New replacement hitch step bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For those who missed the thread, about a week and a half ago I was rear ended twice in two days. I originally posted the thread in the Lounge but the mods moved it to the 5th gen section. The thread is here with a few pics of the damage and the old step.
The truck goes in on Wednesday to get the bumper replaced. Since I got the paint transfer off it looks better and it's harder to see the damage but there are two nice dents there.

In the second accident my hitch step got hit. It did its job and it protected the truck somewhat. So I had to order a new one. This new one is wider and lighter than the first one. I thought about getting a stronger one but I realized that the step along with protecting the truck from minor bumps is another crush zone for heavier hits. A hollow one like the one I bought will dissipate the energy of a hit (to a point) unlike a solid one that will block a hit better but transfer the energy to the receiver and then the frame. It also matches the shape of my step bars perfectly. I bought it off Amazon. It's sold under a couple of names and a few reviews said that it came bent but this one is fine.

20220627_160832.jpg20220627_160852.jpg

Last edited: