New AT tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RGAS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The new 4s look like they will do every bit as well in the snow/ice and handle other off road scenarios better. Plus they look a bit better IMO. Thanks for the feedback. I haven't really talked to anyone who doesn't like Cooper.
I have the AT3 4S tires on my truck as well. 5k miles still look new. Handled Wisconsin snow beautifully with no road noise. I did however lose a little mpg but that's with the winter blend also. I'm a fan of the Coopers and paid the same price for them as what the Wildpeaks would have cost.

Mountaineer83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've had the Wrangler Ultraterrain ATs since November and I love them. Super quite under normal driving. I get a little noise on the WV backroads with all the curves, but nothing more than any other AT tire.

I love the look of them as well. Impressive in mud and snow, us they are snowflake rated. Look very aggressive, but drive very smooth and quite!

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I've had the Wrangler Ultraterrain ATs since November and I love them. Super quite under normal driving. I get a little noise on the WV backroads with all the curves, but nothing more than any other AT tire.

I love the look of them as well. Impressive in mud and snow, us they are snowflake rated. Look very aggressive, but drive very smooth and quite!

The guys at the local Discount Tire showed me these when I was thinking of replacing the stocks. They are geared as competition for the KO2s. I had both the DT and KO2s on the Jeep and the KOs wore 2x what the DTs did. Around here in WY & CO the snowflake tires can be used, up to a point, instead of chains. So they will be my choice when the times comes around.

TXMarine1

Reaction score
Lincoln, NE (originally from China Spring, TX)
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
I have a 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie with air ride. I live in Nebraska where we had a snowy winter and we deal with a ton of rain in the spring I have 275/60 R20. I run Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs and love them. They have good aggresive tread and are fairly quiet. I went through 2.5 foot drifts at one point and had no issues. That tire kicked butt as far as traction goes. They are reasonably priced also. Good luck.
Semper fi

20190417_145428.jpg

Dansraminit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went with Falken wildpeak, kinda regret not sticking with cooper, these Falken are much louder than the bald stick ones, yes more aggressive but, I had cooper at3 on my previous 2500 and they were much quieter

Last edited:

NOV87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

X2 on Ultraterrain. Had mine since last fall. Tried them in all conditions: wet, mud, snow loose and packed. Love them! I had BFG's and Duratracs in the past and I find Ultraterrains pretty similar to Duratracs. A little quieter though.

MidTennMtneer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar
I don’t know why it’s so hard to find a decent tire. I want the look of a BFG AT or Nitto Ridge Grappler but in 4 ply P metric like stock tires.

That’s all I need. I want aggressive tread for looks only. Yes I’m a poser. Long as it moves in a few inches of snow I’m good.

I had the Wildpeaks on my last truck but they honestly aren’t aggressive enough for what I like.

Surely these tire companies realize there are people that want an aggressive looking non LT tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreyShadow

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport (Quad Cab)
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put Falken Wildpeak AT/3W's on my truck in January, in the oem 275/60r20 size. I think they run incredibly smooth. Have had them up to 85mph on the highway. They are a bit noisier than the Firestone's I had on my old truck, but nothing excessive. They did great in the snow this past winter, but they did not do as well in standing water compared to my old destination AT's. Those cut through water like a hot knife in butter. The falkens give me a sense of hydoplanning, that I don't like. I am also one of the apparent minority (from reading lots of reviews), that lost 3-3.5mpg over the stock SR-A,s. They feel like they are covered in glue, they stick to the road so we'll. I'm trying to figure out now what I will be running in the summer, and keep these falkens for winter only.

SOLER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I got rid of the Goodyears on my '15 after a few months and white'knuckling it in snow on a trip from New Mexico to Utah, going thru Colorado. Hated the Goodyears. And I had Goodyears on an '04 Dually. The sidewalls split and bulged. I'll NEVER have another set of Goodyears on anything again. I got Cooper ATP's on my truck, have over 45K, and they look like I've got 20k. They are quiet, have excellent traction, and I'm getting good life out the them. Love them. Put the same tire on my wife's Grand Cherokee. Load range E on her Jeep is overkill, but I wanted peace of mind when I'm out of town, she isn't having blowouts or anything. I weighed the Coopers against Michelins for warranty. Michelin doesn't have an All Terrain that's comparable to the tread on the Discovery, the warranty is the same (60k), and Coopers are less $$.

I also went up a size. 275 60 20s were on my truck, and replaced with Coopers 275 65 20...just slightly taller tire

Coopers will go on my truck again for sure!

OP
OP
J

JROOT327

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I put Falken Wildpeak AT/3W's on my truck in January, in the oem 275/60r20 size. I think they run incredibly smooth. Have had them up to 85mph on the highway. They are a bit noisier than the Firestone's I had on my old truck, but nothing excessive. They did great in the snow this past winter, but they did not do as well in standing water compared to my old destination AT's. Those cut through water like a hot knife in butter. The falkens give me a sense of hydoplanning, that I don't like. I am also one of the apparent minority (from reading lots of reviews), that lost 3-3.5mpg over the stock SR-A,s. They feel like they are covered in glue, they stick to the road so we'll. I'm trying to figure out now what I will be running in the summer, and keep these falkens for winter only.

Were the Wildpeaks you switched to an E rated tire? I'm wondering if they were, the additional weight of the tire may have a lot to do with the mileage. I like the Ultra-terrains, but no warranty worries me a bit.

OP
OP
J

JROOT327

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don’t know why it’s so hard to find a decent tire. I want the look of a BFG AT or Nitto Ridge Grappler but in 4 ply P metric like stock tires.

That’s all I need. I want aggressive tread for looks only. Yes I’m a poser. Long as it moves in a few inches of snow I’m good.

I had the Wildpeaks on my last truck but they honestly aren’t aggressive enough for what I like.

Surely these tire companies realize there are people that want an aggressive looking non LT tire.

For real. Too many E rated tires in the common sizes. I'd imagine most of us would be just fine in P rated for the little bit of "off-roading" and towing we do, while still having an aggressive tire.

GreyShadow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Were the Wildpeaks you switched to an E rated tire? I'm wondering if they were, the additional weight of the tire may have a lot to do with the mileage. I like the Ultra-terrains, but no warranty worries me a bit.

To the best of my knowledge, no, they do not. According to their website, the 275/60r20 have a load rating of "SL", and are 4 ply.

OP
OP
J

JROOT327

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
To the best of my knowledge, no, they do not. According to their website, the 275/60r20 have a load rating of "SL", and are 4 ply.

What rear end do you have in you truck?

GreyShadow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What rear end do you have in you truck?

The dreaded 3.21. But when you have to buy used, your options are limited. I miss the 3.55 from my old ram. But when you get hit..... You gotta do what you gotta do.

OP
OP
J

JROOT327

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The dreaded 3.21. But when you have to buy used, your options are limited. I miss the 3.55 from my old ram. But when you get hit..... You gotta do what you gotta do.

I hear ya. Think that has anything to do with it feeling sluggish?

oilslick

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 1500 4x4 Bighorn Built to Serve edition
Engine
3.6L Pentastar

If you want the look of BFG AT's go with the General AT/X tires. They most resemble the BFGs.

ilovemyramlaremie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I got the general ATX tires, they are the best tires I’ve ever bought , aggressive look, smooth ride
Made in the USA.

MidTennMtneer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar
Wow. The X is a good looking tire but good night. 70lbs for 275/65/20. That’s almost 30 lbs more than stock Goodyears.

Even the normal AT or AT2 is nearly 18 lbs more.

Wildpeak 275/60/20 (4 ply like stock) are only 7 lbs more. However the 275/65/20 LT is 26lbs more.

If I decide to go LT i still might look at the Grabbers. They usually are at a lower price point.