My Jay Greene Cam job is.. uggh, done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Olkutty

Olkutty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You could try Ryan Hogan/Flying Ryan,but Ryan only tunes via HP
Contacted him also.. It’s my understanding HP is the best route to go, but I’d have to send my pcm off, and blah blah.. $1500 later, another tune.. It may be my last resort though.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Contacted him also.. It’s my understanding HP is the best route to go, but I’d have to send my pcm off, and blah blah.. $1500 later, another tune.. It may be my last resort though.

Why would you have to send your pcm off? It's unlocked already if you're flashing it.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I wrote $1200 off on Jay,never again will he touch my stuff.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
If Diablo unlocked it,you're buggered as Diablo is locking their unlocked PCM's to their tuners,so you can't use HP on their unlocked PCM's.

Are you mistaking locked tunes for locked PCM's?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Diablo are **** for doing that.
To many people were discovering Diablo's tuners left alot to be desired and were switching to HP,by locking their unlocked PCMs to their tuners,they were gauranteeing more people would stick with them,then spend the money for another unlocked PCM. Rick Tapp at Tapped Performance is unlocking them and has a decent rep of tuning the Chrysler platform these days

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Are you mistaking locked tunes for locked PCM's?
Nope if Diablo unlocked it,you can't just switch to HP and use a Diablo unlocked PCM.They've figured out how to lock their unlocked PCMs to their tuner.It's been pretty common knowledge for a couple years now.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Nope if Diablo unlocked it,you can't just switch to HP and use a Diablo unlocked PCM.They've figured out how to lock their unlocked PCMs to their tuner.It's been pretty common knowledge for a couple years now.

So you return the vehicle to stock. Then load an HP tune. Tuners can lock their tunes all day so it keeps it proprietary. IE you and I cannot change it without the tuners password.

You got a link to this common knowledge?

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
returning the vehicle to stock tune dosent change the fact that Diablo unlocked your PCM and made it their own...

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
So you return the vehicle to stock. Then load an HP tune. Tuners can lock their tunes all day so it keeps it proprietary. IE you and I cannot change it without the tuners password.

You got a link to this common knowledge?
You can read the tune,but you can't write to it

Last edited:

6speed4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
returning the vehicle to stock tune dosent change the fact that Diablo unlocked your PCM and made it their own...
Could you send a previously unlocked Diablo PCM to HP and have them make it their own?

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
You can read the tune,but you can't write to it

Exactly as I suspected. Yet again you don't know what your talking about.

You really should grasp a fundamental understanding of how technology works before telling people they have to drop money that they don't. It's simply costly info you're giving out in regards to this topic.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Exactly as I suspected. Yet again you don't know what your talking about.

You really should grasp a fundamental understanding of how technology works before telling people they have to drop money that they don't. It's simply costly info you're giving out in regards to this topic.
How does that prove your point? You can't throw an HP Tune on the locked Diablo ECU, not sure what you're trying to get at here.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Could you send a previously unlocked Diablo PCM to HP and have them make it their own?

When you return a vehicle to stock you're removing the tuner software (HP Tuners, Diablo, SCT etc). As long as the person performing the process is successful you can marry the pcm to different tuning software.

If you make the mistake of trying to write a HP tune to a PCM already married to a Diablo tuned PCM you'll fail every time and waste your tokens.

You must remove the current written Diablo software, thus returning the vehicle back to stock. It is then ready to be flashed again.

Typing this out if you guys are paying them to remove the Diablo software because you cannot, would be your interpretation of having to unlock a PCM again.

Good day

6speed4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Best bet would be to call HP at this point. Or ask FRP as he does unlocks as well now.
Thanks for the info
I’m just being lazy
Figured a phone call/email would ultimately get me the answer

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Best bet would be to call HP at this point. Or ask FRP as he does unlocks as well now.

You have zero idea what your talking about in regards to PCM's as well.

I agree with you though. Call someone since you don't have a grasp on the concept.