Motor swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank A Guerra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F first thank you new here I will coordinate have a 5.9 liter engine gas ani am putting a 5.9 liter gas engine into my 03 Dodge Dakota that had a 4.7 liter engine in there what would I need to change everything out to make it fit I do have the transmission for the 5.9 and I have the PCM do I have to change out the whole wiring .if it is going to be too much of a problem would it be better if I just put it in my 06 Dodge ram 1500 that had a 4.7 also any information will be a great help I want to get that truck back on the road

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
LMAO....you're not gonna make either of those options work even remotely easily. 5.9/360 and 4.7 are totally different engine families, use totally different electronics and totally different transmissions.

OP
OP
F

Frank A Guerra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lmao .well I took out the 360 out of the Dakota an put it in my 05 ram 1500...I got the wire harness for it but there a different pig tail connection where u plug it under the driver side .does anyone know the color wires for the fuel pump.i had a 4.7l in there...

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk