My Prerunner Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ttthiel

ttthiel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2016
Engine
5.7, 5.7
I have no idea how to disable or bypass the airbags either. I think disconnecting the harness under the seat might disable them, but that might cause other unwanted issues. Perhaps try our engine/performance section and see what the tuners think about it, I’m sure the fellas doing drag racing and installing racing seats have dealt with the airbags.

For the traction control you might think investing in Hptuners, not only because you can disable the traction control with it but also because you can tune many other different things, fan settings, torque management, fueling, timing etc.
I’ve eliminated some TM from my tune and I haven’t have the need to disable my traction control in full. For traction control you can write a tune to disable it completely, or you can disable it on the fly and when you shut the engine off the feature reverts back to normal. You need a laptop with you every time you want to do it this way, or you can make TM less aggressive or not aggressive at all. I like mine in full until i choose to disable the traction control using the button.

Good luck.

Are you running hptuners? I currently have a bullydog and it is terrible. I planned to get a diablo trinity after i finish the suspension and a cage. I love the option the diablo offers but I will do my research on the hptuners. I think i am just going to pull the abs pump relay and run it like that for the weekend for now.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you running hptuners? I currently have a bullydog and it is terrible. I planned to get a diablo trinity after i finish the suspension and a cage. I love the option the diablo offers but I will do my research on the hptuners. I think i am just going to pull the abs pump relay and run it like that for the weekend for now.
Yes, I have had it since 2006.

OP
OP
ttthiel

ttthiel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2016
Engine
5.7, 5.7
Sooo after the first weekend in the dunes I could not be happier with the front suspension. Did not get any pictures of videos this trip because it was freezing but I will be going again in a couple weeks and will get some for sure out in the sand. Had the truck off the ground multiple times (whoops) and everything held up nicely. The front end just eats everything up and keeps you in control. The rear end absolutely suck haha but i am looking into a rear end from a newer company out of Canada, I will keep everyone updated. On a side note my 2016 ram 1500 with the 8 speed transmission towed my sand truck flawlessly. I did snap a quick shot of that setup but gas mileage and acceleration was significantly decreased but it towed it great!

IMG_1270.jpg

OP
OP
ttthiel

ttthiel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2016
Engine
5.7, 5.7
What is the name of the company in Canada? I want to do long travel on my 2016, been looking at dirt king, but open to other options still. I already have the fiberwerx installed and painted.

View attachment 164973

Hey man! The company I am getting my rear end suspension through is Szondi Motorsport design. As of now he does not have a website and he is still in the prototype phase but you can find him on Instagram @szondi_motorsport_design or on Facebook under that name as well. Badass truck btw! Should be killer after you are done. If you ever need anything let me know! Btw szondi is on the forums now as well. Here he is BmSzondi89.

RamPrerunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the info. I don't think I am too far from you, my daughter lives right by silver lake, and I am near south bend, IN.

OP
OP
ttthiel

ttthiel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2016
Engine
5.7, 5.7
Thanks for the info. I don't think I am too far from you, my daughter lives right by silver lake, and I am near south bend, IN.

Oh that’s awesome man!! We should for sure meet up out there or something! I am in mid Michigan roughly but that’s awesome. What are your plans with the truck?

RamPrerunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wanting to do long travel, but no cage in the rear. We use the truck as our family vehicle most the time. I've been looking at either a 382 swap or building a stroker. Definitely want it to run like a ***** ape in the dunes.

OP
OP
ttthiel

ttthiel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2016
Engine
5.7, 5.7
Wanting to do long travel, but no cage in the rear. We use the truck as our family vehicle most the time. I've been looking at either a 382 swap or building a stroker. Definitely want it to run like a ***** ape in the dunes.

That’ll be sweet! If you are looking to still daily drive it a lot I would consider dirt king for sure up front. In the rear I would do core 4x4 arms king bypass shocks and some extended coils and call it a day. You’d still be able to daily that truck and have a badass toy when you want it!

RamPrerunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, I've been looking at dirt king, really like their front kits. I will look at core 4x4 for the rear. Thanks for the info!

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Yeah, I've been looking at dirt king, really like their front kits. I will look at core 4x4 for the rear. Thanks for the info!
Check these guys out https://gorracing.com/ they have some pretty cool options for the 1500’s. I’d like to eventually do something similar as their rear setup and convert over to a coilover.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is how the dirt King rear setup looks like more or less, Gorracing will give you more travel for sure.
I'm attracted to the Dirt King rear bypasses cause i won't have to cage the rear and they told me i didn't need hyd bumpstops either so it's a simpler setup. eventually i'll get there someday with their front LT setup as well.

44277811364_e7e9e13a3e_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

44277814874_3f8fa3874f_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

44277813114_fde05d0848_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

MaxSteel2013

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What is the name of the company in Canada? I want to do long travel on my 2016, been looking at dirt king, but open to other options still. I already have the fiberwerx installed and painted.

View attachment 164973

This is badass. Did you get the fiberglass or carbon fiber? How much of a PITA were the bedsides?

They're telling me 4-6 months for CF right now.

OP
OP
ttthiel

ttthiel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2016
Engine
5.7, 5.7
This is badass. Did you get the fiberglass or carbon fiber? How much of a PITA were the bedsides?

They're telling me 4-6 months for CF right now.

Well I got mine from fiberwerx and it took about 2 months to come in. But they are a royal pain in the ass to install. Cutting off the bedsides sucks if you have never done it before. Just a ton of cutting but after that fastening it can be a challenge as well. I suggest buying the fiberglass bedside washers from like camburg or kibbitech and using those. I also had issues with my tail lights fitting correctly. A good 10 hour job for me lol well worth it in the end though.

OP
OP
ttthiel

ttthiel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2016
Engine
5.7, 5.7
This is how the dirt King rear setup looks like more or less, Gorracing will give you more travel for sure.
I'm attracted to the Dirt King rear bypasses cause i won't have to cage the rear and they told me i didn't need hyd bumpstops either so it's a simpler setup. eventually i'll get there someday with their front LT setup as well.

44277811364_e7e9e13a3e_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

44277814874_3f8fa3874f_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

44277813114_fde05d0848_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Are you running this rear setup??? I did not know that. How well is your performance with it?

MaxSteel2013

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I got mine from fiberwerx and it took about 2 months to come in. But they are a royal pain in the ass to install. Cutting off the bedsides sucks if you have never done it before. Just a ton of cutting but after that fastening it can be a challenge as well. I suggest buying the fiberglass bedside washers from like camburg or kibbitech and using those. I also had issues with my tail lights fitting correctly. A good 10 hour job for me lol well worth it in the end though.

That's what I was afraid of. I have a Dirt King full LT kit coming (front and rear) and was hoping to get these on their way at the same time. Do you have any close up pics of the finish particularly around the bolts?

OP
OP
ttthiel

ttthiel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2016
Engine
5.7, 5.7
That's what I was afraid of. I have a Dirt King full LT kit coming (front and rear) and was hoping to get these on their way at the same time. Do you have any close up pics of the finish particularly around the bolts?

I do not at the moment. I will snap a couple tonight for sure! Anything else let me know. Are you 4x4 upfront and is this a dd truck or just a toy?

MaxSteel2013

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do not at the moment. I will snap a couple tonight for sure! Anything else let me know. Are you 4x4 upfront and is this a dd truck or just a toy?

Yes on 4x4 and it's a daily for now. I supercharged it back in October and I've been hooked on making it a toy ever since.

OP
OP
ttthiel

ttthiel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2016
Engine
5.7, 5.7
Yes on 4x4 and it's a daily for now. I supercharged it back in October and I've been hooked on making it a toy ever since.

Damn what supercharge kit did you run with? I would love to supercharge mine but I cant justify spending $7k for it. When you do make it a toy I would suggest taking off the front sway bar for sure.

MaxSteel2013

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Damn what supercharge kit did you run with? I would love to supercharge mine but I cant justify spending $7k for it. When you do make it a toy I would suggest taking off the front sway bar for sure.

Went with the Edelbrock. I'm a pretty big fan of it, but I'll be rebuilding the trans soon...

I have a throttle body, headers, and new brakes coming this week too.