New to me 2018 Power Wagon. Spend my money!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Breaker Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
got all my alpha stuff in finally and got the pin from the dealer. I'm sure I missed it but I actually have to purchase the AlphaOBD software correct? The demo won't work? At least that's the problem I'm running into right now.

From what I understood, yes.
Demo is only to show the different options and maybe test connectivity?

I got the obdlink mx+ and waiting for the bypass harness.

You sure you need the dealer pin??

Keep us posted sir!

:005:

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah I got that. Just hoping I could get the software for free. Lol

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
From what I understood, yes.
Demo is only to show the different options and maybe test connectivity?

I got the obdlink mx+ and waiting for the bypass harness.

You sure you need the dealer pin??

Keep us posted sir!

:005:
yes you need the dealer pin. At least for what I'm doing. Programming fobs, etc. The demo asked me for the pin #.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So wtf. My green connector for my bypass harness won’t plug in. I’ll have to clip this little protrusion off to get it to work. I’m going to get some money back.

image.jpg

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Never mind some retard on YouTube had poor instructions

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm quite happy with my purchase. I almost want to get a third fob and go program it in a dealer parking lot while giving them the finger! Guess they gave me my pin #
s so I shouldn't be too mad. No more tpms light cause I set the threshold to 40! Now I just need to get rid of that pesky light out warning for my license plate bulbs. Are there any other recommendations people have for what to do with the software? I'd love to add the cargo camera but it's so damn expensive.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So I put some fox 2.0's on my truck yesterday. I'm pleasantly surprised with them. I've heard a lot of ******** about the valving on them for the Power Wagons. I got a good deal on them from a forum member and seeing my Bilstein 4600's were starting to rust from rock chips on the rear I figured what the hell. They'll be just fine for my needs until I decide to do the Thuren upgrades in the next year or two. Plus what's not to like about seeing a fox shoved under the truck!?

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh goodies!!!!

How you liking the stt pros? How they holding up?

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I hate them. I’m gonna play around with some air pressure adjustments and get a new alignment per Thuren specs. They aren’t wearing very well I will definitely be switching the trail grapplers when it’s time to get new tires

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not gunna lie I still don’t understand how they give it more lift seeing they are basically the same length as the stock ones. Haha. Guess the coils are thicker.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I don't do it very often. It was pretty sketchy. I had another guy help me but the ramp wasn't very big. I'd like to get a good set of wide arched folding ramps in case I ever need to do it. I had to take it for service and I really didn't want to have to trailer it.