No power and bad gas mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crow1771

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Needing some help. I have a 2013 ram 1500 Hemi. Started out acting like a spark nock and missing no codes where thrown. So I replaced all spark plugs didn’t help anything then a code finally thrown a miss fire on cylinder 3 so I replaced plugs and replaced all of the coil packs. Started acting better but still no power and gas mileage is still bad. Checked truck out with reader the only thing I can see is both fuel rail banks are testing on the high side. Any advice will be grateful and thanks for you time.

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
High fuel pressure will cause you to run rich which decreases fuel economy and poor engine performance, both which you describe.

If fuel pressure is the cause your exhaust maybe black, smell fuel from exhaust, spark plugs black/wet.

Most likely culprit would be a restriction in the fuel return line like a kink.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I'm not sure how to check the fuel pressure,
if you want to change the fuel pressure sensor
You may want to view this video first

OP
OP
C

Crow1771

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Fuel pressure is reading 57 to 58. No smoke and doesn’t smell like gas. Could this be injectors, or fuel pump.