Muffler ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RandyGallup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have 2015 with the 5.7 and single exhaust. If I want a muffler replacement do I need a center inlet center outlet muffler or what? Sorry not by my truck.

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you keep the factory tail pipe and DIY you will need center/offset or offset/offset depending on the muffler size. You will also need a 3" pipe and some 3" clamps. Ideally you should have a hanger welded to the muffler to help support everything.

For example the Flowmaster 50 HD center/offset, Magnaflow (22" 5x11) center/offset, Magnaflow (24",18",14" 5x8) offset/offset, Borla Pro XS (14" 4x9) offset/offset

There's direct kit available from Mufflex, they have 3 sizes depending on the sound level you want and used the Magnaflow 5x8 muffler (24",18",14")

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is anyone using this 14" Magniflow by B2 Fabrication? I just purchased this for my 2014 Limited, duals out the back and waiting on it to arrive. Any ideas on the change of tone with a 2.5" inlet to 5" outlet exhaust tip? I was told to change out the factory tips but I don't really think I'd see that much of a difference and I am concerned about 5" tips rattling against the bumper, any thoughts? If you are using this muffler, how is the sound, I was told no drone in the cab if I use factory resonators and tailpipes. My wife is also concerned it will be too loud but I told her I'm not changing the exhaust on her CRV so she can continue to drive that!

s-l1600.jpg

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sounds amazing, now just have to figure out what I am going to do for new exhaust tips. I noticed after me and my buddy got it all back together that the factory tips are in under the bumper about an 3/4 on an inch which can probably be rectified by loosening up the clamps and wiggling things apart but I don't feel like going through all that at this point. I'm just going to make some nice tips myself when I have some time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01