My Prerunner Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ttthiel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2016
Engine
5.7, 5.7
I know everyone is always drooling over prerunner builds so here you go. This is my build so far. It has a long way to go but gotta start somewhere and I thought I would show everyone my progress thus far and answer any questions if anyone has any. Right now I just finished the front end suspension using dirt kings lt kit. I am pulling 13.25 inches of travel with this kit right now. I am now onto mounting my front fiberwerx fenders and valence. My dirt king front bumper should arrive in a couple of weeks. My future plans are to put the GOR racing lt kit in the rear end without the bypass shocks for now. Hit me up with any questions or thoughts about the truck! Oh btw it is a 2010 ram 1500 slt and dont mind how dirty it is! IMG_0942.JPG IMG_0894.JPG IMG_0911.JPG IMG_0915.jpg IMG_0920.jpg

OP
OP
ttthiel

ttthiel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2016
Engine
5.7, 5.7
I know everyone is always drooling over prerunner builds so here you go. This is my build so far. It has a long way to go but gotta start somewhere and I thought I would show everyone my progress thus far and answer any questions if anyone has any. Right now I just finished the front end suspension using dirt kings lt kit. I am pulling 13.25 inches of travel with this kit right now. I am now onto mounting my front fiberwerx fenders and valence. My dirt king front bumper should arrive in a couple of weeks. My future plans are to put the GOR racing lt kit in the rear end without the bypass shocks for now. Hit me up with any questions or thoughts about the truck! Oh btw it is a 2010 ram 1500 slt and dont mind how dirty it is! View attachment 156135 View attachment 156136 View attachment 156137 View attachment 156138 View attachment 156139

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn She’ll be absolute beast.
How difficult is to install the Fiberwerks fenders, are they plug and play?

Also i've been looking at the dirt king bumper in pictures but i don't see a part# in their website, is the front valance needed with that bumper ? or needed because of the fenders ?

Are those the stock knuckle or the race ones?

Did you go with the long travel axelshafts? Are they plug and play?

Do the kit comes with shock bucket mounts I guess to accomdodate longer coilovers ? Are they plug and play or do you have to have them welded?

I also see the coilovers come preset at 3” lift, was that the case for your truck

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
looking good so far, anxious to follow the progress

OP
OP
ttthiel

ttthiel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2016
Engine
5.7, 5.7
Damn She’ll be absolute beast.
How difficult is to install the Fiberwerks fenders, are they plug and play?

Also i've been looking at the dirt king bumper in pictures but i don't see a part# in their website, is the front valance needed with that bumper ? or needed because of the fenders ?

Are those the stock knuckle or the race ones?

Did you go with the long travel axelshafts? Are they plug and play?

Do the kit comes with shock bucket mounts I guess to accomdodate longer coilovers ? Are they plug and play or do you have to have them welded?

I also see the coilovers come preset at 3” lift, was that the case for your truck

I do not believe the front valence is needed for the dk bumper. I only got it for the 4.5 inch buldge fenders. I am currently running stock knuckles for now. The axle are from dirt king and are much longer than stock, they are plug and play though. Seeing my truck is 4x4 I just used the stock shock bucket mounts. The 2wd kit requires a new mount to be fab'd onto the frame but my shocks were plug and play. I am also just keeping my coilovers at a 3" lift for now.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do not believe the front valence is needed for the dk bumper. I only got it for the 4.5 inch buldge fenders. I am currently running stock knuckles for now. The axle are from dirt king and are much longer than stock, they are plug and play though. Seeing my truck is 4x4 I just used the stock shock bucket mounts. The 2wd kit requires a new mount to be fab'd onto the frame but my shocks were plug and play. I am also just keeping my coilovers at a 3" lift for now.
Are those fenders plug and play as well ?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Awesome. A bunch of great parts going on there. Let us know if we can be of any help. We offer just about everything

OP
OP
ttthiel

ttthiel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2016
Engine
5.7, 5.7
Are those fenders plug and play as well ?

You have to drill holes for the fenders and use stock bolts to reattach the fender. On the passenger side i had to sand down the fender so the door could open and close without hitting it. The fenders line up ok but they are not as good as stock. I do have to say the driver side was a much nicer fit then the passenger side. The gaps between the hood, door, and headlight are not even on these fiberglass fenders but from what I hear it is extremely common for the fenders to not be perfect.

OP
OP
ttthiel

ttthiel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2016
Engine
5.7, 5.7
Here is an update on the truck. Fiberglass fenders and valence installed, new fuel wheels, and front bumper from dirt king installed. Truck sits about 3.25 inches higher than stock is my approximation. I could use some feedback about the rear suspension. I was going to run Gunnar Offroad kit but I decided against that due to the price. For what they want I could dang near do a custom rear end. So I am either going to do a custom short course rear end with relocation of control arms and bedcage and coilovers pulling 16-18 inches of travel. Along with all that a fuel cell and mounts for 37's or just go the easy and cheap route and run dirt king rear suspension pulling about 12.5 inches of travel. So give me some feedback and I would appreciate it! Finish the truck now with dirt king or wait a couple months and make this a real prerunner??

IMG_1085.JPG

IMG_1086.JPG

IMG_1083.JPG

IMG_1082.JPG

IMG_1081.JPG

autumnwalker

Reaction score
This truck looks so bad ass. I have no input on your rear suspension question, I just came for the pics.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
If you're goin full retard may as well wait and do it once. I hate saying that knowing you're gonna wanna run it, but I think you'll always wanna do it better which will cost more in the long run. If you're running a fuel cell anyway I wonder if you could run a double triangulated 4 link or trailing arms somewhat easily and a bed cage for mounts?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ttthiel

ttthiel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2016
Engine
5.7, 5.7
If you're goin full retard may as well wait and do it once. I hate saying that knowing you're gonna wanna run it, but I think you'll always wanna do it better which will cost more in the long run. If you're running a fuel cell anyway I wonder if you could run a double triangulated 4 link or trailing arms somewhat easily and a bed cage for mounts?

I would agree that the difficult part is waiting. The bed cage would be mounts for coilovers and I am meeting with a shop about a 4 link today to get some pricing but I am leaning toward short course due to it being a little cheaper and almost the same amount of performance on the dodges.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I would agree that the difficult part is waiting. The bed cage would be mounts for coilovers and I am meeting with a shop about a 4 link today to get some pricing but I am leaning toward short course due to it being a little cheaper and almost the same amount of performance on the dodges.
Will it be double triangulated or still run a track bar with just long arms? Hopefully they can get you a decent price, tho I assume the cost is all fab which always seems an open ended number until you are at the register. Doin air bumps tied into cage as well?

Doin ant driveline work? I assume you need a mild truss with how hard your looking to run this pig!!!

OP
OP
ttthiel

ttthiel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2016
Engine
5.7, 5.7
Will it be double triangulated or still run a track bar with just long arms? Hopefully they can get you a decent price, tho I assume the cost is all fab which always seems an open ended number until you are at the register. Doin air bumps tied into cage as well?

Doin ant driveline work? I assume you need a mild truss with how hard your looking to run this pig!!!

Probably the track bar with long arms. The relocation of the arms is what will really make this truck fly. I did not end up making it to the shop for a quote last night but plan to go Friday for sure. The truck is getting an alignment done that day from the same guy so I plan to pick his brain and see what kind of pricing he can get me.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Probably the track bar with long arms. The relocation of the arms is what will really make this truck fly. I did not end up making it to the shop for a quote last night but plan to go Friday for sure. The truck is getting an alignment done that day from the same guy so I plan to pick his brain and see what kind of pricing he can get me.
I'm really curious to see what this guys wants to run. Those are gonna be some serious arms. The track bar was always a headache for me, front or rear when I was building trucks, getting it flat and able to cycle through full bump and droop without much side to side movement, while clearing everything is sometimes a pain. Can't wait to see what he comes up with.