My First RAM - '17 Bighorn Crew Cab Hemi

What are some must-haves for RAM trucks?

• Leveling Kit / Lift Kit

• Light Bar

• Wheels & Tires

• Other...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gwuhesos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just posting these images here for a few reasons...

1) To show off my new truck!
2) To get some opinions on my truck and 'upgrade' choices (so far)
3) So I can come here periodically to gawk over my truck (and yours too!)

Enjoy! And if you come across this, make sure to make your presence known!

Thanks!

Sweet Front Shot-
IMG_8269 copy.jpg

Cool Shot!
IMG_1105 copy.jpg

This could be in a RAM catalog.
IMG_7140 copy.jpg

The reflection would make a cool graphic on the truck! What do you think?
IMG_8978 copy.jpg

OP
OP
gwuhesos

gwuhesos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Added a set of "OEM" front tow hooks... what do you guys think? Waiting on the OEM bezels and getting a new bumper put on... in case you were wondering why I would put the hooks on without the bezels... :) Installed them myself, and it only cost me 1 busted knuckle (plus parts - which I purchased on eBay for $130) Took about 2 hours to complete due to some technical issues... One of the issues being that the bumper was pushed in on the driver side and jammed the stock bezel, so I dremeled it in half (only logical thing to do). If you look close (right above the driver side hook - there is a small kink in the bumper) Lucky for me, the dealership is replacing it for FREE.

tow-hooks.png

OP
OP
gwuhesos

gwuhesos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was looking for a good tonneau cover for the truck... ordered an extang brand, only to find out a week later they were out of stock (love mom and pop shops) and was offered this one instead... LEER Latitude Tri-Fold cover... Here's my two cents on it, for what it's worth... Unless I am missing something, the engineers who thought this one up could have done a bit better, it looks a little awkward on the truck and I have repositioned it several times (after professional installation) to see which position it sits most flush with the truck. Needless to say, I am not thrilled with the "seal" that is creates. Could be the truck and the way it is angled, but this cover has much to be desired. Maybe it should come with a thicker, more robust gasket that allowed a better, water proof seal... Here's the cover... I think it looks alright... and it beat spending $1,200 on a hard tri-fold, like I was considering... (spent $400 installed)

tonneau-cover.png

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you're new then welcome to the Ram Forum (I see a July joined date), and looks like you're already on your way with "adds". Regarding the Tonneau cover; I had the BakFlip FiberMax and really liked it but Colorado hail beat it up something good, and it was pretty heavy. So, I went back to my original cover that I had stored in the garage which was a Lund Tri-Fold and still like that one too. The good think about the Lund is that they warranty it for about everything except tears/rips in the material.

OP
OP
gwuhesos

gwuhesos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you're new then welcome to the Ram Forum (I see a July joined date), and looks like you're already on your way with "adds". Regarding the Tonneau cover; I had the BakFlip FiberMax and really liked it but Colorado hail beat it up something good, and it was pretty heavy. So, I went back to my original cover that I had stored in the garage which was a Lund Tri-Fold and still like that one too. The good think about the Lund is that they warranty it for about everything except tears/rips in the material.
Thanks Salty. Thanks for the insight... Same here with the LEER, it has a lifetime warranty on everything except for the material itself... Overall I like it a lot, it could just be better as far as fitment for flush mounting. So far it is treating me well, so it shall stay mounted for a while. See you around!