Mudflap, no mudflap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bendirkss

bendirkss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought some Husky's for mine, but we'll see what they look like... I had some OEM on my Ford and loved them. Mines a DD in the Midwest though.

Where did you buy them?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I hate hate hate the way mud flaps look.
But I bought a set of factory take offs and love how I don't constantly hear rocks tearing up my rockers.

Flat rubber ones look cheap IMO.

OP
OP
bendirkss

bendirkss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hate hate hate the way mud flaps look.
But I bought a set of factory take offs and love how I don't constantly hear rocks tearing up my rockers.

Flat rubber ones look cheap IMO.

Can you post a link for those?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Fly'n Family

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Yeah it looks great I just don't wanna chip everything up

I really like the look of no mudflaps. That being said, I noticed after going through a wet spot on the road just how much get's slung at the rockers and side of the truck. Odds are I will get a full set put on in order to protect from FOD damaging the paint. If/when I get them - it'll probably be the weathertec variety as I like the idea of not drilling into the truck.

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
I'd say no, but it really comes down to type of roads you go on the most. With my past off-roading 4x4's = YES, but with the road only Ram = NO.

dsent

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab Laramie
Engine
6.7 cummins diesel
Hello Guys,

I have weather tech flaps on my truck. I have had mud flaps on my last 4 trucks of different brands.

I like the look of the weather techs,they use the same factory screw holes.

Here is a pic of my 2500.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-PbAqfOPU7jM/UJb6dPfxfiI/AAAAAAAAA-0/_iWYM6B7e7A/s640/IMG_3567.JPG

Nerf bars removed and Amp power steps installed, the chrome strip you see below the rocker is the step.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-8Pi7duYmRk8/UU-olRNJ0lI/AAAAAAAABBQ/fB-r1G9UprM/s640/IMG_3651.JPG

Regards
Don

Last edited:
OP
OP
bendirkss

bendirkss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The weathertechs look nice. I dont have a muffler or a leveling kit yet, i think ill buy those before mud flaps

Sent from my Nexus 4

OP
OP
bendirkss

bendirkss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do the molded Mopar splash guards dig into paint?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Do the molded Mopar splash guards dig into paint?

yes. I have a chafing mark on my 11... were on it when I bought and now I can't take them off because of the damage.. plan is to add fender flares down the road to cover up everything.

OP
OP
bendirkss

bendirkss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yes. I have a chafing mark on my 11... were on it when I bought and now I can't take them off because of the damage.. plan is to add fender flares down the road to cover up everything.

So would weather tech flaps do the same thing? Id like rubber flaps but there a paint to line up and drill through the truck

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So would weather tech flaps do the same thing? Id like rubber flaps but there a paint to line up and drill through the truck

I have no idea. Others might chime in.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Nope! The weather techs don't 'wrap around' near as much, and where they would rub, they include a piece of clear bra to help offset the 'rubbing'.

I'm quite please with my Weathertechs. (new truck, new guards)

OP
OP
bendirkss

bendirkss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Would you mind posting a pic of yours ?

OP
OP
bendirkss

bendirkss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm gonna be rock guarding my rockers up to my doors and wheel wells so I'm not 100% sure I'll put flaps on yet

Unfused

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004, 2010
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6.7 Cummins

I had the chafing issue as well on my 2500. The damage was minor however on my truck any damage is to much and cannot be taken lightly so I took it to a body shop had them completely redo the entire area. I then brought my truck to a linex dealer and got all the rockers and under side all the way up to where the two tone ends done in linex. (Or something similar to linex) Once I was done that I also added fender flares. I think I have fixed the problem at least for now anyways.

The main reason I wrote this up is mainly in support of rocker guarding somehow. I think it looks absolutely amazing. Cheers!