Mud Flaps Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WFO2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have my choices narrowed down to two brands Weathertech and Huskly .Which do you guys recommend ? Most of my driving is in the city hoever we have 300 acres of family land that I drive to on a regular basses . Just want some rock protection because when I get there I use a UTV to get around . Was wondering about ease of instalation and which is more strudy . Thanks for your Input .

OP
OP
W

WFO2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry think I double posted with Different titles . Please forgive and old guy .

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
From one old guy to another, you're forgiven. :D

The main reason I clicked on this thread is because I was curious as to what "Mud Laps" are :p

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looked at them both online and went Husky since I could have them to my door in two days. Super easy install and they look great and protect the truck really well.

RDNKB34R

Reaction score
From one old guy to another, you're forgiven. :D

The main reason I clicked on this thread is because I was curious as to what "Mud Laps" are :p
I'm curious myself....nothing on Amazon about " mud laps" ....do they help with MPG?

( its sarcasm )

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm curious myself....nothing on Amazon about " mud laps" ....do they help with MPG?

( its sarcasm )
Going downhill with tail wind? LOL...

I have Weathertech on MY 19, and Husky floor mats. Both are about the same more or less. But they R slightly stiff plastic. If U were to do a lot of field travel, a more "rubber" based flap may be a preference, more bend for the ounce. IMHO...

RDNKB34R

Reaction score
Going downhill with tail wind? LOL...

I have Weathertech on MY 19, and Husky floor mats. Both are about the same more or less. But they R slightly stiff plastic. If U were to do a lot of field travel, a more "rubber" based flap may be a preference, more bend for the ounce. IMHO...
That reminds me of my first car, an 86 ****** 5 speed.

2016Bighorny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Husky brand guards on my 2016, they're great. Been on for about 3-1/2 years and look just like when I installed them.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I put Huskys on my 2019 classic last Fall. They're not pretty or cool looking, but I wish I had installed them earlier given the countless number of stone chips I have down the rocker panels on my truck.

These Huskys require you remove the hard plastic factory guards and install pre cut sections of clear 3M tape between the flap and the painted surfaces. IIRC, the rears required you drill one hole through the plastic wheel well liner, but you can almost shove the screws right through it's so easy. Lining up the 3M tape was the trickiest part for me and my ham fists.

XkatwcRl.jpg
AKbF0Uul.jpg