New Airbag Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Huh, the recall I just got said that the side airbag sensitivity was set too low in some vehicles. Nothing about the harness chaffing.

J-

Different recall..................

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just went through this. Got a notice in the beginning of the year about the pinion nut recall, and the DAB. Said parts weren't available, we'll contact you when they are. Couple weeks ago my rear diff started making noise, finally went and put my VIN in, comes up "Parts Available". No notice in the mail. Took the truck in, pinion nut was loose and damaged a bunch of stuff, they totally rebuilt the diff and it's fine now. Probably could've saved them some money if they sent out the cards when they got the parts in the system.

Imagine how much money they would have saved had they just built it correctly to begin with ??

KPietriyk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Imagine how much money they would have saved had they just built it correctly to begin with ??

This is Dodge we're talking about! The people who brought you wonders like the Aspen and Rustcharger! I love Mopar, but some of their engineers should have their hands broken.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is Dodge we're talking about! The people who brought you wonders like the Aspen and Rustcharger! I love Mopar, but some of their engineers should have their hands broken.

Hey now....I had 5 of those rustchargers as you call them. All 79's.

Even my avatar is a ramcharger, albeit it one with a shortbed conversion kit on it. The last kit made for dodges too by the way.

And my screen name is a shortened version of a previous one..."TheRamChargerMan", cuz I ain't got any of them anymore.