New 97 Ram Sport 4x4 owner!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

headhunter123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8
Greeting Gentlemen and some ladies. Just a few hours ago, I traded my 2006 Mazda RX8 for a 1997 Ram Sport 4x4. The reason I did the swap was because I wanted a truck for future purposes and also I was getting too old for a lowered car and that car was going bad. Anyway, I am glad I made the trade. Being the fact that it was a 97 with 170k miles, I was a bit iffy. I've spoken with a lot of my truck buddies and they said I'll be fine because it was a truck. I would have to start using the high mileage oils and keep up with the maintenance. The mazda was too much maintenance and I think it was starting to fall apart. He was selling the truck for the same price I was. We decided to make a 1 for 1 swap. He wanted the car to put a turbo and such. Why not? It was getting expensive for me to maintain also.
I've been looking around the internet for any information I could get for this truck as well as parts. As of now, the Ram needs a new dash (so does everyone else), headlights didn't work. Only brights do work so I'd have to check the bulbs in the morning and lastly, the power locks doesn't. I'd have to check up on that why. But overall, I am glad I got this. Now I can play in the mud with the 4x4. This is my first 4x4 truck.

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Welcome to the site

Tony:rockit: