Need assistance on Drivers Door Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leo Dano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Hello All,

I got a 2014 Tradesman 1500 V6. I got it as a theft recovery and the Drivers door Switch was cut at the harness. I was able to source the 3 wire connector and a new OEM Switch.

For some reason, it seems like no power is getting to it. It acts totally dead. My passenger switch works fine with the up/down window as well as door lock/unlock.

I had bought a door module before I found out the original module was still there. Anyways, neither makes a difference. I am getting power to the door module. I also verified all the wires going from the door to the body were all fine. Verified continuity at the fuse as well.

I am stumped and not sure where to check further. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Leo

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
You may have a bad switch if I'm reading your question right. My switch was bad on my 2013 cummins. I ordered a new one and while I was waiting on shipping, I took the old one apart. They are made just like a game controller or old analog cell phones. Soft contacts pushed to contact a PC board. I cleaned it with alcohol and q-tips and it works great now. I still have the new one as a back up. Moisture in the switch from rain causes this. It leaves a white powder residue (Oxidation) on the contacts.

If you take yours apart, watch carefully, several small parts in the rocker switches.

OP
OP
Leo Dano

Leo Dano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
You may have a bad switch if I'm reading your question right. My switch was bad on my 2013 cummins. I ordered a new one and while I was waiting on shipping, I took the old one apart. They are made just like a game controller or old analog cell phones. Soft contacts pushed to contact a PC board. I cleaned it with alcohol and q-tips and it works great now. I still have the new one as a back up. Moisture in the switch from rain causes this. It leaves a white powder residue (Oxidation) on the contacts.

If you take yours apart, watch carefully, several small parts in the rocker switches.

The switch is a brand new OEM Mopar one. I don't think the issue is with the new switch.

OP
OP
Leo Dano

Leo Dano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Ended up being the switch connector had the wrong pinout as the connector came from a 4 door and not a 2 door. Master switch now working as it should. Got to appreciate my friend who is an ASE mechanic at a Dodge Dealer in finding this.