Mufflers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flryder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, I had a Magna Flow muffler installed on my truck and it is not too loud until I tow my camper trailer with the truck. When I tow I get a loud drone on the interstate. What I would like to know is can any one recommend a performance muffler that won't drone while pulling a camper at interstate speeds (70ish in Florida)? See below for the specs on my Ram.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hi, I had a Magna Flow muffler installed on my truck and it is not too loud until I tow my camper trailer with the truck. When I tow I get a loud drone on the interstate. What I would like to know is can any one recommend a performance muffler that won't drone while pulling a camper at interstate speeds (70ish in Florida)? See below for the specs on my Ram.
Which Magnaflow muffler did you install?

Is it dumped underneath or do the tail pipes come out the back?

You could install a short resonator behind the muffler to help with the drone.

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
Install a short FTE resonator as far forward in the exhaust as you can. Or, replace the muffler with the long FTE. Either will take care of of your drone.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

Flryder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Which Magnaflow muffler did you install?

Is it dumped underneath or do the tail pipes come out the back?

You could install a short resonator behind the muffler to help with the drone.

It is a oval muffler, not one of the round ones. It is a center/offset inlet/outlet. It has 3 inch inlet/outlets. I can measure the body tomorrow.

OP
OP
F

Flryder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It is a oval muffler, not one of the round ones. It is a center/offset inlet/outlet. It has 3 inch inlet/outlets. I can measure the body tomorrow.

The system uses the original pipe exiting behind the rear wheel.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The system uses the original pipe exiting behind the rear wheel.
Okay. Like I said earlier along with @Ipennock, you can install a resonator to eliminate the drone or you could change mufflers all together but I'm guessing you won't like the sound of the quieter exhaust not.

One thing I do when pulling my camper with one of my Hemi trucks is get to a cruising RPM where I experience the drone and then I back off 200rpm or accelerate 100-200rpm to help with the drone.

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
This is why I haven’t pulled the trigger on a muffler yet, I definitely don’t want drone while pulling the camper