistor harness.

If the lows were set to LED with Alfaobd, would that solve his issues?

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If the lows were set to LED with Alfaobd, would that solve his issues?

No there is a setting for fogs to LED.

It should solve the issue once you set them to LED. I didn't have a bulb out error on my truck but Alfa was reporting a fault for the fogs when I checked. I switched it to LED and the fault went away.

Personally I am not going to reference Alfa anymore unless the person has Alfa already and they are asking if it has the functionality to do what they are asking.

Reactions: JB1
OP
OP
Dejaclue

Dejaclue

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tested one of the fogs by unplugged the factory light and pulled the wiring out so I could plug it in the new one. Ran the truck for about a minute with no bulb warnings and lights worked fine

wvmountaineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport Night
Engine
5.7 hemi
Houston we have a problem. My lights came yesterday evening, tried installing today and I have a dead passenger side. Headlights are the only thing that works on it. No park or signals. To confirm it was the light, plugged stock projector back in, and it worked. Plugged drivers side XB into passenger and it worked, leaving only the passenger light as the culprit. Checked and rechecked connections to no avail.

Last edited:

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Houston we have a problem. My lights came yesterday evening, tried installing today and I have a dead passenger side. Headlights are the only thing that works on it. No park or signals. To confirm it was the light, plugged stock projector back in, and it worked. Plugged drivers side XB into passenger and it worked, leaving only the passenger light as the culprit. Checked and rechecked connections to no avail.

Sounds like you need to contact whoever sold you the lights.

wvmountaineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport Night
Engine
5.7 hemi
Sounds like you need to contact whoever sold you the lights.

Yeah, I shot off an email to them, but Lightwerkz is a Mon thru Fri operation, so it will Monday to hear back at the earliest. Just a little disgusted after the long ass wait, to get a unit that doesn't fracking work, and gonna have to wait who knows how long to get a replacement.

Reddington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You would think after the initial rollout issues that these would be QC’d and be delivered without issue.

OP
OP
Dejaclue

Dejaclue

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You would think after the initial rollout issues that these would be QC’d and be delivered without issue.
With any product, there are going to be some failures. Most companies know their failure rate and life cycle before they put a product out. For us consumers, it’s the luck of the draw, sometimes you get the lemon.

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, I shot off an email to them, but Lightwerkz is a Mon thru Fri operation, so it will Monday to hear back at the earliest. Just a little disgusted after the long ass wait, to get a unit that doesn't fracking work, and gonna have to wait who knows how long to get a replacement.

Yeah it sucks but happens. Guess that's why there is a 5 year warranty. Once their supply catches up I am sure replacements are going to be easily had. For you I hope they'll have one or a set ready to help you out.

WVRam68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
d3d874eb81ba0b483a48739532e74f75.jpg
This is only install pic of have, can get you some better if you like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just looking for some on truck.

full

full